Problem with Early Kato Portram Tram

gerryo

Some time ago I remember some of you talking about the Kato Portram dragging on the track and some kind of fix for that.  Does anyone remember where I could find that fix?  I have an old one that has that problem.

Gerry

I might as well use this local to announce that I have ordered a Kato V50 Unitram additional set and plan to build a tram and bus layout in my bedroom.  When I first got interested in Japan style layouts I acquired a V50 set and at least 2, maybe 3, V51 sets to try to do weird and wonderful things with them.  So now I have dug them out, along with 3 tables, which need to be modified to Unitram sizes.  I have the space along 2 walls for 30 inch wide tables so will get a smaller bed and have at it.  When the new set comes it should take about a week to set everything up and get an idea of what it's going to look like.

I have not mentioned anything about the busses that will also be on here.  There will be a bus loop at the left end, a double track along the front of the layout, and the right end table will be countryside and mountain as well as a bus loop all around.  Have to have a bus depot somewhere?

I have started a plan so maybe I should move over there for the planning stage?????

Gerry