MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

So I got my 9600 and c11-304 pretty nice models.

I have 1 nark the c11 plate on the side is crooked  :sad: only a touch but to me it is noticeable.

Also got the sefu/sera1 set very nice the cars are so tiny  :grin

Would like to post pics but my phone is out of action atm and i'm too lazy to xfer of my 7D rescale and upload.

As always using the rapido couplers. The steamers use some form of flexible one not sure what could be used to make knuckle style.

Claude_Dreyfus

My order from Wellington Models has arrived...a Micro Ace class 119 EMU. A very nice looking model and a perfect accompanyment for the Tomix ED62 still on order with HS...

the kintetsu 10000 vista car is back in stock for those interested.

very interesting design.....

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10132855

keitaro, how dare you! You know my budget is blown!  I really want one of these ... just has to wait  The Kato metro series is far more important.

Cheers

The_Ghan

these are really weird trains, its like it was designed by three different teams, one for each end and one for the middle!

they are nice trains to have though.

jeff

these are really weird trains, its like it was designed by three different teams, one for each end and one for the middle!

jeff

Hmmm ... I see what you mean.  The two ends are the same though.  Perhaps two different teams.  Did you notice that despite being a seven car set the end car is car 6?  Take a look at the fourth car.  One end is marked "3", the other "4".  Bizarre, to say the least.  Only two of the cars are double-deckers.  I would think that if there was the scenery to warrant the vista car then they'd make all cars this way ... if only logic prevailed!!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

jeff

Hmmm ... I see what you mean.  The two ends are the same though.  Perhaps two different teams.  Did you notice that despite being a seven car set the end car is car 6?  Take a look at the fourth car.  One end is marked "3", the other "4".  Bizarre, to say the least.  Only two of the cars are double-deckers.  I would think that if there was the scenery to warrant the vista car then they'd make all cars this way ... if only logic prevailed!!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

thats because only car 3 and 4 are the vista cars. The rest are standard. Also it seems this was done due to manufacturing limitation ?

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/近鉄10000系電車

Kato did a 10100 http://rail.hobidas.com/comm/rea-n/archives/2007/05/ it's quite nice too

no i was not crazy! i dug out my ma kintetsu 10000 revised edition. the Kitetsu 10000 revised (A1973 and A 1974) also has different end cars along with two vista cars in the center, but they are even separated by a non vista car! this train really looks like a train designed by a committee that broke up into different sub committees and then just threw together what they designed!

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig05/10050931a.jpg

i recently got on of the kato 3 car 10100 from a club member in a great trade for layout work, but unfortunately it is the one with the same end cars...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10060217

cheers

jeff

Still a nice trade on the Kintetsu ... I bet you were nagged for hours before checking the end cars on that model.

It still beats me why a consist only has 1 or 2 vista cars, and why cars are different lengths.  If the views are good enough to warrant a vista car design then surely they would make all cars vista cars and maximise ticket sales.  If they needed short cars to negotiate tight bends then why are some of the cars long.  Some of the cars have shared bogies, others not. 

I can't find any articles on these on the web.  It would be great to know the story.

Cheers

The_Ghan

this is back in the 1960's though right. pretty sure money was tight and people were unwilling to pay the extra $$$$ to get a good view so to speak.

this is back in the 1960's though right. pretty sure money was tight and people were unwilling to pay the extra $$$$ to get a good view so to speak.

Interesting point.  Why then didn't they just purchase stock consists?  They only made a handful of these.  They must have been bloody expensive.  If money was the issue then there would have been no vista cars, no shared bogies, no different cab cars etc.

The whole consist is just illogical.  Why two different cab cars, for example? 

It is the "platypus" of Japanese rail!

Cheers

The_Ghan

its why i bought it when it first came out, it was just so strange. but gotta hand it to japanese design they even made this odd combination flow -- i works visually even with all these strange things going on! this is what really has drawn me to japanese trains is the attention to design detail you just dont see much of anymore in modern design. [sigh]

cheers

jeff

I received a message from HS that the MicroACE Kiha47-500/5000 Niigata New Colour scheme has been delayed til after October. But from the photos shown I would mind for the slight delay for it to arrive to the stores.

And now, the return of JR Kyushu kiha 140 "Hayato no Kaze" for those who missed it. February rereleased, too bad MA is not reissuing the "Isaburo/Shinpei"

looks great from the pics and looks like kato have sparked a tokyo metro war as MA now have some metro's on the way. waiting for tomix to follow suit.

I'm hoping to see some tomytec releases on this. Not pointing towards the Osaka Subway trains, since they were limited edition models for the Kansai region only. I'm secretl hoping they'll do a cheap Asakusa subway, be it a 5000 or 5200 Series.

Looks great from the pics

And in person too, I have one and since I know you collect JR Kyushu trains I urge you to pre-order one. It's one of the most beautiful train I own.

Looks great from the pics

And in person too, I have one and since I know you collect JR Kyushu trains I urge you to pre-order one. It's one of the most beautiful train I own.

I'm really considering it but i just spent $300 on the nozomi 500 sayonara set and have $400 of orders for that months release  :sad:

i may manage it though will see how funds go