MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

sorry Clem I don't buy used unless the thing is limited edition.

I guess tomix will re-run again next year.

I got my brother in law to check the train out and the couplers are not too bad on the micro ace.

hmmm scratch that i think it's just a re-release of the old model. anyone know if it has update tooling or anything about this model http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10151829

since hs doesn't have info i found this

Both sets of six basic colors were organized Renewal Northeast Joetsu green and blue bands of white comments. 1000s coupled with low capacity of the first car. Differences in the shape of the pantograph and the modified accelerated cover reproduces the pantograph traces removed. Grey non-slip coating roof, painted gold 221.225 louver-type floor, painting a detailed representation of the silver-painted steps, such as footwear impressions. Non-smoking car, smoking car and marks printed. Power unit used with the flywheel. Headlights, tail lights lit.

I think this is the description for the previous renewal in 2009 from what it looks it's just a re-release of that still i pre-ordered anyway. couldn't resist the nose  :grin

Does anyone know when in September Micro-Ace's releases will be released?

I will be in Japan during from the 8th to 14th of September and would be looking at getting the Hamanasu set as I'll be riding it during my trip, and I was wondering if I should wait until I am there or should I pre-order it from HS?

Regards,

Allastair

They are usually released during the second part of the month. If I were you I would pre-order it from HS or Popondetta or Whatever other online store you like to use.

Also because a release can be postponed, they usually don't hit the stores at the time said on the posters.

They are usually released during the second part of the month. If I were you I would pre-order it from HS or Popondetta or Whatever other online store you like to use.

Also because a release can be postponed, they usually don't hit the stores at the time said on the posters.

That is so true about Micro ACE items being delayed but this could happen to every other model train company. I would also check the latest from the company to see when the are going to release the models you are after as they might have changed the date of release when the store hasn't done so.

That is so true about Micro ACE items being delayed but this could happen to every other model train company.

Of course, every manufacturers is likely to postpone and change its production/release schedules. Those can be actually very problematic when you are on a tight budget and two pre-orders decide to show up at the same time instead of different months.

I would also check the latest from the company to see when the are going to release the models you are after as they might have changed the date of release when the store hasn't done so.

Yes, Micro Ace usually updates it's release schedule once every month, in the first 10 days. The last update was on the 10th and the last release on the 16th.

http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/

Martijn Meerts

It does seem MicroAce is getting more and more expensive.. Would love to see some pictures first though, although, MicroAce is usually pretty good on the details :)

Well, for sure MicroAce got a little bit more expensive but the Skyliner always have been expensive. The old AE100 and AE1 are only 1.000 Yen cheaper (actually it's less). I think the increase seems worse because of HS recent price increase.

Hard to resist...

Especially regarding the coolness of this train and the strength of the Swiss Franc agains the Yen...

yen.png

:grin

EDIT: was too hard to resist, I placed the order... Shame on me...

(I just wonder how much will the price difference be with R10)

i have a bunch of trains from MA on the way just waiting for payment request. 3 steamers the 15 car ser1 set and some other models.

Hard to resist...

Especially regarding the coolness of this train and the strength of the Swiss Franc agains the Yen...

you're right! I should order two sets!!

gahhhhhh...... Micro ACE....

They just released the 12 car Steel Coil wagon set now a month early *laughing* so now I have to find the funds and kill the piggy bank to get pay to get this item and aother item that HS decided to add as one shipment. :(

And I get paid next week :( :(

NEW SKYLAAAAIN! :blob8:

I have to save money for my future trip to Japan (for the duration of 1~3 months and build up potential contacts for a future job there). Can't even allow myself to even think about reserving it... :sad5:

It is an interesting looking consist, but not something I relate to personally and so its easy for me to resist at the moment.  I might get one if Rainbow stock it with 20% off.  Otherwise I'll let this one go.

Cheers

The_Ghan