MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

8 minutes ago, disturbman said:

What's the wrapping of the KiHa32 supposed to depict? A dragon? I tried to look for other pictures but it's not exactly clearer.

Looks like a burning armadillo, but according to this site it represents a kappa.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Dammit, only a couple of months after I went to the trouble of sourcing a rake of those Chichibu WoKis, they come out with an improved version with shorter couplings...

The new ones have different running numbers, tho 😉

Are you sure you posted the correct video? This is a cab ride video from the Abukuma Express. The KiHa is from Shikoku.

It's a kappa. Just very stylized.

Edited by disturbman
4 hours ago, maihama eki said:

Someone stop me from buying this silly unit.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10305245

I either saw a picture recently of this guy in actual scale, or it was a dream after eating Mexican food too late at night.

I have it. It’s pretty cute; they even modeled the model train display

• Like 1

Sticking to the theme of 0 series shinkansen, does anyone have experience with the A9660 Shinkansen Series 0-0/0-1000 Royal Train released last summer? Does it run smoothly?

Amazon.co.jp has it for ¥17,388, which seems reasonable for an unusual formation like this.

@1954G it’s a great model, except that it’s hard to take apart if you want to equip it with TN couplers and interior lights.

be sure to get 0339 TN couplers combine with 0336 TN couplers which are longer unless you have 400+ radii.

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf
On 1/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, JR 500系 said:

http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/poster/img/21_01w.jpg

And i am glad it is again safe for me!

I'm kind of glad considering the spending spree that I have been on, there is a lot of stuff I have purchased of late that I haven't posted, a bit of it has been rolling stock but there has been a lot of buildings and detail parts that I have been collecting.

Big Seibu year. One Galaxy Express, two L-Trains and a possible Laview.

I might be tempted by this one. I already have a MA Seibu 3000 series. It's a beautiful model.

4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

There also seems to be an upgrade to the 300 series? 

an expensive "downgrade" 🤑 ,  old panto and shield but with the third already removed....  4-5 years (or less) and the family will be completed, miss the original version with 3 panto (J0 is another thing..), maybe Tomix can do it faster (and cheap), at 99% all the molds are already done

another couple of "books" for my library 🥵

ciao!

Massimo

• Like 1

That 300 is tempting to me. Might be my first MA train. But that price tag is heavy! I'll have to think about this!

2 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

That 300 is tempting to me. Might be my first MA train. But that price tag is heavy! I'll have to think about this!

Get the cheaper TOMIX version, I'd say. Just don't get the first release because of zinc pest problems. The later releases are all fine.

disturbman

Few trains/sets that sell or will sell for a pretty penny on the second hand market: Southern Cross and the Hankyu 2300 series.

Hmm, I'd say I was marked "safe".....except.....coming to this page remined me of the 300 series from last month, and how much I want one. So I just ordered the a Tomix set from RG. So I guess I wasn't so safe after all.