MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

I'm not sure how the Japanese modelers reacted to those ever rising MA prices, guess our reaction is quite clear just by looking at this thread.

I can imagine their sales going down quite a bit, so finally considering to open their own production facility makes sense. Took 'em long enough though.

Should take care of those models in blank boxes, popping up online as well.

Edited by Suica

While it's nice news, 10-20% off of their prices are still like:

Hankyu 2300 series 4-car set - 24,400 yen (RRP - Recommended retail price before taxes) 

20% off = 19,520 yen RRP 

Let's use a same company, same number of cars for comparison:

Hankyu 9300 series 4-car set - 12,500 yen  (RRP - Recommended retail price before taxes) 

Another example, again same number of cars, same company for apple to apple comparison:

Kiha 283 Super Ozora 6-car set - 33,800 yen (RRP - Recommended retail price before taxes) 

20% off = 27,040 yen RRP 

Kiha 283 Super Ozora 6-car set - 18,375 yen (RRP - Recommended retail price before taxes) 

And one last one with another maker:

Odakyu 2400 4-car set - 20,200 yen (RRP - Recommended retail price before taxes) 

20% off = 16,160 yen RRP 

Odakyu 4000 4-car set  - 13,800 yen (RRP - Recommended retail price before taxes) 

I still don't see how it is going to help much against the competition... Yes I know MA has unique stuff and all but... 

Nevertheless, it's good news so at least some models can now be finally released...

This seems to be the trend in doing ongoing production work in China in a range of products. You can get set up and working with a factory and then next year it’s gone either to a better deal or out of business. Costs of setting up the production and all the ongoing knowledge lost and that can be a big chunk of the overall production price. Retirement of the master production manager for model train manufacturers in China a number of years back and Kader control also hurt more independent production.

jeff

Gordon Werner

I really wish Micro Ace would release models of the Shintetsu 6000s/6500s as well as the 2000s & 5000s. They did such a nice job with the 3000s. 

37 minutes ago, Gordon Werner said:

I really wish Micro Ace would release models of the Shintetsu 6000s/6500s as well as the 2000s & 5000s. They did such a nice job with the 3000s. 

Actually, I wouldn't really wish Micro Ace would do any models that I like, especially looking at the direction of their prices and how often the production will be delayed... I would seriously hope for Kato or Tomix to do those that I really like instead ~  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Gordon Werner
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Actually, I wouldn't really wish Micro Ace would do any models that I like, especially looking at the direction of their prices and how often the production will be delayed... I would seriously hope for Kato or Tomix to do those that I really like instead ~  🙂

Sure, I used Micro Ace as the example since they've been willing to release Kobe Dentetsu models before (and well done I might add)

The Japanese modelers that I meet at the monthly running sessions all love the MA variety but not the quality of the motors. There’s a lot of “マイクロ, ね!” when something MA isn’t running well. (“Micro ace, isn’t it!”)

I am really tempted to get a Kiha 31 but I haven’t seen one at the meets that doesn’t make a horrible gear grinding noise as yet. My Kiha 32 Hobby Train is a bit temperamental and needs constant love and attention to keep it running.

What's new about that ugly 50000 series?

Also I was always amazed that this crazy looking thing doesn't seem that desirable among Japanese modelers, as you can regularly find them used for 11,000 to 14,000 yen, which I think, isn't that bad.

Well, its design ensures you can"t couple it to another train in a minute of boredom. Perhaps, more than a minute.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Suica said:

Also I was always amazed that this crazy looking thing doesn't seem that desirable among Japanese modelers, as you can regularly find them used for 11,000 to 14,000 yen, which I think, isn't that bad.

50% pointier nose. I think. May have to brush up on my Japanese. 

But yeah, that thing is UGLY. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Suica said:

Hello, 

A0754 is an upgraded version of A0751.  The same car running numbers apply.  The upgrades include: flywheel motor, LED headlights and tail lights.  Headlights glow a lighter colour ... I think they mean "cooler" than the warm bulbs of my A0751.  The shell has been upgraded in line with recent modifications to the train itself.  The interior has been upgraded to include the new 3 across seating layout and more detail.

Still comes with Rapido couplers.

I'm undecided as to whether I'll get one ... I already have the other 4 ... A0750 - A0753.

• Like 1

I'll be happy with my A0752, for now.

Now, if the re-did the Star Wars or the PEACH ones, I could be convinced...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Man the latest Fruitea Train is really amazingly beautiful!!

Not sure. I can't get over how terribly blocked the driver's cab is. Might be okay for a ten year old model but a 2018 one?

Mighty interesting to see the return of the MSE! Also, noticed that MA did not ask for a hand and a leg this time for it, seeing that the previous price of the 6-car MSE was 21,400yen vs 25,400yen (about 19% increase) and 16,700yen vs 17,700yen (about 6% increase), which is good cause their prices ain't so friendly these few years...

Interesting E751 Tsugaru, and that 115 series seems very nicely painted! 🙂

Ok does anybody NOT have an E926 East-i at this point who wants one? I remember I got mine on sale at HS and even AFTER the sale they were still available. The E751 isn't horribly priced so it's worth consideration for me but I wonder how popular it will be. 

I don't have an E926 yet.  Would like one but not high on my priority list and have a moratorium on non-essential purchases right now.   I had the ow down on one that was reasonably priced a few months ago but it went before I was ready.  Someday.