Jump to content
gavino200

People’s Republic of China N Scale trains

Recommended Posts

JeTFiN

Does anyone know if this is the improved 10-301a or the old 10-301?  I would like to look at taobao, but it seems as an American I'm not allowed on the site.  Every time I attempt to register my account is immediately frozen.

 

https://cart.eztranscom.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=103&product_id=112&limit=100

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I rode on several CRH370A sets while I was in China a few years ago and it is exciting to learn that there are n scale models of it now!

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

The pics of box is 301

Share this post


Link to post
JeTFiN
On 11/4/2020 at 9:06 PM, katoftw said:

The pics of box is 301

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, this is true, but I assume if they are now selling 10-301a, they wouldn't update pictures or anything since the average consumer wouldn't be able to identify a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
On 11/4/2020 at 8:34 PM, JeTFiN said:

 I would like to look at taobao, but it seems as an American I'm not allowed on the site.  Every time I attempt to register my account is immediately frozen.

 

You can use Taobao from the US. I do. But I agree it's very complicated. Not user friendly at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
9 hours ago, JeTFiN said:

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, this is true, but I assume if they are now selling 10-301a, they wouldn't update pictures or anything since the average consumer wouldn't be able to identify a difference.

 

I wouldn't assume that. There are still a ton of the original release models on the market. Make sure you get the updated version.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
JeTFiN

Thank you, @gavino200 and @katoftw!  I wasn't sure if I should assume all models are the improved "A" version or not yet.  I guess the right option is to purchase the 3 car improved set from Hobby Search and the 8 car addon from eztranscom.

An additional question for someone who already owns a Kunter CRH380AL: Are there provisions for DCC control on this model?  I'm unable to find this information as it seems the manufacturer has no website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Yavianice
50 minutes ago, JeTFiN said:

An additional question for someone who already owns a Kunter CRH380AL: Are there provisions for DCC control on this model?  I'm unable to find this information as it seems the manufacturer has no website.

 

The CRH380 AL from Kunter is not DCC ready.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
JeTFiN
6 hours ago, Yavianice said:

 

The CRH380 AL from Kunter is not DCC ready.


Time to heat up the soldering iron... I'll post pictures later this month/next month when it arrives and I get it converted.  In the meantime, does anyone have a picture(s) of the inside of the motor cars?  I'd like to see if the DZ126PS (https://www.digitrax.com/products/mobile-decoders/dz126ps/) will fit (dimensions 

11.56mm x 9.37mm x 3.2mm).

EDIT:  I just realized that since the cab cars are separate from motor cars, four decoders would be required for the headlights and tail lights to function properly.  I suppose I probably shouldn't be spending $100+ on decoders, so I might instead opt for a DF11 and some passenger and freight cars.

Double edit:  Never mind, I'm just going to get the extra decoders.

Edited by JeTFiN

Share this post


Link to post
Nozomi329
On 11/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, gavino200 said:

 

You can use Taobao from the US. I do. But I agree it's very complicated. Not user friendly at all. 

There are several buying and transfer agents that have English services. You might be able to save some shipping fees as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Kiha66

While I don't have this particular model I'm sure the DN or DZ wired decoders should fit inside the shell.  I'd recommend not getting the PS style tho, as that indicates it has 8 pin plugs on the end which you'll have to cut off, so might as well save a few dollars and get the wire only version.  I buy DZ123 bulk packs to have on hand for installations like this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
18 minutes ago, Nozomi329 said:

There are several buying and transfer agents that have English services. You might be able to save some shipping fees as well.

 

Thanks. I use one of those for Germany where the postal cost is ridiculous to the US. For Taobao they'd cut into the cost savings. I have Chinese friends who help me when I get stuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
JeTFiN
48 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

While I don't have this particular model I'm sure the DN or DZ wired decoders should fit inside the shell.  I'd recommend not getting the PS style tho, as that indicates it has 8 pin plugs on the end which you'll have to cut off, so might as well save a few dollars and get the wire only version.  I buy DZ123 bulk packs to have on hand for installations like this.

Thank you for the tip on the DZ123.  I somehow missed that model - the price drop ($22 down to $15) makes it inexpensive enough that I should go ahead and keep the CRH380AL orders live. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
JeTFiN

The packages arrived earlier than expected, just 4 days total to ship.  I started a thread on how to convert to DCC operation.  So far I've only converted the power cars and I will convert the cab cars later to be able to control the headlights and tail lights.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...