My temporary unfinished layout

rbauma03

I wanted to share my current Nscale setup.

1013172353.thumb.jpg.bdbdcffb4a553115379667c718fc6f91.jpg

1013172355.thumb.jpg.630f55c73ee90b9bfb44f7e0dde94703.jpg

It is a layout I started building with my father 20 years ago when I first started in N-Scale. I started university shortly after and didn't have time to continue the layout. I did still continue running trains but with Kato track setup on the dinning room table. Back then I also didn't have the building skills I have now. I decided to get it out of my parents house recently, set it up on some saw horses and run some temporary wiring to it. My daughter enjoys sitting with me and running trains on it. It is designed for DC with block wiring.

Unfortunately at this point I don't think I will continue building it past what it is. This was started before I discovered Japanese trains. I've learned quite a bit about railroads since it was built and I wish I would have put a 3-4 track station in front. I could potentially see adding an under-frame so that I could widen the layout a bit and add the station there.

Sitting on the layout is my collection of EF64s, EF65s, an EF510 and an EH500.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The table is 38.5 inches x 74.5 inches. It was made to that size so that it would fit in drawer that went underneath my bed. My father built the bed.

I intended to have trains climbing into the mountains with that loop. Unfortunately the loop is 9 3/4 inch radius with a 4% climb. Though the Kato and Tomix locomotives handle it well.

Close up of my locomotive collection in the yard.

1014170809.thumb.jpg.cc1ee1ddadee33daedbad666dadc04e3.jpg

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf
7 hours ago, rbauma03 said:

Close up of my locomotive collection in the yard.

1014170809.thumb.jpg.cc1ee1ddadee33daedbad666dadc04e3.jpg

Looks like I am not the only one that has a soft spot for EF64’s.

I have some EF65's and I may at some point branch out and get some EF63's but I definitely have a soft spot for the EF64's. I just ordered my first EF64-0.