T-Trak - 'Engine House' Module

jasona2z

This is going to be my first attempt at a single module - Up until now I have only worked with doubles. Obviously part of the concept of T-Trak is to work with small modules rather than whole layouts that take up quite a lot of space. I’m not actually sure that I want to have single modules, so before I buy some from the guy who makes them for me, I decided to cut out some cardboard and put down two single tracks for the straight through, and tried to work out the best solution for the engine shed. 

IMG_7304.JPG.thumb.jpeg.ee183e9a8aa05d22d219345b9114340d.jpegIMG_7305.JPG.thumb.jpeg.d0bc2c9f1fac3ed7e4e45d79ba16f114.jpeg

You can see that the cardboard isn't super accurate, and makes it hard to line up with with other modules, but its just a mockup. 

I spent some time trying to work out the track arrangement, but came to the conclusion that the 2 engine shed tracks will line up with my rural module on the extra 2 tracks, which you can see the progress on in this thread: 

I'm planning on using the the kato ash pit track, which lines up with the base of the shed really well - it also has flat edges that should be easier to glue together. This is also the first time that I have used bumpers on a module, as this will be the end of the line for tracks 3&4.

IMG_7307.JPG.thumb.jpeg.045bb7a3d31c0022b66e3b00fc4b3b31.jpeg

I  assembled the engine shed after a long day at work, and don't believe that I took any photos of the shed as I put it back together.... However, I ordered from Banzai hobby, and they sent me 2, so there will be more photos to come of that shed and its components...

IMG_7308.JPG.thumb.jpeg.8f472ff4c2beaf2cfc25fe54cba1deb8.jpeg

IMG_7310.JPG.thumb.jpeg.dbceb3a360546a3e1c50b18d948e6900.jpegIMG_7309.JPG.thumb.jpeg.8cec7f30f84678280d5a04d4594d5a97.jpeg

Thats it for now...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tsubasa119 said:

Is the guy that makes your modules the guy that used  to run Modular Train Tables?  

Hey Allastair,

Yeah it is, Peter from Modular Train Tables. 

I think he was asking mainly because they've disappeared from the net. Which is a minor annoyance, as I didn't know they've closed up shop & was contemplating placing an order. 

• Like 1

Yeah that's why i asked as i too was looking to place an order but he's disappeared from the net.

Bit hard to do woodworking when I live in an apartment

Edited by tsubasa119
On 14/09/2017 at 7:56 PM, Rod.H said:

I think he was asking mainly because they've disappeared from the net. Which is a minor annoyance, as I didn't know they've closed up shop & was contemplating placing an order. 

On 15/09/2017 at 8:44 AM, tsubasa119 said:

Yeah that's why i asked as i too was looking to place an order but he's disappeared from the net.

Bit hard to do woodworking when I live in an apartment

Hey all,

Just finalised my order in an email with Peter, and asked what has happened to his website. He tells me that he had an issue with the web host. 

He is still making modules and is happy to receive orders via email, so feel free to email him @ - trainthings(at)yahoo.com

I have been really happy with his work, and fast postage with items arriving well before they should. 

Hope this helps,

• Like 1