Sayonara Panorama Train

Sunday was the 6th and final "Thank You Panorama car" excursion.  Three thousand people applied for the 230 seats.

There are photos on this blog showing the final day head marker.

http://74.125.95.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/tale_photorain/29181300.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjC0uU4vRRftQLnRBHfeNYkJP65ow

Translated Asahi.com news story:

Meitetsu Panorama Car 7000 series, 30 runs last look at the date of final

August 29, 2009 16:01

Known as a symbol of Nagoya Railroad train "Panorama Car 7000 series" on the 30th, to the last operation. Even after he retired from regular service to the end of last year, and has 20 fans demand more than a temporary travel times, and finally last look. Likely to hand the camera to say goodbye to many fans.

Final is 0:41 pm on 30 stations in Nagoya Line Toyoaki minutes (Aichi) leave.  2:00 pm back at the station in town Ina Kozakai o'clock in Aichi Prefecture, to arrive at the station's 2:26 Prefecture, Okazaki City Honzyuku minutes. 230 tickets to people is that there were three thousand applicants.

"I car panoramic"

NAGOYA civil design engineer for a photo book published this year, Mr. Naoyuki Koike (48) is almost the same age 61 years and the birth of panorama car. The red car, enjoy the view from the top of Japan's first "car front view", the melody of the unique "Horn Music," such as a playful train was longing feel.

Well into later years, the panorama car and continued his career as a local train.  Such a figure, "but my body stopped working, the panorama is not my luck," and feel like the fellow feeling of age.

Panorama car chase in earnest, came to each season and take a picture of the landscape, but about 10 years ago. Approximately six thousand copies.  The reclamation and redevelopment, and now the streets are housed unseen. 12 end of the regular service last month, but my mind was with a break, "見送Rou the last race," and went to shoot it convenient for work.  Location for the 30 days walking along, I will release the shutter with feeling of gratitude.

According to the Meitetsu Panorama Car will be scrapped after the operation, in place of the Okazaki Meitetsu舞木inspection was restored at the time of his birth has been preserved both 2.  (Yamayoshi Kentarou)

Sigh, I though they were ugly, and yet, I was always strangely fascinated by these train sets. (I know, I'm complicated)

I'm amazed by how common it is actually is to have height differences between the doors and the platform. I encountered this in Kyoto and Miyazaki quite a bit.