Kato couplers ??

domino

Hey

the kato couplers on my 700  is not so good, i might be worn down, after running just a few sec it disconnects and always the same car, if the car with the" bad"coupler is pulling then it always disconnects, but if the "bad" car pushes there is no problem , so i figured that the coupler is defect or worn down.

So does anybody know the spare part number on this coupler and where is can but it.

thanks in advance

Brian

domino

post-164-13569923127174_thumb.jpg

alpineaustralia

The part no. is Z04-2566

Chances are that the coupler itself is OK but that one or both of the pins that it hooks onto have broken and so there is nothing that holds the coupler in its place. When another carriage pulls on it, it comes out but is pushed in place when another carriage pushes it.

Check to see in there are two pins in the place where the coupler normally sits.

The part no. is Z04-2566

Chances are that the coupler itself is OK but that one or both of the pins that it hooks onto have broken and so there is nothing that holds the coupler in its place. When another carriage pulls on it, it comes out but is pushed in place when another carriage pushes it.

Check to see in there are two pins in the place where the coupler normally sits.

Everything look fine, i dont understand why it uncouples, i have checked all couplers on this set and they all look ok.

I have searched for the Z04-2566 online , but could not find a shop having them, do you know any shop where the are for sale ??

Regards

Brian

How many do you need?

I asume that it is only one car that is making me crazy,so i only need one, but i still dont get it, they all look ok even the one on the car that keeps uncoupling , go figure ??

Regards

Brian

domino

The facts are pointing to a issue that's not favorable. The part number Z04-2566 is not in stock anywhere. That means that a lot of people have purchased the replacement

piece or it is not available. This is not a good indication either.

The problem is that you are not sure how it happened which means it can potentially happen again.

According to the part definition it is a input device.

So there are 4 points of failure. The test points should be Car1 (rear connector - A), Connector (B1), Connector (B2), Car2 (front connector -C). The connections should translate to B1 is installed into A and B2 is installed into C. Then B1 connects to B2.

The question is where does the disconnect occur. Between A - B1, B1 - B2, or B2 - C?

To identify the source of the disconnect you have to bring a know good car labeled D with known good connectors. If you install D in between B1 and B2 the faulty area will be identified.

You have to find the broken piece and understand what happen so you can prevent it from happening again.

Good luck,

Inobu

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show%3F11090818055974&ei=XbKcSq_-IoOoswOrw-2YDg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkato%2B11090818055974%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Never dealt with them before but this is the only stock hit on this item.

CaptOblivious

Odd, the Kato website that Inobu posted a link to lists them as in stock! So surely, apart from Alpine's generosity, they are available generally…how odd.

Alpine, as always, you are a boon for this community :D

Brian,

You gotta identify and isolate the problem. These trains have very tight specs and you don't want one piece chewing up another again (If thats the case) .

Inobu

If you are sure that this is the probelm, I would be prepared to send one in the mail to you

Sorry for late response.

Appreciate it(alpineaustralia), but i just ordered a set(6 pieces) from tokyo Rail , just in case i would happen again.

I actually dident find the problem, but it can only(in my mind) be the coupler because it is always the same car,but for the life of me i can`t see anything wrong with the coupler,but it will all become clear when i replace it.

Thanks all

Brian

domino

Swap the couplers.

With the train line up as you run them.

1. Disconnect the car with the suspected bad coupler

2. Disconnect one of your known good cars.

3. Swap the couplers. 

4. Reconnect the car in the same order you run them.

If the problem is the coupler then the disconnect should move and occur at a new location.

If the problem remains in the same location then the trouble is with the car not the coupler.

Inobu

Hey again

Sorry for late response.

I have now installed the new coupler, and every thing is fine, i still dont know what is wrong with the old coupler,maybe it is one of these things that one should not think more about ??

Thanks all

Brian

domino