MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

My Skyliner set arrived on Wednesday, but I was on a meeting in Klagenfurt in the last few days, so I could get it from the post office today evening. I made a quick photo with my phone, but will try to make a lot in the weekend if you are interested.

post-248-13569930167772_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No doubt, this is a gorgeous train! I had to watch that video twice and was wanting more.

Funny thing is, automatically my brain was seeing an Eurostar unit.

MA is over-extended itself this month with the announcement of one new Joyful train and one painted train.

We will have:

- JR East 485 Series in "Irodori" color services and its beautiful almond shaped headlights.

- JR Kyushu Kiha 183-1000 "Aso Boy"

There is more sets announced but I'm waiting for the poster before detailing it completely.

Anyone have a Skyliner with a warped body? I've got one on mine... Can't quite figure out what's causing it. And the cars are very finicky to disassemble due to the skirting. I had to hold my breath when I took mine apart to check it out LOL.

Clem,

I've done a whole thread on poor quality of Micro Ace models.  Three or four brand new models I've received have had the car body (shell) pushed down too far over the chassis on one or more cars.  Most I've fixed, but I still have a Tokyo Metro 05 Series subway car (A5012) with a warped shell.  Straightening that out with clamps and warm water is on my list of dumb things I've gotta do.

Mine have all come from HS.  I just can't be bothered returning them because of the cost.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Well body shells pushed in too far I still attribute to rough handling in shipping plus it's easily fixable as long as none of the clips have snapped (which they did on my Kato E351 set). But otherwise I've never had a problem with Microace (OK aside from the Dr. Yellow chassis that fell apart and gave my thumb gangrene). This one though looks fixable as the warpage is caused by the body not clipping on properly. When I remove the shell, it looks fine.

ive never really had any issues with body warpage with Microace trains. i probably have 30 or more. only bought a few in the last year though. coming with the units not seated is i think as clem noted a rough drop in shipping along the way somewhere. ive had a few like this with kato, tomix and microace and once popped back in properly on issues.

only issue is have with ma is all the variation they have done on their power chassises and getting them apart along with the lack of getting any spare parts. so far i have not had a death of a ma power chassis, but when i do i figure i will probably modify a greenmax or kato or tomix to replace it as best i can. truck details will be the big issue, but those might be graftable.

jeff

only issue is have with ma is all the variation they have done on their power chassises and getting them apart along with the lack of getting any spare parts. so far i have not had a death of a ma power chassis, but when i do i figure i will probably modify a greenmax or kato or tomix to replace it as best i can. truck details will be the big issue, but those might be graftable.

Yeah but they do sell power chassis's now, though mind you, only flywheel equipped versions. I bought a couple, mainly to upgrade my old 485-3000 Hakucho set to the newest mechanism. Even comes with 3 different car underbody/equipment covers. I want to see if I can somehow adapt it to my old 789 Super Hakucho set as it's not the best runner in my fleet...

MA preorders out

most notable for me is this Norokko Go and i think the other is this Kurukuru Komagatake Yu-Yu-Train but i think the transaltion is wrong in hs

i thought the vids i had were right but it turns out these are the same train but different now i cannot find vids atm of the older original sets but they pics looks mighty interesting

Krackel Hopper

The Norokko Go is certainly interesting! 

I wonder, will MicroAce also be releasing the Matching DE10?

If so, this DE10 seems to have had both a red and a blue roof..?

norokko_de10_1661.jpg

1262618420.jpg

So I got my Skyliner fixed. Involves a tiny bit of filing of the clip. But unfortunately, because the body was shipped that way from the factory, it's still got some mild warpage to it. At least now it's not really noticeable. Unlike their others issues, this one is definitely a QC problem.