Japanese Mascots are Too Damn Big!!!

toc36

Toc,

you have not seen the JRM mascot and the newest members have to wear it at the sakura Matsuri next week. Guess what you are doing!

jeff

I have the feeling that getting stuck in doors is a merit of the cuteness factor that makes a character popular.

• Like 2

I hate to break this news to y'all, but most of us here in Japan dress as giant mascots on a daily basis (it's a cultural thing, you know). The ones that don't are those freaky people doing cosplay and stuff. The hordes of people wearing suits crammed into trains are just an act for tourists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
22 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Toc,

you have not seen the JRM mascot and the newest members have to wear it at the sakura Matsuri next week. Guess what you are doing!

jeff

Jeff,

I'll wear it especially if it makes me taller and good looking!!!

Toc

Edited by toc36
spelling

And roudy as well at times! When mascots go bad...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/world/asia/japan-mascot-chiitan-otter.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

Chiitan, an unauthorized mascot for the city of Susaki, raised eyebrows with its non-child-friendly stunts, like swinging a weed whacker and tipping over a car.

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Certainly bad. especially the one with the stealing of the bat from a locker and hiding it and walking away... 

Aint Mascots supposed to make children happy and portray a fun and positive vibe, and being a role model for kids? this certainly aint, we don't want our kids to be swinging a weed cutter around or flipping over 'K' vehicles or worse stealing from lockers and act as though nothing happened... 

You put on the costume and become evil! Bit understandable as some folks loose inhibitions given a bit of anonymity. Taking on a whole costume could give it a whole persona! 

In times gone by the uc berkeley and Stanford university (bitter rivals) mascots have gone at each other at football games. Once oscie the bear (cal) clicked the stanford redwood tree mascot and he went down like a felled tree!

jeff