Instagram anyone?

Welshbloke

I know, I know, it's all pictures of food and passive aggressive hashtagging about exercise regimes. But get past that, type the right stuff into the search box and it turns out to have a surprising amount of Japanese train content. You can follow specific hashtags and see all photos tagged with them. Only hard bit on a mobile device is getting the Japanese characters to type in.

• Haha 1

You usually can download a Japanese keyboard for your phone from the stores aswell... but copy paste should normaly work aswell.

On 28/12/2017 at 6:14 AM, Welshbloke said:

I know, I know, it's all pictures of food and passive aggressive hashtagging about exercise regimes.

Brilliant turn of phrase!  :notworthy:

Cheers,

Mark.

Here is mine. I don't post on that regularly, but if I do, it's mostly Japan/Trains/Hiking related. I'm intending to post a bit more model trains on it once I finished my layout someday.

• Like 3
HankyuDentetsu
On 12/28/2017 at 10:58 AM, Davo Dentetsu said:

I find quite a lot out there, yeah.  Plus the model trains have a few adventures on my account too.  😉

My dude! I didn't realise - for some reason - that you were the guy who runs the Japanese Trains FB page! I'm a subscriber and enjoy the content you post popping up in my newsfeed every day. Keep it up man, you're a legend!

gavino200

Finally worked out how to use instagram. They really don't make it easy to add anything but the most recent photos. I guess that's why it's Inst-gram.

• Like 1

Well that was a pleasing mass-follow! I'll look forward to sharing and seeing all your trains/other pics.

• Haha 1

I broke down and added an account so I could join a painting competition hosted by a local gaming store.  Ugh, was that a super headache trying to navigate and upload older photos and sort out adding descriptions and tags.  I don't envision using this for anything else.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2017 at 8:14 PM, Welshbloke said:

I know, I know, it's all pictures of food and passive aggressive hashtagging about exercise regimes. But get past that, type the right stuff into the search box and it turns out to have a surprising amount of Japanese train content. You can follow specific hashtags and see all photos tagged with them. Only hard bit on a mobile device is getting the Japanese characters to type in.

Hi! I'm following #Katomodels and #Tomix. From this easy starting point you can find more and more tags and users to have a lot of envy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, Sr.Horn said:

Hi! I'm following #Katomodels and #Tomix. From this easy starting point you can find more and more tags and users to have a lot of envy.

Oh yes, the envy...!

I've been sharing ropey synth videos for far too long now and so have whittled away my comparison shame! Therefore I've decided just to add photos of my very definite beginner's work in progress as they go!

My favourite tags: #nscale #ngauge #BTrainShorty

I seem to be one of the only recent posters of the latter hashtag. Would be great to see some more!

Edited by 5lyp3t3
Added content
Yavaris Forge
16 hours ago, 5lyp3t3 said:

I seem to be one of the only recent posters of the latter hashtag

Probably because japanese people tend to use #bトレ more often.

I'm following some japanese tags, for example: #nゲージ, #貨物列車 and #国鉄.

• Thanks 1

Good to see some train related instagram accounts!

My Instagram is jreaste231 if anyone is interested. Mostly posts about my layout under construction but I also occasionally post about random other things too.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, gavino200 said:

That's quite a collection. Now I understand the moratorium!!! 

Thanks.  I have a few things not yet posted as my set-up to do the photographs is currently not available (nice table and background).

I'll answer your ICE3 questions either there or personally!

• Like 2
On 5/4/2021 at 12:06 PM, Yavaris Forge said:

Probably because japanese people tend to use #bトレ more often.

I'm following some japanese tags, for example: #nゲージ, #貨物列車 and #国鉄.

Thank you! Of course they would - rather foolish of me to expect otherwise! 🤦

• Like 1