MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

15 hours ago, Kamome said:

I saw a few of the orange Huis Ten Bosch sets on the 2nd hand market but not the green “Midori express” ones.

The Midori express was re-released in Sept 2019, hence it would be pretty rare now. I still prefer the previous marketing whereby the entire train was released in one set , albeit there isnt an extra motor to run them separately... I have this set, and i recall having to get a junk 783 Hyper Saloon in order to swap out several damaged parts and have an extra motor....  X_X 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, disturbman said:

Many happy Hokkaidoers

Wow, I love Hokkaido trains but now I'm going to have to do some serious thinking since I just got the North Rainbow Express (A8254 version) from Yahoo Auctions last month. Looking into it, it sounds like they are making some accuracy adjustments to the model. I wonder if the improvements are worth it to have another copy versus adding a completely different train to the collection. 

I would say probably not; except if you really, really love that train. Imo, the only point of interest would be more recent internals (motor and light units).

That's fair and, honestly, I can use all the convincing I can get to not pre-order one of these as I actually do really like this train, haha. But yeah, my North Rainbow already runs well and I have no issues with the lights on it so hard to justify it from that standpoint. In terms of model accuracy, it looks like they are changing the skirt width to be more accurate and the antenna will change to a location more representative of the train as it currently runs, but I probably wouldn't have noticed those things, if I'm being completely honest. 

This is definitely nice for anyone wanting to get their hands on it, at least, especially considering its real-life counterpart's impending retirement. I kind of wish they instead would be releasing a version that includes the Kiha 183-1 pinch-runner car and an ED-79 instead of a rerelease of the base version just with some minor updates. Then you could have one "deluxe" release that you can get before the train retires that includes the train in all of its configurations. And you wouldn't have two only slightly different models of the same train in the Micro Ace catalog (although I get that this isn't the first example of this sort of thing). 

This is normal industry practice.

At the same time, if you like a train, there is no reasons not to own multiples. Even if it’s several models of a singular train; your trains, your rules.

I own several models of some trains and I thoroughly enjoy having them out at the same time. I have four Tobu 8000s and three Seibu 3000s, admittedly all with a different running number and some with different liveries.

• Haha 1

I love the Kiha-185 North Rainbow Express, and had bad luck trying to find one, and then saw this and immediately placed a pre-order! The previous A8257 with pincer then you can get 2 different type of heading trains instead of one ~  😛

The Tobu 20430 looks great as well, but NO, no going into Tobu. NO WAY. I had already recently made the bad choice to go into Nanaki due to Sumikko Gurashi... 

Edited by JR 500系
Das Steinkopf
On 8/16/2022 at 10:21 PM, JR 500系 said:

I love the Kiha-185 North Rainbow Express, and had bad luck trying to find one, and then saw this and immediately placed a pre-order! The previous A8257 with pincer then you can get 2 different type of heading trains instead of one ~  😛

The Tobu 20430 looks great as well, but NO, no going into Tobu. NO WAY. I had already recently made the bad choice to go into Nanaki due to Sumikko Gurashi... 

Haha, we've seen how this story unfolds many a time.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Haha 1

:tongue9:  33k for another North Rainbow?  I paid less the first couple I bought..  ehm... 15 years ago 

I already have the short and the normal, I'm really curious to see what and how has been improved to double the price....

I find the 7k increase since the pinch runner set in May 2020 more interesting and telling. MA is visibly feeling a huge inflationary pressure.

Until their factory issues, they were the cheapest of the big 4.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:30 PM, disturbman said:

Until their factory issues, they were the cheapest of the big 4.

I know what you mean.... 😭

but it was a long time ago... in a galaxy far, far away...

and that's what happened (the "dark side" of the ..Mastercard)

uno.thumb.jpg.ff7a718de30d018cf7a226d24cbbc698.jpg

tre.thumb.jpg.7c8f3a9e9a3855d30b9a0381bc173b97.jpg

but fortunately, they reduced from 20-22 to 10-12 poster at year and more focused on private railways that are out of my regular target, just the Shinkansen has become more "heavy" but one every 2-3- years can be handled

anyway, in general I don't find a so big difference between the first release and the last, the quality has not been increased enough to justify double price or 7000JPY or more (like the first and the last 300 type,) maybe the better thing is that the self-destruction attitute now has been abandoned, but I'm not 100% sure about it, we speak again in 2030.... (I'm scared to open some boxes)

Ciao!

Massimo

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jappomania said:

and that's what happened (the "dark side" of the ..Mastercard)

HOLY MOLLY! That's one hell of a collection!

It looks like a VHS cabinet! If anyone still remembers those...

1 hour ago, Giugiaro said:

Greenmax would like a word with you.

• Haha 4
15 hours ago, Giugiaro said:

HOLY MOLLY! That's one hell of a collection!

NicePng_lego-characters-png_5483566-small.png.b2b6014422c618c725a0378d7eca3a82.pngjust a preview, a couple of doors opened...  almost, it's a regular 8 doors cabinet, 2,8mt x 3,6mt x 0,6mt, the second line is rear

5 hours ago, katoftw said:

The bank vault car would be nice. But I have zero use for it. 🤣

You could stash your train slush fund there 😄

• Haha 3

Yikes! The time of the 48,000 Yen model train is here.  Keikyu 600 type KEIKYU BLUE SKY TRAIN "Sumiko Gurashi" 8-car set

Edited by disturbman
from the horse's mouth
  • Like 1