On 8/7/2018 at 8:16 AM, kvp said:

(some parts are missing on some models, i don't rembember if those were added without cad drawn plans or not) Since i could not upload *.LXF files, i renamed them to .txt. Just rename them back after downloading.

jnr_kumoya-20130712-5.txt

jnr_moha12-20141118-4_colors2.txt

jrn_de10-20130808-1.txt

yamanote-e231-20120629-7.txt

I know this is a dumb question but how do I change the files back to .LXF files? When I download the files they appear without .txt in the name - just in the file type. I tried adding .lxf to the name but the Lego program still doesn't see them.

KMIodCZ.png

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I know this is a dumb question but how do I change the files back to .LXF files? When I download the files they appear without .txt in the name - just in the file type. I tried adding .lxf to the name but the Lego program still doesn't see them.

You have to change the file type by changing the extension. For that, you have to enable showing the full filename with the extension (remove the checkmark from hide extension of known filetypes). Then just delete the txt part from the end of the filename and add lxf instead. If done right, the file type and icon will change too.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Waisneed said:

My nieces are coming gor a visit. And I had to prepare something small for play 😉

Fun! Is that straight tracks I see there that are angled off to create that gradual curve? It looks great!

Das Steinkopf
5 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Fun! Is that straight tracks I see there that are angled off to create that gradual curve? It looks great!

There is a technique used by a number of people in the LEGO train community called straight curves where you create a curve by joining straight sections of track at a very slight angle, I was never keen on the idea as I have 9v track and it would create more resistance by having a smaller conductive joint, I also don't like how the trains perform as they are continually bouncing around from hitting the sharp joints.

Actually, I'm using flex pieces between straight track.

IMG_20181006_125152.thumb.jpg.3483f65320ed63b6889da388d5740c4f.jpg

Also have a picture of the mainstation, including waiting, but oversized passanger 😉

IMG_20181006_144431.thumb.jpg.482a96e4db127856284db748215a5bff.jpg

• Like 1
On 10/6/2018 at 10:48 PM, Waisneed said:

My nieces are coming gor a visit. And I had to prepare something small for play 😉

Hello,

Yeah, right!  Good one ... you just want to play Lego, right?

Been tempted to buy a set, almost got the Disney train with a station the other day at the Disney Store but had some self control. 

• Haha 2