Hello from Schweinfurt, Germany

Matthias

Hello everyone,

I'm Matthias, 33 years old from Schweinfurt, Germany.

I've been interested in the railroad for as long as I can remember, which probably comes from the fact that I'm from a railway family and I'm also a train driver at Deutsche Bahn.

About 5 years ago I started to get interested in the Japanese railway. So I registered among others in the German forum "IG-Nippon". Four years ago, my first Japanese vehicle followed, a complete 10-piece Kato E5 Shinkansen, standing in the showcase at my local model train dealership. My main interest is the Santetsu. So here is also a small plant that plays in the prefecture of Iwate, but will always have outliers to one or the other manga / anime, since I found on Meitantei Conan in the first place to the Japanese railway, or otherwise, the two hobbies railway and manga have crossed.

If you have any questions for me, just ask.

Best regards Matthias

• Like 4

Welcome Mathis! 

Glad you found us. Folks from ignippon have been on this forum as well. Great you found them, they do great meetups there in Germany. You will find many here with cross interests in Japanese prototype, modeling, anime and manga here as well. Hope you  find interesting info and conversations here!

one of our club members here spent 2.5 years in iwate and set up a sister club relationship with the model railroad club in iwate and ours. a number of santetsu employees are in their club. Another of our members just visited them a few weeks ago and he is a big santetsu fan.

cheers

jeff

Gruss an Matthias!

DB trains, especially those from the mid 80s-mid 90s, when I was lived there a few times, is my second interest (and not one yet invested in).  Greetings!  Sounds like fun to drive the real ones during the day, and the model ones at night.

The Santetsu system looks interesting.  In all our travels in Japan, we have not travelled much north of Tokyo.  Our next trip we plan on doing a lot of travel in the north of Japan and I will have to check out Santestu railway.

Gruss aus Utah