Newest Kato kinematic type coupler

Shinchipboard

Shinchipboard

Hi,

I have a Kato 10-1178  24 class sleeping car blue train. Question is. How do I fit a coupler that my locomotive can hook up to? All the coaches have this tiny kinematic style buckeye that I can find no information about on the web and try as I might I can't seem to fit an Arnold or any other type of coupler.

I have recently returned to Japanese N and I didn't expect this. Even thinking of slapping an MT body mount in there as this is the way id like to go with auto uncoupling at terminus station.

:icon_puke_r:

Your set is actually an add on set, designed to add middle cars to the base set Kato 10-1177. 10-1177 is a basic set which has locomotive compatible couplers at both ends. Hope this helps!

Edited by Kiha66
Shinchipboard

Hi, yeah I figured that out but my layout does not do more than 7 coaches. I thought that there would be a clip in alternative coupler but there doesn't seem to be the requisite holes in the coach base.

Generally the end cars have a truck mounted coupler for the locomotive, you could unclip the current coupler from the underframe and replace the bogie with one of the ones Kato makes for that purpose on older sets. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=104&cat=rail&state=&sold=0&sortid=0&searchkey=Bogie&Make=Kato&spage=1&ItemSeries=Parts+(Bogie)

Even better, there appears to be an end car for this set for sale on buyee, that would require no modification. Just a little assembly.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/s532477804

Shinchipboard

HI,

The problem with a replacement truck is that it is the clip on type with suspension. I can't find those as spares with a coupler box?

post-9578-0-35924300-1503138551_thumb.jpg