Brooklyn Locomotive Works

cteno4

Just heard sad news over on the n scale yahoo list, Pete the owner is retiring and will be shutting it down. But fortunately his brother owns Hogztrains that does HO And O will be taking over some of the N and Z business from BLW.

BLW was one of the best go to sources for American engines and rolling  in N and Z. They were one of the first online train stores and always great service and pricing. In the early days they actually kept a nice little stock of Japanese trains! As the Internet grew and getting trains from Japan easier those got phased out though. I got a couple of japanese trains a long time tack from BLW.

cycle of business, folks retire and small businesses like this can be very hard to sell, but hopefully his brother expanding into N and Z will let some of the business live on.

cheers

jeff

• Sad 1

Yes, this is nostalgia. I've bought stuff from Pete Postel, like, "forever". When I was manufacturing the Interail double stack cars back in the 1980s, Pete was one of my best dealers. He will be missed, but I hope his brother will continue his legacy.

- Paul Ingraham