Hello from Santiago, Chile

Nikorasu07

Nikorasu07

Hi everyone

My name is Nicolás. i'm 25 years old and I live in Chile. a little country down here in south america. few years ago i've got some fascination on japanese culture, specially in cars and of course the public transport system. I intend to travel the next year to Japan and see with my own eyes how the train drivers put their best on the duty they do. 

I like scale trains but i don't have the necesary space on my apartment (it`s pretty small).

I work in my city Santiago, in the metropolitan subway system called "Metro de Santiago"  and yes, I'm train driver . for now i'm working in the principal line in the metro system called "Linea 1" (Line 1) the most crowded one. I've got training to drive 2 models of pneumatic trains. one of them is called NS-93 made by Alstom in France and the other one is called NS-07 made by CAF in Spain

Sorry about my bad English but I hope to improve that feature in the near future

Edited by Nikorasu07

Hola Nicolás, bienvenido a esta casa de locos. Your English is fine. Everyone will understand you. You may want to look at shelf layouts. One of whose can fit anywhere.

Welcom nicorasu!

Glad you found us! Lots of compact ways to do layouts and Japanese rr really lends itself to very compact scenes. Your English is great, no worries.

Cheers

Jeff

Welcome to the forum Nicolás!   Even if you can't make a layout, a temporary loop of unitrack can be just as fun.  I often set one up on the kitchen table or even the floor!  Your English is very good, better than some native speakers I've seen.

post-3846-0-19910300-1496211344_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Nicholas!

Youll' see, N scale fits evrywhere!

Also Santiago is one of my favourite latin-american metro systems! I really like the original NS-74 rolling stock!

Edited by Socimi
adrianKeith

Hey Nicolas! Welcome to JNSForum! I myself am in the same predicament where I'm in an apartment so I don't have much room either. For now, I'm just playing with B-Trains as they're not nearly as expensive nor are they as big. They're still a whole lot of fun to put together and see a finished product. 

I'm currently trying to build a small diorama of one of the stations I visited this past April in Otsu, Shiga called Minami-Shiga. I've ordered some parts and am excited to put it together.

Anyhow, welcome! It's neat to hear you're an actual train driver! Hopefully you can spend some time on the forums telling us how that is.