JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

Perhaps time for those interested in being in the 1.0 loop to speak up now so we can plan a good path forward.

jeff

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

Now I have a layout, I would also be interested in being added to the list.

• Like 1

Ok please keep raising your hands and pm me your mailing address (as is preferred by your post) if you are interest in the 1.0 and/or 2.0  and I’ll get with Paul and gavin about restarting the circuit.

one other option we talked about in the past might be to do the “lite” version of just shipping the container in a lighter box, won’t make some air mail size restrictions but might be a lot lighter than the car box and folks could pop them on their own kokis and such. Last time we thought having all ready to go was best solution, but that was precovid and increase in postal rates and such. Thoughts?

too bad there are not little pop together containers that could get shipped flat in an envelope. I’ll knoodle on some containers to see if it could work with some cutting. Maybe one of the 3d printer folks could design and print a tomytec style interlocking box that could pop apart?

cheers,

jeff

Anyone interested in getting the current JNS world tour car here this spring/summer? Please pm me.

jeff

• Like 2
Pauljag900

Gents,

firstly appologies for the silence here on the tour thread.

Martijn held it at my request,after consulting a few members and deciding to halt its travels due to the current world situation.

I had every intention of contacting Martijn mid June with a view to getting it moving again.It seemed a shame to put it at risk having travelled so far.

Between now and then I intended to check it’s destinations to date and where/ who has it next.

I m happy to do this but if anyone has any other ideas to start again or do another one then I m fine with that also👍👍😀

regards,

paul

• Like 3
Pauljag900

Hi everyone,

I had a conversation today with Jeff to discuss the plans for the continued journey of our tour car.

Since the tour began we have had new members join the forum who have expressed an intrest in taking part.

As we know the car is currently being held by Martijn in the Netherlands and the plan is to re start it’s journey by mid June.
over the next couple of weeks I intend to detail its journey so far so you can all see where we re at currently.

We feel the best way forward is for it to continue its original journey of Europe then to Australia,Japan,Singapore and finally completing its round trip by ending up back in the USA with Jeff.

We had a brief discussion as to what to do with the car once the journey is complete and we think some kind of auction with the money raised going to a worldwide charity of some description.

Absoloutely nothing is set in stone so any ideas/objections etc are welcome.

In order for me to plan its continued journey can those who wish to now take part please pm me on here initially with there username,name and email,also the country where you live please so I can document the details,including the people who have already done so but who have not yet recieved it,starting fresh from here is the easiest way to avoid any confusion.

I m hoping 2-3 weeks will be sufficient time to get it on its way again.

Any questions please do nt hesitate to contact me,

many thanks,

regards,

Paul

• Like 3
Pauljag900

Having looked at my list this is where I think we re up to so far.The list is in the order in which it was recieved.

If I ve missed anyone or got this wrong then please let me know,

many thanks,

paul

jeff

khia66

serrotta1972

chadbag

maihama eki

mry1210

gavino200

kvp

coromant

ist

suica

yaviance

martijn.

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

hope everyone is safe and well👍😀

I spoke with Martijn yesterday and the plan is to restart the tour cars journey on 1st July 2021.

I need to compile a new list of recipients so we can make it as easy as possible for people to post or receive and keep costs to a minimum.

A few weeks ago I requested names and country of people wanting to take part from here so I can compile a route for its travels.

With everything that’s been happening in the world and people asking to take part since the original list was compiled I felt the easiest way to avoid any confusion would be to start a new list from here on in.

The old list needs to be disregarded completely so even if you had your name down originally can you please let me know again,the list and tour starts here😂👍

So far I ve had no response to the original request so we now have just over 2 weeks to get it sorted.

I ve gone back over the discussion thread and so far this is what I have for the new list,in this order of travel,

ian law- netherlands

roadstar na6 -germany

yavaris forge - germany

claude Dreyfus - uk

me - uk

ahmadkane - ?

cat - USA.

the reason for the list is to stop the need for the car having to return to a place it’s just left.

The alternative if I can t compile a new list is to just let people ask who wants it next and post it on to them and let it take it’s own course.

If people can pm their username,name and country I can then try and make it as organised as possible,

cheers everyone,

kind regards,

paul

• Like 3

Hi all,

It s time to re start the world tour car travels but as I ve had no contact regarding the world tour car I ve spoken with both Jeff and Martijn and we ve decided to just do it on a “who wants it next” basis.At the moment it’s still with Martijn in the Netherlands who will shortly post it on to Roadstar in Germany,once he s ready to post it on he can just post on here asking who wants it next and you guys can decide which is the most logical route and who to send it to next.

I will monitor and record its progress as it travels and will organise its Uk travels.

many thanks 

paul

• Like 3
maihama eki

I would be interested to see a picture of the small box that it has been traveling in. It seemed like we were all adding something like a stamp or similar.

Also, did anyone find the small 3D printed Japanese lantern that I stashed inside of one of the containers?

Edited by maihama eki
  • Like 1

Oooh Cracker Jack surprise! THANKS!

yeah I had hoped folks would just put a low denomination stamp on the box somewhere as best to just keep wrapping the box for each shipment so outside is clean and clear on mailing. I tired to use a super sturdy box to start the travels. Nice things are getting going after the covid respite.

Cheers,

jeff

• Like 1

Yes it’s bopping around Germany now I think. It took a rest there during covid when shipping got difficult, but back on its rounds again. I think headed to down under and asia after last few euro stops here.

jeff

Hi gents,

appologies for late reply here but I ve been in work today.

as Jeff rightly said it has now resumed its European travels and as far as I am aware it was sent by Martijn to Roadstar.

i ll contact Martijn to confirm this as I ve not heard confirmation.

paul

• Like 1
roadstar_na6

I'm constantly in contact with Martijn as well, we're not in a hurry 🙂

Edited by roadstar_na6

That’s fine mate,if you could just let me know when you ve received it please so I can keep track of its travels

paul

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

It has arrived safely in Germany, after some “minor” delays 🤪

@Pauljag900 I did get your emails, and replied to them, but I think they might have gotten lost somewhere...

2 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

The car is now with me and has already visited pre-1945 Berlin

B9DC085D-826F-499A-ABD4-6B7D80FDA2A7.thumb.jpeg.2c41b1c879297bf3c7bd9ce76f998321.jpeg

Wow! That station building is amazing!! Can you tell us a bit about how it's constructed?

• Like 2

Brilliant!! 
I have nt relieved any emails Martijn sorry but no problem,just glad to see it’s on the move again👍👍😀

will have a lot of time on my hands again from tomorrow as I m self isolating ready for my operation on 17/9,so will do a proper update on its travels so far in due course.

Good effort gents,let’s do our best to keep this going and get it completed👍👍😀😀