MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, katoftw said:

Hopefully is comes in black this time.

Apparently it will this time.

Ah... Finally, Furano Biei Norokko, although they've split the loco from the set, making the whole lot double the price of the original release.  It's still half of what the Furano Biei currently goes for on Yahoo auctions though.

13 hours ago, VJM said:

Ah... Finally, Furano Biei Norokko, although they've split the loco from the set, making the whole lot double the price of the original release.  It's still half of what the Furano Biei currently goes for on Yahoo auctions though.

I could get into that since I actually did ride it last year...  Too bad it is MA 😉

2 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

What‘s the problem with that?

Probably nothing.  I have a few MA trains, probably slightly older ones (a few HB-E300 and a Rapi:t mainly), and they are less detailed and "older" mechanisms.  I am not the expert though.

The MA diesel locos are usually pretty good, and generally the non-standard rolling stock is pretty well done too.  The mech definitely won't be as smooth and quiet as a Kato though, I agree.

Given that this set is a commemoration 60th Anniversary of Arii/Micro Ace's founding as a company, I would expect that they would put more than the usual amount of effort into it.

Yap MA also has quite a consistent quality over their products... I have some MA motors that are still running smoothly after over 10 years! As for detailing, they do par up woth the main producers like Kato or Tomix, with some interiors having modelled after the real models which are great~ On the other hand, IMHO, GreenMax had been pretty lazy with interior designs and seems to be consistently using the same 2x2 seat interior on most trains.... 

Anyhow, i am just happy Furano Biei Norokko runs in Hokkaido, which i have no plans to venture into further ~  🙂

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Yap MA also has quite a consistent quality over their products... I have some MA motors that are still running smoothly after over 10 years! As for detailing, they do par up woth the main producers like Kato or Tomix, with some interiors having modelled after the real models which are great~

MicroAce does often do some detail which Kato and Tomix don't bother with, like differently coloured car-end doors, seat headrest covers, tinted/non-tinted windows (e.g. in E231s).

7 hours ago, Ochanomizu said:

To me the 60th Anniversary commemorative project is wasted on the Furano Biei Norokko.  I'll never buy one either.

When Tomix had their anniversary a few years back, they released several unique models throughout the year. It might be the same with Micro Ace. Also I like the Norokko.

2 hours ago, jappomania said:

probably you change in mind if one day you open some old release and find the motorized chassis split in 2.... (Zero, Dr.Yellow......)

Ah yes...

46186643901_ba3a524aeb_z.jpg

MicroAce 0 series Shinkansen - chassis issue by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Mind you it was dirt cheap 😄

Not limited to MicroAce:

31761328587_2970bd7368_z.jpg

Tomix 300 series Shinkansen - "Mazak rot" by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Very happy for people to change their minds about MicroAce as it means I can acquire silly amounts of MicroAce stock for silly prices and repair it. The 0 series was somewhat more challenging but runs...

On my couple MicroAce, the HB-E300s, the motor car under carriage detail is cheesy (and the Rapi:t is similarly so on the motor car).  Those are my only MA.   I have not run them a lot byt they seem ok to run.

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

I have made a list of all known instances I could find regarding zinc pest in Japanese N gauge. Do let me know if this list is not complete (the 0 and 922 Shinkansens are already on there).

Hi Michel! about the list probably I can add something more, but every time I open one of mine MA "books" my blood pressure increase too many so I control my roster just every 2-3 years or less (between 2000-2010 I was a good customer for Rainbowten and open more than 250-300 boxes require a lot of time)

Kato and Tomix has never been a bad surprise until now....

1 hour ago, railsquid said:

Ah yes...

Very happy for people to change their minds about MicroAce as it means I can acquire silly amounts of MicroAce stock for silly prices and repair it. The 0 series was somewhat more challenging but runs...

I agree, but I not live in Japan, so used items (junk ro similar) are out of range for me, repair mine is not a big trouble, I already rebuilt a couple of chassis in brass with my milling machine, but probably is better if I arrange a 3D file for "my" CNC, the number of necessary spare parts increase each time.....

(of course, the situation now is better than 10-20 years ago, Buyee and Nariichi are a good help, but not free of charge 🙂

Ciao!

Massimo