People’s Republic of China N Scale trains

gavino200

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I haven't seen anything about it. Actually, I didn't know there was ever any talk of a second add-on. Thanks. 

yes, the B set (that fits in with the 3 part start set) was officially announced way back when the hexie was new. 

the train is 16 cars long in reality.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, gavino200 said:

I haven't seen anything about it. Actually, I didn't know there was ever any talk of a second add-on. Thanks. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:14 AM, Yavianice said:

yes, the B set (that fits in with the 3 part start set) was officially announced way back when the hexie was new. 

the train is 16 cars long in reality.

"The B addon is on the schedule. However, due to the pandemic, the new CRH2 series will be offered first. Efforts will be made to fill the incomplete series."--Official account's reply to user comments under the announcement of CRH2 series

Apparently nowadays anything can be blamed on the pandemic.

Kunter has tons of "satellites" flying in the sky, few of them has actually landed. It is recommended not to pay that much attention/hope until the photo of the actual product is available.

Which also brings in what I'm trying to introduce here: Kunter has announced the CRH2 series here.

rough translate:

"2 buying options: 3-car basic (ZE head/end + ZE with pantagragh, powered) + 5-car addon (includes 1xZY and 1xZEC) or 8 car full set."

ZE-second class coach; ZY-first class coach; ZEC-second class coach/diner

"specification: motor with flywheel, adjustable head/tail lights, optional interior lights, close couplers, MU accessories included"

"expected in 2021."

Some (potentially) fun facts about CRH2:

The CRH2 is a real close relative to Shinkansen E2-1000. In fact, the first (3?) sets of CRH2 are directly imported from Japan, with the rest built by CSR Sifang (which is also building the new Chicago E'trains). These 8-car trainsets closely resemble their Japanese originals from the exterior with some slight difference. They had a top speed of 250km/h, but when first put into service, they could only run at 160 or 200km/h in most locations before there were dedicated highspeed lines. A dining car is included, since they were intended to travel for much longer time than they do in Japan. I was once onboard a 10-12 hour CRH2A service from Beijing to Shanghai during the Shanghai Expo in 2010.

According to the consist sketches provided by Kunter, they should be making the earlier CRH2A with dedicated driver's door. The recent productions removed this door, and there were cases where trains were delayed due to drivers unable to get in before passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really intrigued by one of the DF-Diesels and some YZ22 coaches, but that'll have to wait for when I finished my Japanese train wishlist 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/26/2021 at 3:37 AM, roadstar_na6 said:

I'm really intrigued by one of the DF-Diesels and some YZ22 coaches, but that'll have to wait for when I finished my Japanese train wishlist 😄

I have both the DF4 B and D, and 7 YZ22 coaches.  They're pretty nice, but the DF4 need to have the couplers replaced with body mount microtrains.  I wish there was a steam locomotive avaliable, sadly there's not much other than high speed trains seeming to be released in the past few years.

• Like 2
serotta1972
On 2/26/2021 at 2:31 AM, Yavianice said:

The CRH-2 (based on 200 Shinkansen) from Kunter appeared on Hobbysearch

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10763647 8 car limited edition

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10763643 3 car base set
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10763646 5 car expansion

Still debating whether to get this train as I almost had an E2 Set custom painted in CRH livery a couple of years ago.  This is a bargain compared to the cost of having something custom painted. Hmmmm. 

• Like 1

Minitown announced their n scale DCC & Sound DF11 here: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ILIeZ7tbtsXGNmg3Y-lM0w

The road numbers are the same as the last production. DCC features (about) 17 functions, including engine sound, light control, horn, station announcements, and more.

The first batch was already available and sold out within 1 hour in China. Future batch is said to be available in this month.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Still debating whether to get this train as I almost had an E2 Set custom painted in CRH livery a couple of years ago.  This is a bargain compared to the cost of having something custom painted. Hmmmm. 

I would get it except that I've been randomly expanding my collection in lots of directions lately and need to reel it in. But as I post this I notice that I still feel tempted.....

• Like 1

Minitown’s trains are really great. It’s just so hard to get them outside of China. I’m still looking forward to the release of their coaches, which look like being their most detailed models yet. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Minitown’s trains are really great. It’s just so hard to get them outside of China. I’m still looking forward to the release of their coaches, which look like being their most detailed models yet. 

Have you tried Ali Express? Anything available in China can usually be bought there.

roadstar_na6
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Have you tried Ali Express?

I haven't found any N scale rolling stock there except for some overpriced gondolas.

16 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

I haven't found any N scale rolling stock there except for some overpriced gondolas.

Really? I've found at least the full Kunter range. Also at a mix of prices from great to good to not so good. The interface is a pain though. It's a bit difficult to use, and when I have a problem I often need help from a Chinese speaking friend. 

2 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Just when I was considering selling my Chinese stuff, and then I hear about this...  Guess I'll be holding onto it for a while yet!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Hm maybe none of that stuff ships to Germany. Care to share a link to a seller?

Weird. I just searched "kunter" and "n scale". Nothing. Not a thing. Even "hexie" shows only toys. I even looked through my past orders and the Hexie purchase isn't listed. Super strange. 

• Confused 1

I've noticed that with Chinese trains.  Sometimes they're in stock and easy to find, and often they're impossible to find and the hobby stores seem to just disappear.

1 minute ago, Kiha66 said:

I've noticed that with Chinese trains.  Sometimes they're in stock and easy to find, and often they're impossible to find and the hobby stores seem to just disappear.

Interesting. But zero on sale at Ali-express is very strange. Have you seen that before? And then a return?

Beware with Aliexpress as if there is a problem you either may have to pay return shipping to get a refund or accept their very minimal partial refund. I wanted a refund and they never supplied and information for the return shipping. You can’t talk with a person, it’s all handled thru a very limited website sort of exchange with no recourse. I had a $20 item that never showed up and contacted a few days after the end of the shipping estimate only to be told it was too late to request a refund.

I’ve backed off using them for anything expensive, just cheap little bits (which they have been excellent at). 

jeff

1 minute ago, cteno4 said:

You can’t talk with a person, it’s all handled thru a very limited website sort of exchange with no recourse.

Not from Wai Guo. When I have trouble, I have a Chinese friend call them from Hong Kong or the Mainland. It's a totally different experience for them. Excellent customer service apparently. 

• Confused 1

That’s handy! Thru aliexpress website it’s one of the most closed cs systems I’ve ever seen! I was surprised as the rest of the site is super functional. That sort of ends once your order is placed... I had ordered a lot of small stuff with them since they opened but only in the last couple of years did I do a few higher priced thing and all of a sudden I got bad luck!

jeff

• Like 1
serotta1972

I've not bought trains through Aliexpress but have bought a lot of RC stuff from there and have had no issues, you just have to wait.  I actually received some items that I didn't like and asked to return them and the return address was in San Mateo, CA.  I could've delivered them to the address personally.  I think it depends on the seller not necessarily Aliexpress.  I've had numerous transactions with EZtranscom and prices are reasonable and was recommended to me by Railtunes. 

• Like 1

I kept asking for the return info and aliexpress never supplied any, they finally just made and offer for a 20% refund and said take it or leave it. I kept asking every couple of days as there was no reply for like 2 weeks. shipping even in the us for the building would have been a $40 box at least unfortunately and they would never say if I would pay for postage. The Aliexpress seller sent a $100 large plastic building wrapped with one layer of bubble wrap inside a plastic bag! Of course damaged quite a bit in shipping. Like ebay I think the quality of the aliexpress sellers can be vary greatly, but unlike ebay, aliexpress seems to take the sellers side rather than the buyer’s.

Same happened with the disappeared item, just too late (2 days after the stated shipping windows) and no way to go past that. I even extended the have you received it once as Aliexpress required that to continue support as item had not arrived yet.

Really was bad customer support and no other ways to contact other than their website dispute system. I’ve had perfect record for dozens of under $5 items over a number of years, but $20 and $100 items were a bust.

jeff

• Sad 1

I've never had an issue with Ali Express sellers offering full refunds the moment I open my mouth about something.   Like they have the fear of God in them that you'll complain about them.   I've not ordered $100 plastic buildings or anything though I did order a bunch of N scale trees and various electronics and small tools bits and pieces.

And a ton of ICs etc for the various JNSF lighting board etc.

I did order some desk shelves for my daughter that disappeared somewhere en route.  I eventually contacted them to try and sort out the tracking and they immediately started to offer a refund.  I finally took them up on it but really only wanted to clarify some tracking info.  Never did show up and they refunded fully.

If I were to have a problem I'd just contact my CC company and let them sort it out.

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1