Only in Mel Brooks world!

In the real world: 

DRG did the import and attempts... 

🙂

ETA Mel Brooks reference

Edited by chadbag
  • Haha 1
On 9/2/2021 at 1:47 AM, gavino200 said:

Can you tell us a bit about how it's constructed?

First of all, sorry for being a little offline here recently. I'm struggling a bit with University and life in general and was a bit exhausted and side-tracked by other stuff than model trains 😄

The Berlin Station is a wood construction basically with the details painted (or printed) on. Here is some more info on it, we are currently in the process of completely overhauling it as it's been neglected quite a bit in the past 10 years due to having no space for it at the old club building.

Anyway, the car will move to @Yavaris Forgein around 1.5 weeks 🙂

• Thanks 2
Yavaris Forge

Okay first off I'm sorry the car experienced some minor delays and has been sitting on my layout far too long now. I hope I can get it on its way until next week. Next stop was @Claude_Dreyfus over in the UK afaik.

But I still got some pictures:

P2230310.thumb.JPG.f0a53f5e79c7d0ca15e10c3c4dc1a6f7.JPGP2230304.thumb.JPG.cf66c4e68f50cbebf8a4c401928ac0ee.JPGP2230296.thumb.JPG.c43ff020caf61c19659a2e6d0e7a3979.JPG

• Like 11

Wow, pretty fun to see that old box! I had a pile of them from grad school in the 80s (they stored culture tubes) and I grabbed a pile of them from the waste can when a lab was cleaned out, as they are such nice little storage boxes. Figured it would be a sturdy box to go around the world and looks to have survived well!

the thought was for folks to just paste on a low denomination stamp on the box (since it needed to be wrapped for shipping anyway) so the box would end up looking like an old steamer trunk with country stickers all over it.

jeff

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

the thought was for folks to just paste on a low denomination stamp on the box (since it needed to be wrapped for shipping anyway) so the box would end up looking like an old steamer trunk with country stickers

If I had only known that before 😄

Claude_Dreyfus

The box arrived at Dreyfus Towers safe and well this morning for the start of its UK tour.

The weather wasn't too bad today, and as rain is forecast tomorrow, I thought I would dig Kenekimura out for some fresh air and spider eviction session.

DE10.thumb.jpg.d9a02dbc907af47df826141a6375ad9b.jpg

Something unfamiliar on the Iida line. First up we have a DE10 making a less frequent foray along the Iida line with a wagon in tow carrying some unusual-looking containers. What could they be for? I must get around to straightening up that catenary pole!

ed62.thumb.jpg.235be09f45846aca79e7af86d64f7b4e.jpg

Then it puts in a reappearance behind a more usual ED62. This time ED62 3 rumbles over the level crossing with a short freight...

1197174799_PassingThrough.thumb.jpg.f33f6dafb14819c323109a21a009155a.jpg

...returning a while later following some shunting and rearrangement of the train. Passing Kenekimura station the the cement works in all their glory.

What could all this toing and froing being in aid of? Maybe these could be gauging runs for a special delivery? It become clear to our correspondent later on, when the wagon is caught within the confines of the cement works yard. Spare parts for the drying kiln perhaps?

Shunter.thumb.jpg.486232490dc2e7573b62438978a3d941.jpg

It makes a nice change from the black cement and coal wagons usually seen here. It also rather towers over the diminutive works 20t shunter.

Wagon.thumb.jpg.1e9f2a4d5ee7164079daf98356fa83f7.jpg

Such an unusual sight was considered by the photographer to be worth another picture of the wagon itself.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
Claude_Dreyfus

Unfortunately I have not yet had a response from @Pauljag900 who is next on the list, and I believe @AhmadKane who follows on is taking a break for work reasons, so either I can wait a bit longer (or if anyone on here has Paul's direct contact details they can give him a nudge), or sent on to the following person; unless there is anyone else in the UK who wishes to participate? 

Hi gents,

I have recieved the tour car yesterday,I have unpacked it and happy to say all good.

I can only appologies for my absence from here but life has got in the way the past year or so with a lot going on,sorry gents.I ve spoken to Jeff who knows what’s what but I ve given him my word to complete its journey.

All that said,I m determined to see this through till it arrives back with Jeff👍👍😀

I ll do my bit here then I ll update the video,if I ve missed anyone please let me know but I m pretty sure I have nt as I ve checked👍👍

so the question now is,who wants it next? Let me know in your own time and we ll get it on its way soon👍
stay safe everyone,

kind regards,

paul

4245D903-B396-4ED1-A8A2-3D212EAF9651.jpeg

5992B1C7-3608-471E-965A-9DA716D3F6B7.jpeg

• Like 6
Pauljag900

Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay here but life has just got in the way lately with work and some family issues that have had to take priority I m afraid.

As most people know I do nt have a layout at the moment but had some pics of my copy car on one of my old layouts.

I ve been wanting to strap the car to one of my Rc cars and take it for a drive to one of the local country parks,finally I ve managed to do it.

I m going to try and upload a link to the video so far,if not I ll upload to YouTube and post the link here for anyone who wants to see the story so far.

Can the next person who wants to recieve it please let me know and I ll send it on its way👍👍😀

207A98EE-767B-4FCD-9D19-FFA12EA01788.jpeg

C49D9B8C-E4C6-4CB5-A67A-6A8C2B13D926.jpeg

• Like 2
Pauljag900

Here s the travels so far.

i ll keep updating as it travels and will do a final one with proper description once it returns to Jeff.

• Like 6
Pauljag900

Hi gents,

it seems ahmedkane is unreachable at the moment but I m keen to get this tour car back on its way.

If the next person who wants it gives me a shout I ll send it on its way.

cheers,

paul

Ok gents,

I m back in work Wednesday till Sunday,if I do nt hear from anyone wanting the tour car then I ll return it to Jeff and consider this car has run it’s course.

I realise it’s travels have been disjointed and sporadic but no one could have foreseen what was going to happen regarding covid.

Its been a good effort by all under the circumstances and I personally would like to say thank you to all who took part in making this happen,

well done everyone and thanks for taking part👍👍😀

stay safe,

kind regards

paul.

• Like 1

I'll be in the UK for a couple of weeks from the end of July so I could give you an address to send it to, then I can take it back to Japan and send it on from there.

• Like 3

Morning Squid,

that would be brilliant mate,thank you.

it s a shame to not finish the tour we originally planned with it having travelled so far already👍
I m away myself the last week in July so if you can work with that in mind mate please.

I can send it on anytime obviously so I ll leave it to you to let me know what works best for you👍😀

thanks again for keeping it going buddy,it ll look great on your layout👍😀😀

kind regards

paul

maihama eki

Just out of curiosity... can you pop the containers off and see if there is anything inside either one?

I placed a surprise in one of them way back when - a tiny 3D printed Japanese lantern in a small plastic bag. It was intended to be a gift to the first one to find it. I never did hear anyone say they found it.

I will be surprised if it is still there, but ... who knows?

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

well as you ve probably worked out the tour car is finally on its way to Japan,the last leg of its tour.

It looks like we may eventually complete what we set out to do even though the number of stops may be slightly depleted.

I ll keep logging its journey from here until it returns to Jeff in Washington DC.

stay safe everyone,

paul

• Like 1
3 hours ago, maihama eki said:

Just out of curiosity... can you pop the containers off and see if there is anything inside either one?

I placed a surprise in one of them way back when - a tiny 3D printed Japanese lantern in a small plastic bag. It was intended to be a gift to the first one to find it. I never did hear anyone say they found it.

I will be surprised if it is still there, but ... who knows?

I had a quick peek, there's a little baggie in there with a printed note with your user name on it. Haven't looked any closer, will do when I get back to Japan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
maihama eki
7 hours ago, railsquid said:

I had a quick peek, there's a little baggie in there with a printed note with your user name on it. Haven't looked any closer, will do when I get back to Japan.

Wow. It's still there. I was surprised no one mentioned it.

• Like 2