I am profoundly moved...

NGT6 1315

here is the best i have seen and heard for a long time.

Johnny cash was dropped by his old record label columbia and a heavy metal producer, rick rubin, went to him and convinced him to let him get his career going. covering a lot of modern artist, cash won the grammy for best folk album in 1995. he went on to produce some of cash's best stuff. the song hurt just fits cash's life so well. great feeling in the song.

cheers

jeff

CaptOblivious

here is the best i have seen and heard for a long time.

Johnny cash was dropped by his old record label columbia and a heavy metal producer, rick rubin, went to him and convinced him to let him get his career going. covering a lot of modern artist, cash won the grammy for best folk album in 1995. he went on to produce some of cash's best stuff. the song hurt just fits cash's life so well. great feeling in the song.

cheers

jeff

I dunno. As a huge Cash fan, I think doing a cover album was a bad move. I have to admit a liking for his cover of "Rusty Cage", but I do think he could write better material than Trent Reznor…I think "Hurt" was a misguided attempt to appeal to a younger audience. Just my 2円 :D

I like cash's hurt much better than 9 inch nails'. seems to fit him so well sung in his method.

unfortunately there was no other option for cash, if rubin had not picked him up and brought him to the newer generations he would have ended up really going down there. traditional country is all big flash, not quality so no way he would get back in there. I actually like how it did end up making him approachable by the younger generations, sometimes takes the artist approaching a new audience like that to get them to listen. many friends with kids were shocked their kids were then downloading a lot of older cash tunes all of a sudden. also seemed like him changing steps some also livened him up some, before that he really looked like death warmed over, i though he was a gonner there before the rebirth happened. not sure if he was up to doing a huge amount of writing at that point in his life, would have been grand though! his stories are some of the best around!

i just hear a lot of the old cash voice and feeling with hurt, the stuff i use to pick up on when i was a kid as my dad is from texas and cash was alway being played! i was just happy someone cared enough to step up and help him some there at the end and show that he was an amazing talent and could really perform. if not i think he would have really sunk into obscurity there, i think it even woke up the old cash fans some even if they didnt like the new stuff, made them get back into the old stuff again.

just my 1.5 cents.

cheers

jeff

The newer (modern) songs of Johnny cash are very good. The musicvideo of Hurt is fantastic, so emotional...

Thomas D of "Die Fatastischen 4" has made some awesome songs. I will you show two of them: Liebesbrief (love letter) and Million Legionen (million legions). Sorry for german lyrics  

Two of my all-time-favs of emotional songs