JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

Wow, that looks awesome Gavin!  Its really neat seeing how spread out our members are across the globe.

• Like 2
Pauljag900

Hi gents,

just a thought,Gavino200 is going to monitor and record the world tour route as it travels the globe,however,I d also like to record and monitor its journey in video form on youtube.If anyone is happy to do this could you just shoot a short video,10-20seconds and email it to me at,

pauljag900@yahoo.co.uk

soon as I receive the first video I ll upload it with a brief description of what it’s about and then add further videos on as I receive them.

just a thought and no problem if members do nt wish to take part,

regards,

paul

Pauljag900

And so the journey begins!😀👍

the world tour car is on its way from cetno4 to kiha66 .

i have started the video blog on YouTube with a short video from jeff and a brief introduction.Anyone wishing to contribute their videos to this blog can take a short video,max 25 - 30seconds can email it to me and I ll upload it to the blog.

pauljag900@yahoo.co.uk

Details of the package and route to follow shortly.👍👍😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • cteno4 changed the title to JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Ok we are off now!

Ive started a new thread for following the travels of the JNS forum car around the world!

we will keep this older thread for further background discussion.

Please let Paul know if you are interested in being on the travel list. We are trying to keep the car in country as long as possible to keep shipping costs and times low for folks. There are decal sets included for each participant to have to make their own pair of containers if they wish. We would love folks to take pictures of the car on their layout and/or the car in some local location of RR significance or special to the locality. Folks can also take a video of the car and paul can post it to the youtube channel. There are also quarter sheets of paper that folks can add a name, date, location and message to pass on with the car.

Enjoy!

jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These are blank white aoshima containers. Unfortunately not in stock right now. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10139332

sad tomix discontinued their cheap blank 12 count boxes.

you can always just get the cheap JRF containers and soak them in isopropanol to remove the paint and decals (ultrasonic bath helps loads). The paint white. I had to do this to make kato branded JRM containers for mr kato...

jeff

• Like 1

5FE06436-9F9C-4854-8DFD-80FC2F5A3215.thumb.png.39af92fbc7b05ba0b15d3536edb1006d.png

Hi gents,

ok,the tour car is finally underway.

Above is the list of participants that we have so far,can anyone who wants to be on it but who s name is nt on the list please message me so I can create an up to date list,also,and only for the purpose of recording it s journey,can you let me know what city and country you are in please? Thanks.

i see no reason to deviate from Gavins original plan of it touring America,then Europe and then Asia/Pacific and finally back to America so it has circled the globe so to speak(plus Jeff will probably want his car back😂😂👍) The only issue I can foresee at this time is the cost of sending/ recieving from another country. My geography is terrible so my suggestion is for people in that particular country to just sort out its best route between themselves before it travels on to a diferent country.This may need volunteers in each country for organising this and also for posting overseas,as this will cost more than posting internally.Any issues regarding cost can be discussed as a few of us have said we ll help out with postage if anyone has a problem regarding cost.

I m quite prepared to recieve the car for the uk,organise it’s journey and then post on to Asia/Pacific and will cover any custom and postal charges.

There s only me from the uk on the list but I speak to a few via email who are not as active as some and hope I can talk them into joining in as it will only cost them a few pounds for internal postage.

with regards to the car itself,it will arrive in a box with some spare transfers and slips of paper.Having discussed things with other forum members the general idea is as follows,

1. photograph the car on your layout or any place of interest and post on the forum thread set up by Jeff.

2. A short 20-30 seconds video emailed to me and I ll upload it to the YouTube playlist I have set up.

3. Use the slips of paper to add any comments.

4. A postage stamp from your country stuck to the box the car travels in.

5. Feel free to take two sets of stickers for yourselves to replicate the tour car and as your own keep sake of having taken part.

of course you do nt have to do any of the above except to photo it for the forum.

i m in no doubt I may have missed something here so please feel free to say.

many thanks,

Paul

• Like 1

Great! Thank you Paul and Jeff for spearheading this project! I am sure it would be really fun to see it run all around the world!  🙂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JR 500系 said:

Great! Thank you Paul and Jeff for spearheading this project! I am sure it would be really fun to see it run all around the world!  🙂

Thanks sammy,but we can t do it without you guys taking part.👍😀

Also a big thank you to Gavino200 for stepping in and organising things while I recovered from my operation 👍👍😀

• Like 1

That’s a good point of where the car will finally come to rest. Maybe we can do a forum fund raiser raffle for it or if we get a project part goin it could be a prize. I was happy donating the car and container for paul’s Project!

Cheers,

Jeff

22 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

That’s a good point of where the car will finally come to rest. Maybe we can do a forum fund raiser raffle for it or if we get a project part goin it could be a prize. I was happy donating the car and container for paul’s Project!

Cheers,

Jeff

Only joking buddy👍👍😀

fund raiser raffle is a great idea jeff.👍😀

Davo Dentetsu

Any additional stops allowed?  If Perth Australia is added, that can at least visit me and mattdwnunder, who I would presume not object to taking part.

Hi buddy,

no problem, as I ve said in an earlier post if you can just pm me or email me at pauljag900@yahoo.co.uk

with your names,user names ,city and country I can update the list.This info is purely for recording its journey,

many thanks,

paul

Paul asked me if the car should make a stop in Switzerland. I would like too, but because of the temporary nature of my layout, it may arrived in the off season, and I don't want it to sit arround for months before I have a layout in operation again.

So I have do decline respectfully.

Maybe next time, when some other Swiss members want to join.

• Like 1

Ok, you all got some valid reasons.

I shall join the effort. I think I have some ideas for alternate stages for the waggon.

• Haha 1

Received my tomix double container car. I just need to give it a coat of white paint and it'll be my copy of the tour car.

Where is the wagon now anyway?

270A6vF.jpg

Edited by gavino200
54 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Where is the wagon now anyway?

Looks good gavin!  Jeff forgot to put the decals in with the package so he's sending them to me and then I'll be sending everything to Junior.

• Like 2