MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Martijn Meerts

For some reason the new Skyliner doesn't really appeal to me.. Not sure why..

I had the same with the previous Skyliner, but I still ended up buying that one, so I'm not quite in the clear yet ;)

I had the same with the previous Skyliner, but I still ended up buying that one, so I'm not quite in the clear yet ;)

Love the AE100. It was actually the first train I saw when I arrived in Japan. The prototype has a very unique sound to it as well, which was the first thing that struck me. I pretty much fell in love with it at that moment hahaha. The retractable headlights are also very unique and I love how that is (sort of) replicated in the MA model.

The steel coil train has sold out at HS, my procrastination on ordering one has saved me a few hundred dollars.

The steel coil train has sold out at HS, my procrastination on ordering one has saved me a few hundred dollars.

You're the lucky one. lol

Lol i was tempted but then decided my 15 car sera/sefu set was wnought and i really don't have a layout atm of this calibre to handle it.

Lol i was tempted but then decided my 15 car sera/sefu set was wnought and i really don't have a layout atm of this calibre to handle it.

I've got two sera/sefu sets coming. I thought 15 four wheelers isn't very long for a coal train and when I'm not running one long train I can run one set loaded and the other empty in opposite directions.

you seen my mini layout right ? it's built for 2 - 3 car trains :p

having said that a steamer which is what this is intended for may not like 30 cars :p

Anyone notice these little juicy pieces on HS?

Keisei AE power unit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10158111

KiHa 40 power unit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10142304

481/483/485 power unit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10142303

Is this the beginning of the availability of spare parts from Microace? I am going to really pissed if they release a Shinkansen power unit, after I sold my broken Dr. Yellow set to Massimo for $60.  :BangHead:

Almost tempted to order the 485 unit to replace the antique unit that is in my 485-3000 Hakucho set... What to do....

Those MicroAce power units are great alternatives for those bulky TomyTec and Greenmax units where the motor is (partially) visible through the windows. This makes freelance/kit-modelling so much more interesting as it now allows interior lighting of an actual interior. Too bad they are quite expensive...

Those MicroAce power units are great alternatives for those bulky TomyTec and Greenmax units where the motor is (partially) visible through the windows. This makes freelance/kit-modelling so much more interesting as it now allows interior lighting of an actual interior. Too bad they are quite expensive...

Hehe that'd a waste to be honest... The biggest significance of this is that MA is selling spare parts. They have never done this in the past and it is basically 110% impossible to obtain spare parts from them of any kind, even if you live in Japan. Power units are a great start!

Hehe that'd a waste to be honest... The biggest significance of this is that MA is selling spare parts. They have never done this in the past and it is basically 110% impossible to obtain spare parts from them of any kind, even if you live in Japan. Power units are a great start!

Tell me about it I'm surprised though that bonafide products havn't gotten into making replacement parts they do for other manufacturers.

Be wary if you break a MA you might as well but a whole new model of it. The couplers on some models are even hard to replace. Mainly the steamers and diesel loco's (the normal passenger series trains are fine). But i have just ordered a long shank coupler from Micro-Trains I am pretty confident I can fit in my MA DD51. Time will tell I guess.

you seen my mini layout right ? it's built for 2 - 3 car trains :p

having said that a steamer which is what this is intended for may not like 30 cars :p

Ah, but two steamers. :grin

It's a bit blurred but I count 25 cars in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLA7plQ2gLc&feature=related

And the train the photographer starts chasing about 3:15 into this one has a good length train for a 9600 as well.

Looks like I'll have to wait to get them though. I sent HS my payment and they went on vacation.

Hi,

Thanks for posting the videos. The second one is the first time I have seen film of the 9600s on the line from Yukuhashi.  I am not sure what the hoppers contain but I think it was for the Aso Cement works in the area. Perhaps someone can confirm.

Paid HS for my 9600 and coal cars.

Hi,

Thanks for posting the videos. The second one is the first time I have seen film of the 9600s on the line from Yukuhashi.  I am not sure what the hoppers contain but I think it was for the Aso Cement works in the area. Perhaps someone can confirm.

I just typed 'coal train' into Babelfish and then entered the resulting Japanese characters + 'SL' into Youtube, there were a few by the second poster.

HS has received my payment, now I keeping my fingers crossed that my sera/sefu sets will arrive before a hobby show this weekend.

Hi,

I just typed 'coal train' into Babelfish and then entered the resulting Japanese characters + 'SL' into Youtube, there were a few by the second poster.

HS has received my payment, now I keeping my fingers crossed that my sera/sefu sets will arrive before a hobby show this weekend.

i'm prepared to be dissaponted  :sad: still havn't got my payment request....

Hi,

... maybe they're closing their international department ...  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hi,

... maybe they're closing their international department ...  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers

The_Ghan

hahaha lol jerk  :laugh:

Martijn Meerts

Just got the confirmation that my payment for the 9600 and coal transport cars has been received, guess it'll be shipping soon.

Hi,

Cheers

The_Ghan

hahaha lol jerk  :laugh:

... my specialty!!!  :grin

Martijn Meerts

Mine got shipped today.. Will probably arrive at Schiphol this weekend, and then sit in customs for about 2 weeks :)

Mine got shipped today.. Will probably arrive at Schiphol this weekend, and then sit in customs for about 2 weeks :)

So I may stil get it before you  :grin

Our customs lasts like 3 hours haha looking over previous trackers

Can't wait to get this.

***forgot to mention i am getting 20 packs of micro trains couplers some long shanks and mostly short shanks.

The long ones are for my MA dd51 the MT short shanks fit but are too short to be flexible.

Hoping the long one with the extra 2 mm or so will work better.

Also found these other couplers which work the same way the Realline ones do which are knucle based with a loop and the screw goes through and into the train. Hoping this can be used on some various models with a small drill hole to upgrade.

Will post my findings as I am sure there are plenty of people out there with models that have no support for coupler upgrades.

HS just restocked a bunch of Micro Ace trains, including the unique Matto factory DE10.

I want one of these ... but 2011 budget blown already.  I need to demonstrate sound fiscal management to the boss in order to secure funding for 2012.    :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan