JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

Martijn Meerts

We have a small container car with the JNS Forum logo on it, that members have been sending to each other to take picture of and run on their layouts for a bit. So it's been going all over the world. Although, it's on hold for now due to the virus and fear of it getting lost in the mail. I currently have it sitting on my storage yard.

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Pretty sure that's possible. Paul (the original poster of this thread) is mostly taking care of the project, so he'll have more details. Right now I still have the car, I was about to send it over to / visit the next person in line when the whole virus thing started happening.

I'm not sure when it'll be started up again, but either way, I guess we can continue sending it to people if and when people are interested. Not even sure it was ever determined what would happen with the car once everyone's had it, I was extremely busy with work when it was all planned 🙂

• Like 1
Pauljag900

Hi Gents,

hope every one is safe and well👍👍😀

when I discussed it at the very start with Jeff I think one idea we had was that we could perhaps auction it off and the money donated to a children’s charity,nothing was set in stone and it was only one suggestion,so the answer to that question would be to say nothing definite has been decided as to what will happen to it.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed though gents👍👍😀

paul.

roadstar_na6

I think for now there‘s still a few people interested in receiving it after the pandemic so I guess we should continue the journey of it a little longer 😄

6 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Hi Gents,

hope every one is safe and well👍👍😀

when I discussed it at the very start with Jeff I think one idea we had was that we could perhaps auction it off and the money donated to a children’s charity,nothing was set in stone and it was only one suggestion,so the answer to that question would be to say nothing definite has been decided as to what will happen to it.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed though gents👍👍😀

paul.

You mean auctioning the JNS forum wagon to a member? That may depend on the charity in question

Edited by AhmadKane

Auction would be for whoever wanted to bid with the understanding of the charity that would receive the funds. Costs and efforts to make the car were from mostly Paul and it should be him to make the decision on that and then decision on if individual members would want to bid with the resulting win funds going to that charity is up to them.

it may be better to start a new 2020 one here to get a new circuit to pick up new interested members once international shipping is going better. And do the new loop with new participants who didn’t get in 2019 getting priority. But it may be a while before we do this as I doubt inexpensive shipping options will come back quickly here.

the 2019 got a pretty good run with those that were on the initial interest list, so maybe time to retire it and do the 2020.

these projects require a whole host of folks to make happen and at times things happen to slow things up. We also were trying to sequence the shipping around the world to reduce shipping costs and potential customs issues.

ill probably post the 2019 decal file up here so folks can also make their own containers if they want by printing decals (we sent a bunch along so each participant would have a set to make a pair of containers).

cheers

jeff

• Like 3
Pauljag900
1 hour ago, AhmadKane said:

You mean auctioning the JNS forum wagon to a member? That may depend on the charity in question

Morning gents,

I would imagine it would be a member as as far as I m aware we re the only ones who know about it.

As for the charity,I m hoping that would be decided between ourselves when the time comes but I m guessing that could be a while yet.

Pauljag900

Once things get moving again I’ll put up a post asking for additional names and we ll take it from there.

no point doing it now because we don’t know how long that’s going to be.

hope this is allok👍😀 

• Like 1
Pauljag900

Hi gents,

change of plan😂😂

anyone wishing to take part who is nt on the original list can you please send me a personal message with your username,name and city and country.

This will enable me to create a new list and route,

many thanks,

paul

• Like 1
Pauljag900
8 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

I think for now there‘s still a few people interested in receiving it after the pandemic so I guess we should continue the journey of it a little longer 😄

Hi buddy,

all too often these things get started and fall by the wayside.

The car has been half way around the world and it would be a shame for that to happen.

The decision to suspend its travels during these dificult times was made purely to protect it from getting lost.

We all know how good and special this forum is(take a look at some others if you do nt believe me😂😂) what we are doing is not a new idea,but I wonder just how many of these projects actually get completed.

I give you all my word that I will do my upmost to make sure we see this through. It ll be quite an achievement everyone👍😀

Pauljag900
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Auction would be for whoever wanted to bid with the understanding of the charity that would receive the funds. Costs and efforts to make the car were from mostly Paul and it should be him to make the decision on that and then decision on if individual members would want to bid with the resulting win funds going to that charity is up to them.

it may be better to start a new 2020 one here to get a new circuit to pick up new interested members once international shipping is going better. And do the new loop with new participants who didn’t get in 2019 getting priority. But it may be a while before we do this as I doubt inexpensive shipping options will come back quickly here.

the 2019 got a pretty good run with those that were on the initial interest list, so maybe time to retire it and do the 2020.

these projects require a whole host of folks to make happen and at times things happen to slow things up. We also were trying to sequence the shipping around the world to reduce shipping costs and potential customs issues.

ill probably post the 2019 decal file up here so folks can also make their own containers if they want by printing decals (we sent a bunch along so each participant would have a set to make a pair of containers).

cheers

jeff

Hi Jeff,

that’s a great idea mate but can I make a suggestion please😂?

Given the current world situation and the uncertainty of when the car resumes it’s travels I ve a feeling this could well run into 2021!😂😂

why not hold off on the decal till it actually finishes and print accordingly here for people to print their own off.

it s looking like it’s going to be World tour 2018-2021.

just a thought marte👍😀

Paul,

sure up to you! You started this whole gig and have been maintaining it, I’ve just tried to do the things to make it so! You’re Picard dude!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
Pauljag900
9 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Paul,

sure up to you! You started this whole gig and have been maintaining it, I’ve just tried to do the things to make it so! You’re Picard dude!

cheers

jeff

Just thinking you may do one now but may end up doing another next year,actually there s no “may” about it,you ll deffo have to do one next year😂😂

gavino200
On 7/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, Yavianice said:

Like I posted more than a month ago, I took the JNS world tour on a mini "world" tour to Japan, and visited some sights on the way. Note that I had a simple iPhone to make pictures so they aren't awesome all the time.

IMG_5497.JPG.4f8cc9a743b1ca5200b0a3ce95b474af.JPG

Mandatory japan tourist picture

IMG_6437.JPG.a24f37239aa4359d33899fc67b41e90f.JPG

Back at KATO headquarters!

IMG_5321.thumb.JPG.977f33079a4239d82a162f10c26c146e.JPG

At the Tokyo Metro museum!

IMG_5313.JPG.397de8bc1d4d708a93886cf58457c84d.JPG

Tobu museum trip!

IMG_5792.JPG.56454cb26a84db4faf142a6ab41549e7.JPG

At the C11 by the Aeon mall in Hiroshima!

IMG_5440.JPG.13d7afc131f0e9d6ea896209d31976db.JPG

In an empty E4 Shinkansen (one of my favorites) on the lower floor

IMG_6450.JPG.3c47fc9cb520f4cbd0b3b87f2d75408d.JPG

Can anyone guess in which train the JNS car is? (JNS discord members, don't spoil it!)

IMG_5405.JPG.fcfcea7429bf9fc833beb2c1b56af116.JPG

At the Niigata Niitsu railway museum

IMG_5393.jpg.f1a7c03a7b47f926331653515d471420.jpg

Car is on the bottom left, bit hard to see.

The car is still in my possession, as I may have some additional plans for it before I ship it to its next stop.

Cheers!

This is fantastic!

gavino200
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

What happened with the container train? Any updates? Who has it now?

Based on this thread it looks like @Martijn Meerts is still holding it hostage. Release the container Martijn!!!!

gavino200
4 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Maybe time for a new world tour?

jeff

Agree. How about numbering the tours, instead of going by the year. They seem to take a couple of years to circle. JNS World Tour III??

• Thanks 1

Getting a second one going will help others potentially get in on the tour along with new folks. It was getting pretty slow to get it moved around even pre covid. Mail is still pretty slow internationally as well.

jeff

• Like 3

Sounds like fun Jeff, count me in!  I'll see if I have anything I can offer up as a tour car.

13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Getting a second one going will help others potentially get in on the tour along with new folks. It was getting pretty slow to get it moved around even pre covid. Mail is still pretty slow internationally as well.

jeff

Oh i didnt understand. I thought you meant restart it.

Yes another one floating around would be good. Dunno why with the last one why people held on to is for 3 months at a time on occasions. Was way be covid in 2018/9, so no need or excuse really.

I'd just call it the 2021 tour, and hope it doesn't last 3+ years like the 2018 tour. Or just take the year away and just continue the 'world tour' and continue this thread.

Edited by katoftw

Folks get busy, just the nature of the beast in doing something like this that it will have a few stalls here and there. anything with more than 2nor 3 people involved will have some and this just worse spread across the globe.

Having a second also makes slow boat shipping not as much of an issue, especially with covid.

I’ll get to noodling on a new graphic for #2 or if someone else wants to design one please yell! I can donate a KOMU wagon, I wanted to try a new paint stripper! 

if we eventually retire the first car maybe we auction it off to pay for server costs or something. Ideas?

jeff

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

I kinda forgot I still had it, it's been a rather stressful time here the past many months. I can pass it on to the next person, but there's probably a few more people interested in it now, so not sure who the next person is 🙂

• Haha 1