H0 1:80 Kiha110 from Kato

marknewton

I’m taking a wait and see attitude on these, I want to see preproduction photos before I commit.  At this price point I would expect separately applied detail parts...

These are definitely on my want list, they are just what I was looking for, a small 1 to 4 car DMU for HO scale, but with so many N scale Japanese trains coming out this year that I want and few HO scale Canadian trains that I already have pre ordered it is a tough decision on what to sacrifice. :(

Perhaps they will be like the Kiha28/58 series models, and have moulded grabirons/handrails, or maybe they'll be like the recent Kumoha12 models which have no grabirons or freestanding details. Instead there's a separate detail pack available for them.

cheers,

Mark.

Has anyone seen more information about these, or pilot model photos?  I’m hesitant to preorder until I see what the detail looks like.  They are too expensive for me to justify heavy use of molded on details.

• Densha changed the title to H0 1:80 Kiha110 from Kato

They look decent for the price point, I ordered the 2 car set but had to sacrifice getting the Hikari Rail Star :(

I’m very disappointed in what I saw, the molded on grabirons are totally inappropriate at that price. I may order them anyways but I’m not thrilled about them. It’s a shame, because otherwise they look great.