People’s Republic of China N Scale trains

gavino200

Charming will release the 8K on Thursday 30th, as Friday is China's national day.

Pictures of the model and more background informations about the prototype are available here: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/F-uGyQaJQyfyAHwXOB-yNQ

A video of the model has also been posted: https://tb-video.bdstatic.com/tieba-smallvideo-transcode-cae/40_6afc8828d618341c5bac39cb8322e02f_0_cae.mp4?vt=0&pt=3&ver=&cr=3&cd=3&sid=&ft=2&tbau=2021-09-24_b40a53d9952d40695f3f34e8f3e43267ae70a6222965f8b08a4cfdf38cc8e335

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 2

And they have released new pictures, which shows three different models: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ABh-hYJPKV8F6npDwnDtaA.

The article also mentions that they have taken into account customers' comments about the previous release and have improved the inserts, and have replaced plastic handrails with metallic ones.

Release is set at Wednesday, at 8pm Beijing time, instead of Thursday as initially planned.

Received my Kunter CRH2A yesterday. Turns out I got the non-limited edition model, but that's ok with me.

Good:

• Just like the Hexie (which I also have, please Kunter make the 3rd set 0.o), this is a great model with a lot of detail. For example, the markings on the car ends are also included, something which you do not see often with japanese models.
  • In an awesome move (in my opinion at least), they included a reprint of the official train pamphlet. The pamphlet includes all the do's and don'ts on trains, like where the emergency exits are etc. I LOVE this. For some of the trains I rode, such as the EVA and GENBI, I collected these to include with my trains. Definitely something the japanese brands can also include from the get-go.
  • All the antenna's are already in their appropriate positions. No need to add any attachments yourself.

Bad:

• The Pantographs are terrible build quality and feel very flimsy. It also doesn't completely fold 'flat'. Japanese pantographs have much better build quality and mechanisms. 
  • Still not convinced about the couplers too much. Just like the KATO ICE 4 couplers, they feel like they will fall apart over time. At least they have springs in them this time.

Still need to do some running. But, first I will install some interior lights.

image0.JPG.9aa5b0f670dedd097ddcb5fb1d5bf493.JPG

Nice, KATO like packaging.

1972094549_image0(1).thumb.JPG.7592fa4893602e0ed087bf353ebce668.JPG

All together in one box. The foam is appropriately cut so the antennas won't be destroyed.

1960352203_image0(2).thumb.JPG.f6662e60c6016ee10f8041e96ddfa499.JPG

Included Pamphlet

1079895321_image0(3).JPG.6fb069980f891e39c5bcef7c6165d47f.JPG

Inside of the train pamphlet

IMG_0033.thumb.jpg.fd8c47fbe7902c679e472ca9503e1971.jpg

Terrible pantographs. This is as low as it will go.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Yavianice said:

which I also have, please Kunter make the 3rd set

Which one do you mean, they never produced the 10-301b?

Edited by disturbman
8 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Turns out I got the non-limited edition model

10-303 is not a limited edition anyway, it's a special production or "特別企画品". And 10-303's car numbers are 9 through 16, so it's actually more a large addon set to 10-302. On the other hand Kunter announced today that they will be making an actual limited CRH2A of a new road number, product #10-304L.

8 hours ago, Yavianice said:

I collected these to include with my trains.

In China these pamphlets are not to be removed from the train (as you can see from on the replicate as well...) but nevertheless I believe I have two original copies at home😜 one of them is from the CRH2E sleeping car. And recently CR is using a large magazine sized book and includes all different trains in it...making them more difficult to obtain.

2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

not according to my knowledge, no.

Also in today's Kunter announcement they mentioned that 10-301b is on their list, along with the dining cars and soft sleeping cars for the 25 series.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Nozomi329 said:

In China these pamphlets are not to be removed from the train (as you can see from on the replicate as well...) but nevertheless I believe I have two original copies at home😜 one of them is from the CRH2E sleeping car. And recently CR is using a large magazine sized book and includes all different trains in it...making them more difficult to obtain.

True, in Japan is a similar rule.

However from the two trains that I have them, the EVA and the GENBI, those are the pamphlets that you can just pick up from the counter/are given to you in multiple languages, as long as you ride the train yourself.

• Like 1
Alberto_Renfe

Today I have received the 6k and the HXD3 Charming locomotives in N scale, very soon they will run in my layout. I am building a small diorama of Yiwu Container freight railway station

• Like 1

Be careful when taking them out of their boxes, I have taken to turn the box around and gently tap it to have the locomotive and the foam slowly slip out. They had made their first packaging slightly too tight.

• Like 1

Making a nice collection, do you also have some freight cars for the container yard?

Edited by disturbman

I thought perhaps you had bought some Minitown flatbeds or some gondolas (Minitown and/or Charming) to go along with them. I have seen a lot of pictures where containers are loaded onto gondolas, and locomotives hauling mix container consists with flatbeds and gondolas.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2021 at 3:49 AM, disturbman said:

I thought perhaps you had bought some Minitown flatbeds or some gondolas (Minitown and/or Charming) to go along with them. I have seen a lot of pictures where containers are loaded onto gondolas, and locomotives hauling mix container consists with flatbeds and gondolas.

Yep, gondolas are the "general" freight cars in China: coal, wood, containers...

Speaking of containers, Charming just announced that their N scale containers will come soon.

• Like 1

I saw. It’s great news. I kind of wish they had released them alongside the gondolas, it would have help cut down shipping costs.