Tomix Kiha181 re-release

marknewton

Kato is also rereleaseing their kiha 181, is the Tomix version better?  I currently am leaning towards the Kato version because of dcc compatibility. 

I love the Kiha181 but thankfully for my wallet Tomix isn't doing the Hamakaze in the renewed paint scheme.

4 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Kato is also rereleaseing their kiha 181, is the Tomix version better?  I currently am leaning towards the Kato version because of dcc compatibility. 

Kato hasn't done a Kiha181 in HO scale, but I prefer the Kato one over the Tomix in N scale. :)

• Like 1

I totally missed that this was an HO release!  I was thinking the price seemed a bit high...  These HO models are beautiful, but a little out of my price range at the moment. 

The old (like really old) Tomix 1/150 models aren't really worth it, but Tomix will actually bring out a new model of the JR Shikoku KiHa 181 in 1/150 scale this January as well. I think it won't be long until they will release a new version in the JNR livery too. It might be interesting to compare the new Tomix model to the Kato one.

Edited by Densha