MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

New MA releases, no pictures yet though:

- Series KIHA400 Express `Soya` (4-Car Set) (Model Train) Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

- KIHA53-202 Tohoku Color (Model Train) Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

- Type KIHA22-700 Hokkaido Color (2-Car Set... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

- Series KIRO59, 29 `Elegance Acky` Time of ... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

- Series KIRO59, 29 Yonago Japanese Style S... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

- Series KIRO59, 29 Yonago Japanese Style S... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Diesel Car

- Tokyo Metro Series 8000 Renewal Cars Improve... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Electric Car

- Tokyo Metro Series 8000 Renewal Cars Improve... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Electric Car

- Keikyu Type 1500 `Keikyu 120 Years History T... Micro Ace N Scale,1/150 Electric Car

And the re-release of the Iseshima Liner both Red and Yellow is tempting me to get the Red which I am missing!  🙂

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10213083

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10213084

• Like 1

Oh dear... the 721 series and the 215 series are SUPER tempting... What's with the 383 series though... I don't understand if anyone would get it since Kato already re-released it, at a cheaper cost with better couplers and titling system and all...

Das Steinkopf
38 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

What's with the 383 series though... I don't understand if anyone would get it since Kato already re-released it, at a cheaper cost with better couplers and titling system and all...

It's a model of the prototype so there are variations between it and the full production units, the main differences are the underframe fixtures.

Surprizing some models are being released at the old prices.  MA did suggest a new Japanese factory that would allow prices to drop 10-20%.  But original pre 2015 prices is better.

Looks like the 215 series madness will end now (and then start anew)

So far used models were sold well above their original retail price. I got mine, but I'm glad they're re-releasing it. It's a great model.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:54 AM, Suica said:

Looks like the 215 series madness will end now (and then start anew)

So far used models were sold well above their original retail price. I got mine, but I'm glad they're re-releasing it. It's a great model.

Too bad it has just been reverted back to Yahoo madness... again. 

Receive this in my email today:

Thank you for ordering with AmiAmi.

We regret to inform you that production of the following item(s) has been discontinued by the manufacturer:

1 x A0023 215 Series 2nd Batch Additional 4Car Set(Pre-order)

1 x A0022 215 Series 2nd Batch Basic 6Car Set(Pre-order)

Unfortunately we will be unable to fulfill any outstanding orders for the above item(s). We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for your kind understanding.

And the official letter from MA here

That just... sucks. Oh well, more money saved is good I guess ~

• Sad 2

So I'm guessing prices will skyrocket more of people that sold their old ones in anticipation of the new ones. I'm happy that this model does not interest me.

Darn, the 215 was just about the only microace model I was hoping for, guess I'll wait another 5 years before they do another run.  Anyone know why it was canceled? 

Edited by Kiha66
9 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Darn, the 215 was just about the only microace model I was hoping for, guess I'll wait another 5 years before they do another run.  Anyone know why it was canceled? 

According to MA's official letter and my limited Japanese, it would look like that there were shortages of the metal that is being used for the 215series model and thus manufacturing is difficult, hence they dropped the pre-orders...

Wonder if anyone who saw the MA re-release news and went ahead to sell out their existing 215s in view that they would be able to get a new set but got stuck by this piece of crap news...

Weird, Is there some special metal thats only found in 215 type model?  Seems like any difficulty finding parts for one model would affect others as well. 

I find that difficult to believe.

99% of other cancelled models has been low pre-orders numbers or prices not correct due to higher than expected developement costs.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, Kiha66 said:

Weird, Is there some special metal thats only found in 215 type model?  Seems like any difficulty finding parts for one model would affect others as well. 

I just came across a copy of the letter, the key word is 金型 (kanagata), the die/moulding for the model , which is evidently not in good condition.

• Thanks 2

That would make sense it was canceled if they could not use the old moulds as it would add a big increase in cost to make new ones and then no longer profitable.

jeff

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Funny how they now decided to split the HuisTenBosch / Midori set. Also what's the imperial train?

Those trains split in real life. And that orange set is unique. Previous release were separate also.

The kiha 185 looks like the Yufu Express colours.

I'm more surprised at the E653 releases. Dunno how many they will sell so quickly after GM releases.

Edited by katoftw
5 hours ago, katoftw said:

Those trains split in real life. And that orange set is unique. Previous release were separate also.

Indeed the actual train runs off together from Hakata & split at Haiki... but i beg to differ about the previous release being sold separately (A0377 & A3664)

While the new orange coloured HTB is very welcomed, it is pretty steep, 20k for a 4-car set... the Midori is even more expensive, which i cant understand why either... 

Those 653s are very welcomed too, since they are being offered at a much lower price point then the GMs, espeically the JNR coloured livery...i'm still hoping Kato will pick up the E653 though..

Those MA 783 prices are getting ludicrous. ¥44k for an 8 car set. I passed on the older version because I thought ¥28k was a bit steep for an 8 car set. Asking ¥24K for a 4 car that is made in China with not always reliable motors of workings and no off the shelf spares if things do wrong is pretty ballsy. I hope Tomix or Kato see fit to do more Kyushu based stock. The 811s, 783s. I appreciate most outlets don’t sell at SRP/RRP but I preordered a 4 car HO set for ¥25K.

I may rethink getting the older set as I still see them around. The Midori doesn’t appear any different to the older set and the HTB updated colour is a train I see most mornings.

Edited by Kamome

Indeed... which was why I was super excited about the 'Sato' release poster prank with the 783 series in it... Wish Kato would pick up more JR Kyushu cars indeed... But oh well, at lease they picked up the 813 series... 

Good to see that the MA E653s are slightly cheaper than the GM ones... after may GM releases, I am starting to feel that the quality of the GM isn't exactly quite on par with the other makers... It sometimes sorts of feel plasticy and like a Tomytec model, yet at a higher price than the usual makers... 

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Good to see that the MA E653s are slightly cheaper than the GM ones... after may GM releases, I am starting to feel that the quality of the GM isn't exactly quite on par with the other makers... It sometimes sorts of feel plasticy and like a Tomytec model, yet at a higher price than the usual makers... 

I don't know man, I think the MicroAce's E653 models are just among the very worst, recently sold, Japanese N gauge models you can buy. They feel and look so toy-like and miss so many details. They really didn't change a lot ever since they released the first E653 in 2001.

No wonder used ones usually sell for very little money.

I dodged a bullet. With MicroAce, you have to pre-order or you might run the risk of never getting that model for another 5+ years.

I really want a Yufu express. But 5000 yen a car is murder. Especially after the December release took a toll on the finances. I'm still trying to catch up.

But judging by the horrible google translation on hobbysearch. This release is of the generic Kiha 185s when they first started operation in Kyushu. Not the Yufu or Trans comtemporary versions of today.

I might see if I can get an older set on yahoo cheaper. Now that I know what a 2019 4 car set will cost.

Edited by katoftw
8 minutes ago, katoftw said:

But judging by the horrible google translation on hobbysearch. This release is of the generic Kiha 185s when they first started operation in Kyushu. Not the Yufu or Trans comtemporary versions of today.

I am also interested in a Yufu express and wouldn’t even care too much about the price as long as I can find a video or picture (besides the one in the manual) of it running in this exact livery with imperial deco...