Hello from Detroit Michigan

rbauma03

Hello my name is Roland,

I am Swiss but I live outside of Detroit Michigan. My primary interest and the model train layout I am planning is HO scale SBB (Swiss Federal Railway). Though I am here because Japanese N-Scale will always have a special place in my heart.

Some of the Japanese trains that I enjoy the most:

EF64 Locomotives

D51 Steam Locomotives

KIHA40 DMUs

Welcome to the forum, Roland.  I'm sure your collection will grow the more you hang out in this forum. :)

There's a section where you can also share about your non-Japanese trains - worldwide models.  

Hey there Roland :)

Welcome to the forum! As you can see, I'm very new as well, but the people here are awesome!! Super helpful and knowledgeable, and it's so cool to see what other people have done.

I'm not too far away, I'm just over here in Lansing! If you ever need anything N-Scale I would recommend going to G&G Trains in Leslie, Michigan... It's about a half hour south of me, so it would be a bit of a drive for you, but they are N-Scale heaven in this area. 

Welcome Roland,

glad you found us. We may contribute to you getting into Japanese n scale though...

cheers

jeff

Welcome to the forum Roland!  Excellent taste in Japanese trains, I'd say the Kiha 40 series and D51 are some of the most iconic Japanese designs. 

Thank you for the warm welcomes. As far as getting into Japanese n scale I would say I am already there. My collection of Japanese locomotives numbers 14 and I am looking at getting some more. It started when long ago when the 100 Series Grand Hikari showed up in a local hobby shop. After a few bullet trains I started studying the more conventional Japanese trains and then the D51 and Kiha 40 got my attention.