MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

For those of us in the freight world, MicroAce has announced the KOKI71 Car Rack.

Pre-Orders for a 2-car set, due in February..

No pictures of HS yet

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10161848

Here's a photo from their original 2006 run (just linked because photo is excessively large)

http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/001/227/85/N000/000/001/PIC_1834.JPG

And here's the real thing..

EF64-1049_carrack_mg_070628.JPG

i tried to get a set of those when they first came out, but no joy. i periodically look on poppendetta used and yahoo but never has turned up, but not looked that consistently...

ouch at $25 per car, but perhaps two of them...

cheers

jeff

Thanks for the tip-off Krackel, I have ordered a set, but my eyes watered a little when I saw the 189 in the photo, a set I have been seeking for a long time :((

Angus

Krackel Hopper

$50 is pretty steep for two koki cars.. so I certainly won't be making a full consist of these.. but I will get a set just so I have a fun/unusual addition to stand out against all the other containers.

• Like 1

its interesting as in the prototype pict you found it has only two cars and then some container cars. the old set had two auto racks and 5 container cars. thats whats easier with japanese trains, many of the consists are a lot smaller for freight than other places in the world!

jeff

$50 is pretty steep for two koki cars.. so I certainly won't be making a full consist of these.. but I will get a set just so I have a fun/unusual addition to stand out against all the other containers.

This is basically the devaluation of currency.  Two years ago this would have been about $30.

I should not because there is the Special Edition N700 comming this month but I couldn't resist... :-/

I'll tell my girlfriend she should buy the expensive sweater she saw yesterday. And when she does I'll tell her I will spend 30'000¥ worth of trains this month... ^^,,,,

I'll tell my girlfriend she should buy the expensive sweater she saw yesterday. And when she does I'll tell her I will spend 30'000¥ worth of trains this month... ^^,,,,

Sorry, wut? She's a girlfriend... I never knew rules existed with girlfriends..  :laugh:

Sorry, wut? She's a girlfriend... I never knew rules existed with girlfriends..  :laugh:

7 years together is a big deal don't you think? Lots of marriages don't last that long!  :grin

Was just kiddin' I told her and it made her laugh.  :laugh:

Yeah Kumo,

Man-up mate!  Girlfriends don't count!   :grin :grin :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

when they make you start shaking hands with the unemployed again they do  :grin :grin :grin

Kumo,

Awesome mate.  We are nerds who like trains, after all.  Wife 1.0 only lasted 8.5 years before she left me for a man with 'grown-up" hobbies.  But I met wife 2.0 7 years ago next month.  We've been married 5 years now.

However, if I had a girlfriend for 7 years I think my grandfather would sit me down and give me a talk about the difference between a cattle brand and a cattle prod!!  :cool:

If she's hung around for 7 years Kumo I think it's time you gave that girl a cap and gloves, and put her in the guard's compartment ... ie: walk down the aisle and "click her ticket" ... or any other analogy for tying the knot .. if you know what I mean!!!!

Cheers,

The_Ghan

However, if I had a girlfriend for 7 years I think my grandfather would sit me down and give me a talk about the difference between a cattle brand and a cattle prod!!  :cool:

If she's hung around for 7 years Kumo I think it's time you gave that girl a cap and gloves, and put her in the guard's compartment ... ie: walk down the aisle and "click her ticket" ... or any other analogy for tying the knot .. if you know what I mean!!!!

Cheers,

The_Ghan

Thanks for the message. Yep, she's the one! ;-)

But we don't really need marriage and I'll explain why.

First of all, I'm an atheist so I don't need to do any kind of commitment in front of any kind of gods. We're committed to each other that's fine for us. Sure the wedding thing seems appealing to celebrate our couple with friend and family (plus getting drunk and expensive honeymoon ;-) ) but we don't really need that.

Second of all: financial aspect. For some strange reasons, in Switzerland, you pay more taxes when you're married than when you're single roommates.

So, if we marry, nothing will change in our lives nor our couple except we will me Mr. and Mrs. Kumo and will pay even more taxes.  :lipssealed:

For now on, we'll just keep thing the way they are, having an happy life together as a young couple (we moved in together just 3 months ago)!

(maybe a Kumo Jr. would be a game changer but it's definitely not on the schedule yet!)

This being said, I really can't wait to get my next trains: Nishitetsu and N700-8000!! :-)

• Like 1

With their upcomming retirement, MicroAce will join Tomix by adding the 300系 Shinkansen to their lineup!

Two sepperate sets can be reserved: set F9 (delivered on 27-9-1993, A7360+A7361) and set J61 (delivered on 20-10-1998, one of the last 300系 sets, A7354+A7355).

Both sets seem to have (per description) Single arm panthographs, which makes them unsuitable for early 90's ops though :sad:.

F Set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168189

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168190

J Set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168186

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10168187

two more 300 set.... :sad:

that's a little bit "heavy"  :sad:

2012 season is not yet started and I already have around 2000€ of Shinkansen on pre-order..

it's time to dismantle the rest of H0 collection

(f..k MA why not one 300 J0/J1?)

ciao

Massimo

At THOSE prices though, I'm going to wait until they're released and see if I can buy them at 20% off from someone else.  HS is offering 15% and the yen is stronger than ever.  I'm going to wait and see on this one.  5% is $32.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Martijn Meerts

The prices are noticeably going up.. A year ago I would've pre-ordered at least 1, but probably both sets without even thinking about it, but now it just seems rather expensive.. Of course, when I then compare what it would cost to get a Minitrix/Fleischmann loco with 15 cars, the shinkansen all of a sudden is really cheap ;)