JNS Forum World Tour 2018 - Discussion

Pauljag900

It looks like I can send the package to Japan for under $20 via usps, and hopefully someone can send it Sal over to Europe afterwards.  Maybe even have modeltrainplus or Loco1 send it with a members order.

• Like 1

Hi Sammy,

yes it would be a shame if it did nt make it.Ive made it quite clear that there will be costs involved,if anyone has an issue with posting  out there

because of the cost then I for one would be willing to contribute to it,and I m sure others would also,after all we all use PayPal so it would nt be dificult to do.

What a shame if it failed because of postage costs? I m sure the members on here would not let that happen buddy.

I ll put you on the list mate👍😀😀

Wouldn't it be the coolest thing if the JNR World Tour Car eventually ends up on a display case at the Kato Hobby Center along with a picture display of all the people and places it was with and gone.  I think we have a couple of folks who have an in with Mr. Kato.  Let's make the end destination the Kato Hobby Center.  And for 2019 it would be to Tomix World.  

• Like 2

yes always have to think about that! I had to strip some Kato JRF containers and repaint them to make JRM contaiers for a gift to Mr Kato. would not have been in good form to use the tomix bulk pain containers we used for the big run of them!

jef

Small change in plans, I have not been able to dig up the box with my loose 2 axle wagons (last out playing with the grand nephew at thanksgiving and got put away someplace odd I expect). So we decided to move to using a KOMU car and put the decals on a couple of 18/19 series containers. the C series that comes with the car has a ribbed side that the decals won’t look as good going across this. Also if folks want to make their own containers with the extra decals it’s mostly 18 and 19 series available as blanks.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10071124

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

The world atlas poster arrived today,it’s 3x2ft and I ll use it to map its route around the world.

when complete I ll post it on here for anyone who wants to print it off👍👍😀

6291D566-ABF3-48FE-A438-C83B45B30528.jpeg

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 2

Decals are ready to clear coat on tues as Temp will be in the 70s! I have to spray organics in the garage, they stink up the house wayyy too much, especially in the winter. 

Hopefully get them clearcoated and then applied and clearcoated as well tues. Then off to California for the first tour aroun those chaps.

cheers

jeff

• Like 3
2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Decals are ready to clear coat on tues as Temp will be in the 70s! I have to spray organics in the garage, they stink up the house wayyy too much, especially in the winter. 

Hopefully get them clearcoated and then applied and clearcoated as well tues. Then off to California for the first tour aroun those chaps.

cheers

jeff

Did you mention that you had some spare JNS decals? Also, what make/model is the wagon? We've decided to mark this momentous occasion by making a replica to keep on the layout.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Did you mention that you had some spare JNS decals? Also, what make/model is the wagon? We've decided to mark this momentous occasion by making a replica to keep on the layout.

Hi gavino,

i m not sure what type the wagon is to be honest but I m sure Jeff will tell us once he sees this.

yes there will be extra sets  of decals for every body to take a set each to replicate the original or to just put on one of their own cars, there ll be a brief,simple instruction sheet in the box for us all to see what’s what,not wishing to insult anybody s intelligence but just s we all know what we re doing.👍😀

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Hi gavino,

i m not sure what type the wagon is to be honest but I m sure Jeff will tell us once he sees this.

yes there will be extra sets  of decals for every body to take a set each to replicate the original or to just put on one of their own cars, there ll be a brief,simple instruction sheet in the box for us all to see what’s what,not wishing to insult anybody s intelligence but just s we all know what we re doing.👍😀

I'm never insulted by simple instructions.

Gavin,

im including a bunch of extra water slide decals in the box so each stop can take a pair of the decals to make their own 19D containers! The art is over 2 containers with it on both sides of the container so the two have the full art on both sides. Folks can take a set to make their own set if they wish. 

Figured 12’ containers were the most universal and folks can run the small 2 axle car or on their own kokis for pictures and future own use.

cheers,

jeff

• Like 2

Well I blew it. Couldn’t find my testors decal paper and used some decal I had from a project with larger decals and the fil was pretty thick. I was hoping dulcoat would help hide it as I didn’t have any Microsol to experiment with (doesn’t always like the inkjet decal with the overspray.)

i grabbed a can of rustolium dulcoat and after a couple of light coats it krinkled some of the decal. Odd as I used it as the overcoat. My bad I should have tested it as I’ve necer used it like this before, just was at hand. 

So ill head out and get some testers decal paper and some krylon or testers dull coat. I’ll see if they have any microsol to make it perfect. 

Sorry have not done small decals for a few years here since our last run of JRM containers. 

So short delay here. This time I’ll do it right and not rush!

jeff

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

do nt appologies mate,these things happen. And there s no rush anyway,anytime over the next two days will be fine,haha,😂😂😂👍👍

it ll be done when it’s done mate end of ,👍👍😀😀

Well I collected new supplies for this, including more testors clear decal paper my supply is lost in the office somewhere!). it’s the best really being very thin and really disappears with just some microset (I have yet to try Microsol on it). I took a half hour detour on a trip up to seem my mom to pick some up (hard to find locally unfortunately) yesterday. Opened the sealed pack up just now and what do I find inside? White decal paper in a clear decal paper box. Going to call testors to see if they will quickly replace it as it’s not the stores goof and I’m not heading all the way out there for a return like this. 

Feeling like the project is cursed! Painting up new containers today so they will be ready whe I do get the proper decal paper in.

amazing how something simple can spin out of whack! But will get it back in place.

jeff

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Well I collected new supplies for this, including more testors clear decal paper my supply is lost in the office somewhere!). it’s the best really being very thin and really disappears with just some microset (I have yet to try Microsol on it). I took a half hour detour on a trip up to seem my mom to pick some up (hard to find locally unfortunately) yesterday. Opened the sealed pack up just now and what do I find inside? White decal paper in a clear decal paper box. Going to call testors to see if they will quickly replace it as it’s not the stores goof and I’m not heading all the way out there for a return like this. 

Feeling like the project is cursed! Painting up new containers today so they will be ready whe I do get the proper decal paper in.

amazing how something simple can spin out of whack! But will get it back in place.

jeff

No panic here jeff,as I said,it ll be ready when it’s ready.Do nt think anyone is that bothered about when it starts to be honest mate.Like you said last week,it s going around the world and is going to be  photographed a lot so it needs to be right .

paul

Good news testors is going to refund me the money directly (don’t have to go way out of town to we’re i got it), bad news is they don’t keep any on hand to exchange... 

but i I went ahead and ordered some micromark decal paper.I’ve used this in the past and it’s the same stuff, testors just cuts in half and gives you 6 half sheers, micromark gives you 5 whole sheets for 2/3rds the cost of testors, go figure... hopefully hear this week. Worst case I can try some places up in pa next weekend when I visit my mom.

jeff

• Like 1

im thinking this is cursed. just got the inkjet decal paper from micromark and guess what, they sent white, not clear! ill call them in the am. its really quite funny as they must have the same supplier as testors for the paper, its the same stuff, just different packaging and micromark sells it in full sheets and testors in half sheets.

i will now have gobs of white decal paper if someone needs some!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On the plus side we may be able to finance the whole trip off Jeff's new white decal business he will surely start if the deliveries continue.  :grin

yeah and with the micromark order also came the check from testors to refund for the purchase! seriously if anyone wants some white inkjet paper in the i can easily send a few quarter sheets in the mail... free, its what its cost me so far...

cheers

jeff

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

im thinking this is cursed. just got the inkjet decal paper from micromark and guess what, they sent white, not clear! ill call them in the am. its really quite funny as they must have the same supplier as testors for the paper, its the same stuff, just different packaging and micromark sells it in full sheets and testors in half sheets.

i will now have gobs of white decal paper if someone needs some!

cheers

jeff

Hi Jeff,

no worries Jeff,these things are sent to try us,you ll get it sorted eventually ha ha,

paul