Narrow Gauge Magazine on a CD

Kb4iuj

About a year or so ago I bought the CD that contains like 40 years of the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazzette. It was about $150 or so... But, if your looking for some layout building ideas or just bored of N gauge. This might be something you might get and have a ton of reading about other people's projects... When I got it after about a week I was pretty well burnt out on Narrow Gauge stuff. Hence, this is something to nibble at verse eating it all up in one long sitting. Hence, if your headed to The South Pole for a year. This might be something you might wanna take as there's bound to be some scrap 2x4 one can harvest.

I might add to buy the current 1 year subscription it cost $40 for six issue.

Although the Gazette has extremely high production values, I've recently let my subscription lapse.  As far as I can tell, they only publish American lines, both proto and model - perhaps with very few exceptions, and there seems to be a strong bias toward the well-known Colorado 3-foot lines.  It also seems a bit formal to me, in a manner similar to Roy C. Link's Narrow Gauge and Industrial Railway Modelling Review - out of the UK.  Both are very high quality publications, but they strike me as a bit "academic" for my tastes.  Although it's Euro-centric, I much prefer the funkier French publication, Voie Libre, which features small layouts and proto articles on the breadth of Continental narrow gauge, and is the only railway publication that I currently subscribe to.

P.S.  I imagine that even EMS takes an awfully long time to get to the South Pole . . . .

Although it's Euro-centric, I much prefer the funkier French publication, Voie Libre, which features small layouts and proto articles on the breadth of Continental narrow gauge, and is the only railway publication that I currently subscribe to.

Thanks for mentioning Voie Libre, what a great magazine! I too have now subscribed, and discovered that they also publish digitally in English through Zinio. I can now lie on the couch and get all sorts of quirky inspiration on my iPad, and older Voie Libre back issues on Zinio are only $1 each!