MyAtomic.com

Mudkip Orange

Mudkip Orange

Anyone ordered anything from these guys?

Their website search/navigation is horrid, but they seem to undercut all the other US train stores's prices on Unitrack (i.e. the double crossover is $51.09 with free shipping, versus ~55 plus shipping on most other e-train sites).

Ive never had any dealings with myatomic although www.modeltrainstuff.com has the Kato double crossover for $49.99 + s&h. I guess you come out about even either way you go.

Interesting that Kleins (modeltrainstuff.com) is now beating the price of all the normal discount unitrak dealers! kleins is also a distributor for unitrak and they were always just a tad above all the cheap places. Kleins is an excellent shop. big and an old time model train store. still has a big retail shop outside baltimore.

cheers

jeff

Its funnie I placed an order with Atomic and they were speedy and had great communications. MB Klein is still on my crap list. I called MB Klein 2 weeks ago asking for someone to call me back so I could place a order, well Im still waiting for that phone call.

I've dealt with both (MyAtomic via their ebay store, ModelTrainStuff via website).

ModelTrainStuff seems to have the better price in the end, and overall easier access to a wide inventory. Shipping/contact wise I don't see an advantage between the two, as both deliver through the US postal system which seems to take forever even with express shipping (I regularly get packages from HobbySearch [14 hour flight from Tokyo] faster then I can get something from ModelTrainStuff [9 hour drive from Maryland], even with both shipped via respective countries express mail service).

The only downside with ModelTrainStuff, which I have not had enough dealings with MyAtomic to compare, is that ModelTrainStuff can take a long time to actually ship the item. I get the feeling there are one or two days of the week that they get mail pickup or carry it down themselves - ordering before Monday doesn't seem to help get it to me faster when it doesn't get shipped for several days anyway.

Assuming you're used to slow shipping and can wait an extra few days I'd probably order from ModelTrainStuff just because of the price and easy access (MyAtomic does have some out of production stuff that only lasted a day on ModelTrainStuff before being sold out - being less popular has its advantages in that regard).

ive had good dealings with Modeltrainstuff.com (mb kliens) both at the store front and mail order and everything went on the mail order pretty much the same as all other us model train mail order. usually here w/in a week (shipping is fast for me as they are about 70 miles away). they even brought one item i ordered to one of the train shows last minute for me (a throttle) as we wanted to use it for the jrm layout at that show.

cheers

jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

Not yet used MyAtomic, but I have used M B Klein earlier in the year to get a Keihin Tohoku E233. Got to me (in the UK) within a couple of weeks; which wasn't bad. The price was okay, but not helped by the exchange rate; what can I say....I was desperate  :grin. I was a little disappointed that most of the pantographs had come adrift as well as a couple of couplings. Obviously been bounced about a bit on the journey over!

Mudkip Orange

I placed an other with these guys late, late Monday (i.e. almost Tuesday) and according to USPS it's been sitting at my box since 8:00am this morning. I'll have to shoot over there later tonight.

I am confused.  Are you guys talking about myatomic.com or modeltrainstuff?

Does myatomic.com leave the receipt inside the package and not stating the value of the package outside for Overseas buyers?

I am confused.  Are you guys talking about myatomic.com or modeltrainstuff?

Does myatomic.com leave the receipt inside the package and not stating the value of the package outside for Overseas buyers?

I've had modeltrainstuff make a $100 mistake on a declaration because of sloppy paperwork.  After about 6 weeks I recovered the difference from CCRA.

Mudkip Orange

I have no idea about overseas buyers, but for me the receipt is definitely in the box.

LOTS of packing peanuts. All track got here safe and sound.

Just had a peek and it looks an amazing website and it caters very well in American Locomotives and Rolling Stock but sadly no Japanese units :sad:. But for Kato Unitrack, I will consider using this site to buy track sections and accessories if I cannot source them elsewhere (and maybe buy that odd Dash 9 too) :grin.

who is behind that website, its pretty much unintelligible. if they are trying to make a case against paypal doing it like this is not in their best interest.

cheers

jeff