Japanese Women: Greatest Threat To Japan's National Safety

Guest ___

Email from one of my Japanese gf's today proved her argument that her and her gender are more of a threat to public safety than all the chikans in the world. Got to love her sense of humor. In a nutshell, she was telling me that the train she rides, (JR West) that the motorman was trying to take her picture while she was riding to work recently, and the news got wind of when she filed the report. She said it is all over the news now, but this was the only like I could find. http://www.cartoonleap.com/2009/08/24/japanese-train-driver-took-girls-photos-at-120-kph/

He was punished for taking a photo! On the LIRR we go all out, the engineers let the passengers drive the train during rush hour.

JR has suspended operators for being 30 seconds late on their run.

Talk about your high pressure jobs!

One of the conductors on my train make an announcement as we were coming into Penn Station, "Due to circumstances beyond our control, this train will be arriving on time."

JR declares a train late if it arrives 1 minute later than the scheduled time. Amtrak does not declare a train late until it is more than 4 hours late.

I suspect the operator will be terminated pending the outcome of the investigation. Unlike the states, JR employees do not have the union protections we have.

One of the conductors on my train make an announcement as we were coming into Penn Station, "Due to circumstances beyond our control, this train will be arriving on time."

LOL!

John P Boogerd

As a large, powerful sexist male I can certainly identify with the admiration of some female passengers.  But it is most important to maintain safety and a lot can happen in seven or eight seconds.