Densha De GO Plug&Play!!

Deansha De GO Plug and Play will be sold by Amazon on 10 of July 2017

Edit: It says on Amazon that it will be released Febuary 8th 2018

https://www.taito.co.jp/arc/news/2726

I was super excited at first but then I realised that it just contains a version of DDG Final which has been brought up to 720P and cut-down in terms of content.

At least it's a sign that DDG isn't dead yet and I got my hopes up for actual new stuff to come.

• Like 1

I am still super excited. :)

I think I will order one when it will be available. For me it is a good option that I do not need a PC or PS, just plug it to the TV and play when I have a few minutes (or hours...). It is a little bit pricey, but there is time until the release date, so I can spare some money.

Thanks for the info!

At least it's a sign that DDG isn't dead yet and I got my hopes up for actual new stuff to come.

please release for Switch please release for Switch please release for Switch please release for Switch please release for Switch

:)

• Like 3

please release for Switch please release for Switch please release for Switch please release for Switch please release for Switch

:)

PlayStation VR :glasses2:

• Like 1

Fun! Definitely getting this!

the kids and the big kid (me) will sure enjoy this!

besides, after getting bored with it, you can convert it to a DC controller for N gauge trains running ~  :)

• Like 1

besides, after getting bored with it, you can convert it to a DC controller for N gauge trains running ~  :)

Please elaborate.

I haven't physically done it myself (and most probably wont cause I have no idea how to do it...), but I've seen videos of it and they work:

You know that this video was made by JNS Forum member kvp and that controller on the video is mine, don't you? :)

• Like 2

You know that this video was made by JNS Forum member kvp and that controller on the video is mine, don't you? :)

OOPPSS!! I really didn't know that! That's a great job there! Hope you don't mind me sharing this!  :)

• Like 1

Neat!  Is there a write up somewhere on how it was done?

Not much, but i can write it here. This controller is a PC game port type, which means the two levers are actually the two analog axes of a PC joystick. The 3 buttons are directly mapped to the 2 joystick buttons. The small circuit you see on the video has a pic12f510 microcontroller that has 3 analog inputs and some digital i/o. There is a full H bridge motor driver circuit too (L293D) that controls the track power. The microcontroller reads all analog values (the two levers and the small setup potmeter on the board), integrates them over time (handling acceleration and braking) and generates a pulse width modulated directional signal for the H bridge. This is what many PWM controller circuits do and it's also Tomix CL compatible to some extent (it uses a lower pulse frequency).

The new plug and play unit is not a controller, but a complete video game system, like the single joystick Commodore64, but this is a single DDG controller PS emulator box with HDready output. I suspect it has a low cost ARM cpu, like a Raspberry PI Zero and the game runs from a flash memory chip. The controller is probably directly mapped to the i/o pins of the cpu. You just plug it in and it runs the game. (the micro usb is for 5V power and the hdmi is for video and audio output, like on the Raspberry PI Zero) From what is available, this seems to be a very simple and elegant solution.

• Like 3

I can't registered on ebten :( Only Japan. Do someone have solution?

Try Amazon! I have just got an e-mail from them that this item can be ordered from now, so I pre-ordered it (shipping will be in February, next year!).

• Like 1

Try Amazon! I have just got an e-mail from them that this item can be ordered from now, so I pre-ordered it (shipping will be in February, next year!).

Yeah, Amazon works fine. However +20k JPY total... nope. Not gonna pay that much for an old game. I wish they'd hurry up and bring their new Yamanote arcade game to PC.

Yeah, Amazon works fine. However +20k JPY total... nope.

You are right, this won't be cheap, but as I am a virtual railroad fan, I have to have it. :) I try to convince myself that I have to pay the price for only one full length model train. :)

• Like 2