Instruction sheet for Kato Super Azusa?

nah00

I can have a look later. Bear in mind there may have been several revisions of the model, so the instruction sheet may not be universally applicable.

Hopefully they all similar arrangements for the roof parts. If not I should be able to figure them out on my own or looking online. I'm pretty sure it's the first one (I can check the box when I get home). Another thing: does this train have a bit of a derailing problem? I solved most of but it still has issues sometimes. The tilting is nice but it needs more weight I think.

Yes, it is known for that, there are a couple of Youtube videos with suggestions for improvements like this one:

The one I have does tend to derail at one point where the (temporary) track (all Tomix Finetrack) isn't that well laid, but I don't see that as a critical problem.

Huh I'll have to take a look at the trucks on mine to see if that piece is on them. Biggest problem I had (and solved) was that on car 4 and 5 there's a tab on the truck with a little raised bit on it...which works fine on absolutely flat track but on anything less than that it raises the second wheel off of the track. Also getting it through a double crossover is iffy at best.

Can't complain though, the set looks great but is a not so great runner due to poor storage and some water damage (I'm hoping I can just clean up the motor and don't have to replace it, it runs *kind of* ok now).

Claude_Dreyfus

My set had a derailing issue with end bogie on the driving car. There is a little switch underneath, right by the coupling, which stiffens it. Flick that across and the bogie should move more freely.

My set had a derailing issue with end bogie on the driving car. There is a little switch underneath, right by the coupling, which stiffens it. Flick that across and the bogie should move more freely.

Yeah I found that these seem to have a mind of their own unless you FIRMLY lock them into place so the coupler can swivel freely. Good news is that I got the motor car apart and was able clean out the housing and now it runs like a champ. The tilting gimmick takes some getting used to because it looks like it's derailing...