JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

2 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Gents,

how do I search for members?

i need to know where Ian law lives so I can plan the route,does anyone know?

Appologies gents,

got it👍👍😀

Here is the provisional route for Europe,

if Gavin can post to Hungary then the shortest distances should be as follows,

hungary

Switzerland 

france

netherlands

germany

uk.

please bear in mind that yaviance has offered to post on to the uk so will be the last member in Germany.As for the order in which it should travel in each country then I ll leave it up to yourselves to sort out.

i will recieve it first in the uk to cover any custom charges and will Co ordinate it’s route within the uk and recieve it back before posting on to Asia.

Hope this is all ok,if not let me know and we can change things.1470350A-EAAD-4BE4-B226-5B0ACDD27131.thumb.jpeg.8ee9f68db255de64325ede37fa3b842b.jpeg

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And finally the provisional route for Asia.

please bear in mind that railsquid has kindly offered to post back to the USA once the tour is complete so therefore will be the last to receive it on this leg of the tour.

As Australia is the furthest point away from me I think it’s best route will be from me to Australia-to Singapore and finally to japan before returning back to jeff.

if anyone thinks it should be a diferent route let me know and we ll work it out.

ACA8A9F4-D177-41AE-AA2B-968C57580855.thumb.jpeg.e5737474ea576449039c939e80fbd9d0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's the route I would have suggested :thuumbsup:

Point of pedantry: America is to the east of Japan 😉

3 minutes ago, railsquid said:

It's the route I would have suggested :thuumbsup:

Point of pedantry: America is to the east of Japan 😉

Does nt surprise me I got it wrong,my geography is crap mate😂😂😂

i was tiring to work it out from a flat world map ha ha.

Great work Thanks Paul! 

Something strikes me deep in the heart to see Singapore on that map!  🙂

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Great work Thanks Paul! 

Something strikes me deep in the heart to see Singapore on that map!  🙂

It’s gonna look fab on that layout sammy👍👍😀

5 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Does nt surprise me I got it wrong,my geography is crap mate😂😂😂

i was tiring to work it out from a flat world map ha ha.

no worries, it's been over a decade since Japan was on the right-hand edge of the world map for me ;).

Anyway a good reason to get cracking more on the layout...

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, railsquid said:

no worries, it's been over a decade since Japan was on the right-hand edge of the world map for me ;).

Anyway a good reason to get cracking more on the layout...

I always look forward to your layout updates squid,top work buddy👍👍😀

So, funny story, I live in Baltimore, but i have everything shipped to my work in DC, lol.

Also, I presume I shouldn't kidnap it and take it with me to Tokyo for sightseeing in a couple weeks, right? 🤣

On 7/24/2018 at 8:57 AM, Pauljag900 said:

Hi gents,

i ve managed to organise the route for the USA. Below is a map of its journey so far and the route for it to take.

As far as I can tell we have 8 members from the USA taking part,illustrated below is the route I think is best,bearing in mind that Gavino200 has kindly agreed to fund the more expensive postage to Europe and therefore needs to recieve it last.

At the moment it’s made its stop to Cteno4,Khia66 and serotta1972,it’s now on its way to Chadbag.so from here the route should be,

Chadbag

Maihama Eki

Defor

MRY1210

Gavino200

Gavin will then post it  to Europe.

just an idea,but if you can look who is sending it to you and pm them your address in preparation for them sending it on.

Again,not set in stone so if anyone wants to do it differently then that’s fine,I m not the best at geography but have used google and this seems the best route.

Also it’s not too late to join in,anyone wishing to do so please pm me with your state so I can alter the route and map to suit.

Hope this is all ok,

thanks everyone for taking part,

Paul👍😀😀

45D9CC57-5667-4B23-93B0-B93DD429EED5.thumb.jpeg.f17eaccd753e25fb1b7a84ffb0a81638.jpeg

Is this the most up to date itinerary for the US?   I figure I should start getting ready to send it on to the next phase.

1 hour ago, chadbag said:

Is this the most up to date itinerary for the US?   I figure I should start getting ready to send it on to the next phase.

Hi chadbag,

Yes mate,Maihama Eki should be next.👍😀

3 hours ago, defor said:

So, funny story, I live in Baltimore, but i have everything shipped to my work in DC, lol.

Also, I presume I shouldn't kidnap it and take it with me to Tokyo for sightseeing in a couple weeks, right? 🤣

I do nt think there s a time limit as to how long you have the car for,personally I do nt think it’s a bad idea to be honest,in fact,as we only have one member in japan in mr railsquid it’s a good idea in my opinion.

So long As no one else objects I do nt see any reason why not buddy.👍😀

I guess the general idea is for it to be pictured in as many places as possible around the world but I do nt see that it matters who does it.

paul

Edited by Pauljag900
5 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

I do nt think there s a time limit as to how long you have the car for,personally I do nt think it’s a bad idea to be honest,in fact,as we only have one member in japan in mr railsquid it’s a good idea in my opinion.

So long As no one else objects I do nt see any reason why not buddy.👍😀

I guess the general idea is for it to be pictured in as many places as possible around the world but I do nt see that it matters who does it.

paul

Just bear in mind that though I'm based in Tokyo, I might not be able to meet up to receive it to save on postage, in case anyone was thinking of suggesting that...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Just bear in mind that though I'm based in Tokyo, I might not be able to meet up to receive it to save on postage, in case anyone was thinking of suggesting that...

Hi squid,

no mate, it never crossed my mind, I would nt have suggested that anyway mate as it still gas two stops to make in the USA after Defor has it so it would make no sense to do that mate 👍👍👍

On 1/26/2018 at 7:47 PM, serotta1972 said:

I can donate these extra containers that I have and can bring it to Jeff when I go to DC next week.  Suica made a good point that you don't have to have a Koki as you can just park it next to the tracks or yard.  These particular containers would be great as it doesn't have a lot of markings and relatively cheap if we were to get more.

IMG_0931.jpg

Serotta, if you still consider these containers "extra" I'd love to buy them from you. I'm collecting Sagawa stuff so I can make a little depot for my M-250.

5 hours ago, railsquid said:

He could leave it in a railway locker and send you the key by local mail. 🙂

1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

He could leave it in a railway locker and send you the key by local mail. 🙂

But I might not be able to make it to wherever within the available storage period... If at all it'd be easier and probably cheaper to send it directly by post...

13 minutes ago, railsquid said:

But I might not be able to make it to wherever within the available storage period... If at all it'd be easier and probably cheaper to send it directly by post...

I agree. But it seems like fun. Like a drop off in a spy or crime movie! Just theoretically (since we're obviously not doing this) he could accommodate you since he's the one on vacation. You could tell him where to make the dropoff!

I mean, it all depends on timing anyway 🙂 I leave for Japan on the 20th. I was originally just posting in jest anyway!

• Haha 1
serotta1972
On 8/2/2018 at 8:07 AM, gavino200 said:

Serotta, if you still consider these containers "extra" I'd love to buy them from you. I'm collecting Sagawa stuff so I can make a little depot for my M-250.

Yes, I will PM you.  Sorry for the delayed response.

• Like 1

Maihama Eki should have gotten it (post wise) by now.  He may be busy for a few days and not gotten to it yet.

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1