Knuckle coupler to replace Tomix JC04?

Welshbloke

Having done a bit of research it seems my old Tomix 2110 EF30 would look right with the JNR brown coaches from my C57. However, it has Rapidos and due to their hinged mounting I can see no easy way to convert to match the coaches (which have Kato knuckles). Any ideas? The Tomix part number for the original couplers is JC04.

• Like 1

Hello,

no answer but another question !

I want to change the Rapidos of my Tomix DF200-100 to MT knuckle couplers. It´s possible ? What kind of MT`s ?

Thanks Falcon

Das Steinkopf
On 23 January 2018 at 7:24 PM, Falcon said:

Hello,

no answer but another question !

I want to change the Rapidos of my Tomix DF200-100 to MT knuckle couplers. It´s possible ? What kind of MT`s ?

Thanks Falcon

Fitting MT10's to a Tomix locomotive would be quite tricky, the problem is that the Tomix TN's are fitted with a turret assembly that fits into the cow catcher/lower apron assemby, to fit MT10's in you would have to fabricate an adapter mounting to accommodate them. I have thought about the possibility of getting a 3D printed assembly made but I think I will wait a bit longer for the technology to mature, in particular the materials used as you want something that is durable to withstand the stresses of being knocked and having tension applied to it. For me at the moment I have decided to use TN's on my Tomix stock and Kato Close Couplers on my Kato stock, I have enough rolling stock of both brands to keep their respective locomotives gainfully employed, I don't have any Kato diesels but given I have every Koki diagram bar the Koki 105's made by Tomix I am quite happy to keep my diesels an all Tomix fleet.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Thanks  Das Steinkopf,

I change the Rapidos from the Tomix DF200-100 to Tomix JC52 !

But now a new Problem  : I want to chance the Rapidos from Tomix 9170 EF510-500 to Tomix knuckle couplers ??? What kind # ???

Thanks Falcon

Should say on the box or instruction sheet.

Or look in the description of the model on hoppy search. An the extra assessories listings normally have a coupler listed.

@ katoftwk,

thanks. I asked some hobby shops, but the most answered : "Tomix / Kato new locos included in the box the knuckle-coupler",  but without # !!

Where can I get an instruction sheet ?

I can buy a EF510-500, Kato or Tomix, both only with rapidos !

Thanks.......Falcon

4 hours ago, Falcon said:

@ katoftwk,

thanks. I asked some hobby shops, but the most answered : "Tomix / Kato new locos included in the box the knuckle-coupler",  but without # !!

Where can I get an instruction sheet ?

I can buy a EF510-500, Kato or Tomix, both only with rapidos !

Thanks.......Falcon

The instruction sheet in normally in the jewel case under the foam for Kato models.  Not sure for Tomix but would assume the same.

And as I said, you can search Hobby search, I used the terms "KATO EF510" and the couplers are half way down...

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=104&cat=&state=&sold=0&sortid=0&searchkey=kato+ef510

And one Tomix EF510 listing with the assessories (including coupler) listed...

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10258507

The google translation on hobby search are never 100% correct.  So I'd confirm the info or read an instruction sheet for better confirmation.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf
12 hours ago, katoftw said:

The instruction sheet in normally in the jewel case under the foam for Kato models.  Not sure for Tomix but would assume the same.

Correct, Tomix models always have the instructions packed under the foam in the jewel case. 

• Like 1