return policies of buyer.jp

kami_illy

Hi folks, 

i've posted this question in another thread already. Since there was no answer yet, i'll start this one and hope someone can help. 

My problem is:

I bought a 8-car set of B-Train 700series Railstar with buyee from yahoo auctions. I have bought there before and never had any trouble. 

Bit more than one week ago i got my package delivered but inside was.. a 4-car add-on set of the 700series Nozomi.

I contacted buyee via their contact form on the web page and explained the wrong delivery. So far i just got the confirmation e-mail saying that they received my message. 

Now i haven't heard anything from them since a week.

Anybody of you had a similar issue? You know how long they usually take to answer (in english)? Would be nice to get some info if any of you have experience with that. Thanks in advance :)

You mean buyee?

As per there terms and conditions.  They are not responsible for incorrectly sent items from the original JP seller.  They do have a service where you pay extra and they check the items they received are correct before sending them onto you.  If incorrect, they return money.  If you did not pay extra for this service.  Then there will be nothing you can do except hope the may be nice about it.

Edited by katoftw

ha, a typo in the title... lets see if i can change that. 

They do have a service where you pay extra and they check the items they received are correct before sending them onto you.  

i bought it with the standard plan which includes inspection i think. At least that is checked in the shipping info. 

post-360-0-90837800-1498725250_thumb.png

Maybe i will also try to contact the seller himself. Lets see what buyee is saying (if they answer at all)

Well if that is the case.  They should be refunding you.  The point of paying extra for the inspection is for them to check the contents of the package from the seller.

I wouldn't contact the seller directly.  But I would try buyee again.

Edited by katoftw

I thought so too. But is always good to hear the opinion from someone else. Thanks for answering so quickly. 

I'll report if there is news from buyee..

short update:

after exchanging some e-mails with buyee i found out that i did not receive an e-mail they send where they were asking for photo proof... in the meantime the 2-week period for requesting claims expired. So usually that would be the end of that story. 

But they are very kind and make an exception to investigate what went wrong anyways due to the circumstances of this case. Now we are waiting to see what they find out. 

Hope for the best since my former experience with buyee was really good so far. 

Edited by kami_illy
  • Like 1

So, i got an e-mail from buyee with the details of the partial refunds..: 

They refund half of the item fee, a (symbolic) part of the service fee and half of the domestic shipping fee. 

So i am left with roughly half the costs plus the international shipping (which is not a small part considering the pretty low cost of second hand b-trains) and of course i have a b-train set that i didn't order and actually have no real use for. 

Anyways, I am happy that they looked into it though the timeline was a bit messed up. Also i got at least a partial refund. Now I am trying to sell the wrong item and then it should be covered. The shipping costs... well, its for the experience   ;) . 

So, why i learned: when you have to claim something in buyee you have to be fast. They have a 2-week timeline (apparently for the whole process). Also you might get a (partial) refund and not get the wrongly delivered item exchanged. 

I was hoping for more but feared for less, so in the end it is ok how it went.

ps. who wants a b-train 700series Nozomi Shinkansen 4car add-on set?  :D

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but imho this means the check before forwarding option is practically useless as they couldn't really tell two trainsets apart. (i'm sure it would work if a brick or a pack of old newspapers were delivered by the seller, but any used train would get through)

I thought so too.

They couldn't tell the difference between an "8 car 700 Railstar" (2 boxes) and an "4 car 700 Nozomi add-on" (1 box). 

On the other hand if you are not familiar with model train stuff and their list says b-train shinkansen, they see a b-train shinkansen (even if the wrong one) and don't notice the difference. Who knows...

I have to confess that i didn't go through the faq yet. Probably they say what exactly inspection means. On the refund notice they wrote "due to damage" I think that is their main concern: damage caused by domestic shipping and obvious fraud (like sending bricks..)

Edited by kami_illy

They don't need to know the difference. They just need to check the items received against the item pictures in the yahoo auction listing.

I also agree the system they have in place failed, and isn't worth the 500 yen they charge for it. Cos it failed this time, and they only returned half the money.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 2