MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Fujisan View Limited Express, the remake of the old JR Central Series 371.

Edited by disturbman

Yes, I agree unfortunately a work of  Elji Mitooka.  It is cut down from seven cars to three cars. Never the less it is a full train for those with small layouts.

I still don't see MA's Choice as something that will bring them money. It's nice they are trying to monetize their moulds, but I'm a puzzled by this month choice. Seeing their recent releases, you can definitely feel they are struggling. They didn't use to bring out so many smaller sets. I expect the freight car sets can fit inside their VHS-tape size cases rather than their large bookcases.

And continue immediately with posters from August. In addition to a usual N scale poster, one with a HO scale kit is also out!

Greenmax are also pushing an 811 with 3D printed samples in a good number of model shops. Microace has the updated livery as well as the older one, both currently in use.

Be interesting to see how they compare to one another.

Edited by Kamome

Latest Micro Ace poster is now out, linked as a .jpg from the Micro Ace website as still not supposed to post PDFs and I can't get access to the Yokohama Models blog. Has anyone got a post showing the poster they can link please?

The ED17 and ED18 2 will be must haves for my collection. I'll pass on the Resort Saloon Festa, which I call 'Freddy Fatlips' (anyone seen The Chemical Brothers' Salmon Dance song?) thanks, and ditto the Keihan 800-series as it's just a rerun of set 815/816 which I already have. And, for my friend @SL58654号, Hisatsu Line KiHa 31s! Because all the Microsoft Train Simulator-y goodness and memories. I'll probably grab them too as I spent enough time playing MSTS in my not-always misspent youth.

Alastair

• Like 1
SL58654号
1 hour ago, ED75-775 said:

Latest Micro Ace poster is now out, linked as a .jpg from the Micro Ace website as still not supposed to post PDFs and I can't get access to the Yokohama Models blog. Has anyone got a post showing the poster they can link please?

The ED17 and ED18 2 will be must haves for my collection. I'll pass on the Resort Saloon Festa, which I call 'Freddy Fatlips' (anyone seen The Chemical Brothers' Salmon Dance song?) thanks, and ditto the Keihan 800-series as it's just a rerun of set 815/816 which I already have. And, for my friend @SL58654号, Hisatsu Line KiHa 31s! Because all the Microsoft Train Simulator-y goodness and memories. I'll probably grab them too as I spent enough time playing MSTS in my not-always misspent youth.

Alastair

Thanks for the mention! That would be a very appropriate addition to my layout! Some spectators at exhibits are bound to remember those KiHa 31s themselves.
And if it weren't for those dingy aluminum diesel cars in that now-archaic MSTS PC game, I might've never known about let alone ever traveled to live near the Hisatsu Line.

• Like 1

Definitely interested in the Kiha 31s. Was able to vandalise one in line for scrap some years ago at the minami-Kokura works.  I also religiously played MSTS although didn’t give the Hisatsu line as much time as the Odakyu. 

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, Kamome said:

Was able to vandalise one in line for scrap some years ago at the minami-Kokura works.

Wait, WHAT? OK, what's the story behind that? Now I'm curious.

JR Kyushu allowed people to graffiti the retired cars before they were scrapped.

Edited by disturbman
unnecessary quote, answering previous message

So essentially a few years ago , 2018 iirc, we travelled up to Kokura when my boys were still happy to do stuff without intense negotiation. The sheds an yard was open to the public, you could sit in the 885 drivers chair, go aboard the Ibusuki no Tamatebako and the kids could write messages with paint pens on a Kiha 31 due to be scrapped.

IMG_2436.jpeg

Edited by disturbman
SL58654号

Gee, I know I loved wrecking these diesel cars as a stupid ten year old playing MSTS, but seeing this makes me feel sorry for them...

Edited by disturbman
disturbman

Monthly gentle reminder to not quote the message you are answering to if you are answering the last message. You can use the "Reply to this topic" field at the end of the conversation instead of clicking on the "Quote" button. Thank you 🙂