JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

jeff,

Were you able to locate some clear decal paper?

I can check the two shops here in pgh and then mail out to you.

Brian

Yep i got it and got a new set printed and coated. I juat need to do a few tests and get the new containers done then and off!

last week got taken out for me due to an elderly friend falling yet again last week. spent sunday night in the er with her then hospital most of the week and then transfered to rehab friday… blew most of the week for me plus two bathroom sink drains went kaput. just fixed one today and the other will have to wait until after cherry blossom festival as i need to pull the vanity all apart and also probably replace the faucet while im at it. then to boot an offer came in on my parents old house right when i was getting ready to list it! so now lawyers and contract negotiations... At least the taxes are done and off to the accountant!

I hope to get it off to the west coast later this week and started on the tour! 

I have gobs of white decal paper here if anyone wants some!

cheers

jeff

4 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Yep i got it and got a new set printed and coated. I juat need to do a few tests and get the new containers done then and off!

last week got taken out for me due to an elderly friend falling yet again last week. spent sunday night in the er with her then hospital most of the week and then transfered to rehab friday… blew most of the week for me plus two bathroom sink drains went kaput. just fixed one today and the other will have to wait until after cherry blossom festival as i need to pull the vanity all apart and also probably replace the faucet while im at it. then to boot an offer came in on my parents old house right when i was getting ready to list it! so now lawyers and contract negotiations... At least the taxes are done and off to the accountant!

I hope to get it off to the west coast later this week and started on the tour! 

I have gobs of white decal paper here if anyone wants some!

cheers

jeff

Yes, to the decal paper!! Planning on making lots of contemporary Japanese billboards at some stage. 

Maybe I missed it. Is there a map or list with the "Great Journey" marked out on it? 

No map now, but as it goes paul is going to start keeping one physically and take picts of it and post or ill just do a graphic to do it on the thread.

looks like it will go to the west coast first as a few there easy to pass around and then i guess thru any others in us that have signed up then probably over to europe then over to japan and the pacific. paul is organizing the mailing chain. we are trying to keep it w/in cheaper mailing areas as much as possible before it goes international every hop...

jeff

5 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

No map now, but as it goes paul is going to start keeping one physically and take picts of it and post or ill just do a graphic to do it on the thread.

looks like it will go to the west coast first as a few there easy to pass around and then i guess thru any others in us that have signed up then probably over to europe then over to japan and the pacific. paul is organizing the mailing chain. we are trying to keep it w/in cheaper mailing areas as much as possible before it goes international every hop...

jeff

Is it too late  to get on the list?  I don't know why I didn't see this topic before today.  This sounds like fun.   I am also happy to donate towards eventually costs or to help subsidize shipping for someone who might not be able to participate otherwise.  

Chad

Chad,

thats great! PM paul and coordinate with him on getting on the route! maybe you can do the pop over the pond then if it finishes the first us tour with you.

Im guessing it should be like $4-5 to ship w/in most coutries and like $10 to do big hops. its a small box and pretty light.

Thanks

jeff

Hi gents,

Appologies for late reply but been out of it for a few days.

Great work jeff,looking forward to seeing it.

jeff is spot on,I ve bought a 3x2 world map poster and will map its journey as it travels the world.I ll mark the route and list who had it and where and will post an update every couple of weeks or so.

The only issue is that I can t upload the photo of it as the file is too big so if anybody wants to see it can you please send your email to mine and I ll create a group and gladly email regular pics,no prroblem,my email

[Mod: removed email address because of privacy/spam reasons]

5aba86a137e10_worldmap.thumb.jpg.1dd89e285bfa9435864847b78f86429c.jpg

I m also more than willing to cover the cost of a long distance postage cost.So I m happy to be the last European to receive it and send it on to where ever next.

Edited by Densha
Added world map image.
8 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Hi gents,

Appologies for late reply but been out of it for a few days.

Great work jeff,looking forward to seeing it.

jeff is spot on,I ve bought a 3x2 world map poster and will map its journey as it travels the world.I ll mark the route and list who had it and where and will post an update every couple of weeks or so.

The only issue is that I can t upload the photo of it as the file is too big so if anybody wants to see it can you please send your email to mine and I ll create a group and gladly email regular pics,no prroblem,my email

[Mod: removed email address because of privacy/spam reasons]

I m also more than willing to cover the cost of a long distance postage cost.So I m happy to be the last European to receive it and send it on to where ever next.

How about a Google "mymaps" that we could all join?

Edited by Densha

Yep that would work and then a screen grab could be posted to the group here periodically with a link to the map if folks want to click on the landing spots to get more info (folks could say what info they are happy to have up there.) we had a member map wayyyy back like this. Does anyone want to volunteer to help set this up and run it? I’m just getting the car and box going and then Paul is coordinating all the shipping jumps for the trip

jeff

1 minute ago, cteno4 said:

Yep that would work and then a screen grab could be posted to the group here periodically with a link to the map if folks want to click on the landing spots to get more info (folks could say what info they are happy to have up there.) we had a member map wayyyy back like this. Does anyone want to volunteer to help set this up and run it? I’m just getting the car and box going and then Paul is coordinating all the shipping jumps for the trip

jeff

Sure. I'll just need a list of names and cities in order. And also email addresses so I can invite everyone to the map.

13 hours ago, chadbag said:

I am also happy to donate towards eventually costs or to help subsidize shipping for someone who might not be able to participate otherwise.  

Chad

Literally, EVERYONE here can afford to participate. Have you even seen the "Look what I just ordered, or received in the mail" thread! LOL

• Haha 1

I guess we could make the map public for viewing and just let folks provide what info they wish to be seen (ie only userid or name, etc or just blank.) the forum is totally public to view. I think it’s nice to be totally public as one part of this is to show how international our hobby is and great fellowship it generates, so great to use that to encourage others.

paul can provide you with the jumps as they start to form up.

we should get the member map going again as well.

jeff

Paul,

I removed your email address from your post because putting it up out in the open like this makes you very vulnerable for spam and other issues.

If the image size if too big, you can try to resize it through an image editing application like Paint.NET, GIMP, etc. Otherwise shoot me a PM so I can get the image up for you.

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that gavino200 has kindly offered to take over the route/posting planning of the package for the imminent JNS world tour car.

CAN ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO TAKE PART PLEASE LET GAVIN KNOW ASAP

i ve forwarded all the info to him that I have here.I m still doing the world map poster and will update on here as and when.

I m very sorry gents but I recently underwent surgery and there were slight complications so not 100% at the moment so do nt feel I can concentrate 100% with a few hard weeks ahead.

Hey,no sympathy required here, assuming I was going to get any that is!ha ha “Shit happens”as they say, I m still here and doing good,just letting you all know what’s going on that’s all,

cheers everyone,

paul

34 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that gavino200 has kindly offered to take over the route/posting planning of the package for the imminent JNS world tour car.

CAN ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO TAKE PART PLEASE LET GAVIN KNOW ASAP

i ve forwarded all the info to him that I have here.I m still doing the world map poster and will update on here as and when.

I m very sorry gents but I recently underwent surgery and there were slight complications so not 100% at the moment so do nt feel I can concentrate 100% with a few hard weeks ahead.

Hey,no sympathy required here, assuming I was going to get any that is!ha ha “Shit happens”as they say, I m still here and doing good,just letting you all know what’s going on that’s all,

cheers everyone,

paul

Maybe Gavino200 can list just the handles of those who are already on the list he got so that he does not get swamped with repeats?

Or maybe start a thread for people to reply to if they want to be on.  Just their handle and country should be enough for the reply?

12 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Maybe Gavino200 can list just the handles of those who are already on the list he got so that he does not get swamped with repeats?

Or maybe start a thread for people to reply to if they want to be on.  Just their handle and country should be enough for the reply?

Absoloutely buddy, I m just trying to make sure he knows who s on it.

not sure he s bothered about being swamped so long as he knows,it s as much to do with creating the map for all to participate as the actual posting etc.

i did nt have that much to send him to be honest.

Edited by Pauljag900

Man this is a great idea- sorry I don't have a layout ready for this yet. (maybe next year!)

I'd love to have a custom 12' JNS container if someone started making them however!

1 minute ago, defor said:

Man this is a great idea- sorry I don't have a layout ready for this yet. (maybe next year!)

I'd love to have a custom 12' JNS container if someone started making them however!

You don't need a layout.  Just take a train you have (didn't you just get some freight?) and pose it with it.

I don't have a layout beyond some unitrack on the kitchen table at the moment myself.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, defor said:

Heh well I'm down if someone wants to check me in!

Hi defor,

just send your details to gavino200.

i m not 100% sure but I think all he will need are you user name and place/country.

i know he s busy now but sure he ll pick this up later then he ll let you know what he needs.

2 hours ago, chadbag said:

You don't need a layout.  Just take a train you have (didn't you just get some freight?) and pose it with it.

I don't have a layout beyond some unitrack on the kitchen table at the moment myself.

That’s all you need buddy.

when the box arrives there will be some extra decals for you to take a couple for your own use and stick on to one of your own cars.

Yes, as explained above, I'm going to help Pauljag out with the Tour while he recovers. It's really no biggy Paul. 

Here's the list of handles that I have of people who are interested. I'll search through this thread to look for others. Let me know if any of you know of someone interested who isn't on the list. 

Yavianice

Pauljag900

Cteno4

Serotta1972

Khia66

Ist

Mry1210

Railsquid

Gavino100

JR500

ianlaw

Defor

Chadbag

Densha

I need to know what City each of these people is in. I know about four or five. The rest are a mystery. Then I can plot a journey and post/share (maybe both) a map.

I'll also eventually need everyone's address, but that's not so urgent.

The plan will be to make journey plan. The plan will be flexible. If anyone wants to joint the tour after it's started, I'll fit them in if possible and notify the relevent people of the change. 

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions at any stage I'd love to hear them. I think this will be fun. 

• Thanks 1

Just added a few names. I'm making an assumption based on them having posted in this thread. I sent PMs, and will remove them if it turns out they're not interested.

Yavianice

Pauljag900

Cteno4

Serotta1972

Khia66

Ist

Mry1210

Railsquid

Gavino100

JR500

ianlaw

Defor

Chadbag

Densha

Katoftw

KVP

Suica

Each time there's a change I'm just going to post an edited list. So the most recent list posted is the only legitimate list. All previous lists should be ignored.

I feel there are likely a lot more people who would be interested in the tour but may not know about it.

sounds really fun!

here's my add-on to the list... probably the only one here ...

Yavianice

Pauljag900

Cteno4

Serotta1972

Khia66

Ist

Mry1210

Railsquid

Gavino100

JR500 - Singapore

ianlaw

Defor

Chadbag

Densha

Katoftw

KVP

Suica

Just a suggestion, if we can add custom decal, especially something iconic, onto the car instead? That would be really fun, but the space of decal allowed needs to be considered... 

Suica is off the list due to concerns about German customs. I wonder if this can be avoided with specific "not for children" labelling? Or perhaps we could retool and use a European made wagon with the CE hallmark on it. 

If anyone doesn't want their city posted, just tell me what the most specific regional location is that you're comfortable posting. Unless it's actually posted on your JNS avatar, I won't include location information until given permission.

Yavianice - location unknown

Katoftw - location unknown

ianlaw - location unknown

Ist - Budapest, Hungary

KVP - Hungary - city unknown

Pauljag900 - Chester, England

Densha - Netherlands

Cteno4 - Wash DC, USA

Serotta1972 - San Francisco, USA

Khia66 - California, USA

Mry1210 - Pittsburgh, USA

Gavino100 - Omaha, USA

Defor - Baltimore, USA

Chadbag - Utah - no city known, USA

JR500 - Singapore

Railsquid - Tokyo, Japan

It would be good if we had more of the globe represented. I know there's a few folks here from Down Under. There's Murican living in Shenzhen too, who I've chatted with. Anyone know any people from South America, Africa, or the Middle East? Russia? It would be fun to criss-cross the planet a bit more.

Edited by gavino200
  • Thanks 1