Most recent post vs. first?

Is there a way to automatically go to the most recent post in a topic? 

I thought I had that set up, but lately I've been getting the top of the first page when I select a topic. 

I don't see anything in Settings to control this.

You can change "sorting" to newest first, but that only works if there are unread posts for some reason.  You can also click on the clock icon on the far right, although it is a little inconvenient. 

Kiha - I have sorting set to newest first in my list of topics, but that no longer applies within a topic - which is what is frustrating me.

Where are you seeing this clock icon - it's not on my screen?

To go to the most recent post in a topic list just click on the date link usually below the last poster's userid. On the on the unread or all content lists click on the x minutes/hours/days ago link in the bottom left of each entry.

Clicking on the title on the topic lists will take you to the first post in the topic.

you can create your own stream in the new activity streams menu  and in there choose the take me to the first unread item option under the clicking unread items. This will then make a stream that the titles of the topic in the strea mist will take you the most recent post, not the first post. After you have named and saved this stream you can open it up and select the check icon just to the right of the stream title and it will make that the default stream showing in the upper right of all your screens.

jeff

• Like 1

Thanks, Jeff.

I have my own stream, but chose not to set it for the first unread option as sometimes I want to go back thru the previous messages.

I think I tried it initially, but decided I didn't like it.

I hadn't associated Kiha's "clock icon on the far right" with the "Posted" time - which I see on the left just above the post text.

4 minutes ago, velotrain said:

I hadn't associated Kiha's "clock icon on the far right" with the "Posted" time - which I see on the left just above the post text.

Interesting, for me the clock symbol and post time appear on the far right of the screen.

Clock.PNG.a7211a340b25fdd40514955801da81ba.PNG

And I don't even see the clock, which is why I was confused . . . .

Addendum:  I see the clock on the list of recent posts, but my issue was with the sequencing within a topic.

clock.jpg

Edited by velotrain
Addendum