MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

11 hours ago, katoftw said:

I must be the only one with zero interest. I think it is a fugly train. And I normally love stainless.

No, I actually believe the people that finds it interesting are the (vocal) minority, the discord mostly shares your opinion.

24 minutes ago, disturbman said:

No, I actually believe the people that finds it interesting are the (vocal) minority, the discord mostly shares your opinion.

Yeah but when there's too much ugliness, it tends to grab attentiion haha ~~~ Those large windows!

Yes the Kaiyodo Hobby train. I think there are some of the Kaiyodo Ultraman figurines on show on the real train, similar to the 0系 Tetsudo Hobby Train.

53 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Oooh - they are re-releasing a Tokyo Metro train and a couple of older electric locos - not that I need any of those specific models, but it would be nice if those sorts of things become available again. Tokyo Metro stuff in particular can go for crazy 2nd hand prices.

For the record I have no interest in acquiring a Seibu Laview thingy.

7 hours ago, railsquid said:

Tokyo Metro stuff in particular can go for crazy 2nd hand prices.

Osaka Metro stuff too 🙂

On 11/5/2021 at 6:24 AM, Arctic said:

MicroAce announced some Nankai x Sumikko Gurashi painted trains (a 50000 series rapi:t and a 7100 series)

http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/poster/img/21_11w.jpg

I've the 50000 series from MicroAce (latest release). As they are the sole to produce it, I didn't had options for purchasing a train I've ridden a couple of year ago. Unfortunately, something I really don't like at MA is the way they're inculding the motor in a big boxy place under the motor car, and "hidding" it with painting scheme. Anyway, if they're issuing a Red Neo Zeon version, option to purchase it remains, despite this drawback. 

JM 

Edited by JR East
typos
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, JR East said:

MA is the way they're inculding the motor in a big boxy place under the motor car, and "hidding" it with painting scheme.

Their motor cover is the issue? Because visually, I find MA's solution slightly better than the unicolored, massive boxes Tomix and Popondetta's use. GM does this pretty well with their new motor, as the motor is not hidden in a big box, but their interiors are quite bare, and inferior to other manufacturers. Kato has a slightly better practice, as they give a bit more relief to the box hiding the motor.

13 hours ago, disturbman said:

Their motor cover is the issue? Because visually, I find MA's solution slightly better than the unicolored, massive boxes Tomix and Popondetta's use. GM does this pretty well with their new motor, as the motor is not hidden in a big box, but their interiors are quite bare, and inferior to other manufacturers. Kato has a slightly better practice, as they give a bit more relief to the box hiding the motor.

I got mainly Kato's train sets and a Tomix Tobu 500 (and of course my beloved Serie 50000 Nankai Rap:t). they are my visual reference.

MA posted its poster and I replaced the link in @JR 500系's post.

It's nice to see that MA continues to expand its catalogue of small private railways to include new trains and new companies. I think they have the molds to produce the 100/1200 series and
8500 as well. Tomytec's products are nice, but having a fully functional set still beats the Railway Collection.

• Thanks 1
On 12/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, JR 500系 said:

Strange MA is still doing Kiha-281 esp when Kato has recently re-released theirs...

Forgot to add, Kato does not make the KiHa 281, they make the 283. Though MA did release a 283 in 2018.

Interesting that Microace have chosen to release some 50 series coaches after Kato will do the same. Kato’s are general type whereas the Micro release are the late JR, modified Kyushu coaches with one less window and the suhafu 12 with reclining seats. This ran on the rural line between Iizuka and Wakamatsu or up to Mojiko. The Kyushu railway shop had this formation in HO with modified Tomix 50 series. 

In true MA style, it seems very expensive for a non powered set but definitely a unique release.

More info on the actual train here. 

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/gamp.ameblo.jp/wangzi85/entry-12438087767.html

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1

I

On 12/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, railsquid said:

Heh, went on that Fujikyu train today. Remnant of the first Yamanote Line 205 sets.

Well one of them, there are at least two sets in that colour scheme. Here's one:

51781754757_b23dc3d6d1_z.jpg

fujikyu-kawaguchiko-2021-12-28_04 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Kamome said:

I was going to have a crack at going on that when I was on a Japan Rail Pass not long before it ended, but sadly didn't manage it.

I do like the DD51 rabbit ears: https://ameblo.jp/wangzi85/image-12438087767-14351191013.html  😉

• Like 2
8 hours ago, railsquid said:

I do like the DD51 rabbit ears:

Haha! The joy that was Spaceworld. The area has now been flattened for additional consumerism needs.

Just had an update about the MA Seibu 001 series LaView being pushed back yet again. There doesn’t seem to be any release date mentioned this time so possibly some design issues or problems with the mould. The MA updates showed pre production samples with major light bleed with installed lighting. I wonder whether this will ever materialise. The train has such large windows could be too fragile to replicate this effectively in N scale. Also the design of multiple painted light prisms to model the light mood changes may be another sticking point. 

Initially December, pushed back to January, now possibly February or later. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can't find anything on this, do you have any links? It shows as February in lot of places. I have my reservation at RGR, so I don't receive notifications on push backs, I thought it was scheduled for late January/early February 😁

I wouldn't read too much into it yet. It happened to me on another MA set recently, it got pushed to an unknown month just to be released the month after the one it was originally scheduled for. And do remember, that everybody has been pushing back releases. There is huge disruptions in the production chain.

In any case, the last pictures of their prototypes from October - the ones with the test paint - looked quite solid (http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/news/SB001_headlight.html).

Edited by disturbman

Seems nothing on MA website but got notification from Ami Ami. Last time it stated the new release of January, this time that it’s delayed with no update on when it will be released. 

I can’t remember which retailer i saw it on, possibly on Rakuten but stated Feb or later but February is not that far off.  As MA is made in China it could just be a logistics issue. At least no one else is producing it 

Could be. I do not fully trust ami’s notifications. There are better sources, Yokohama model was showing the correct release date on that set that ami had pushed to “unknown”. I half expect the Laview to be released next month.

MA never posts exact release dates on its website, only notifications of shipping to retailers.

Edited by disturbman
  • Thanks 1