2017 - Just a couple of photos...

adrianKeith

adrianKeith

Just wanted to share a couple of photos that I took on my recent trip to Japan. Unfortunately, I didn't take many of the trains as it wasn't until the end of my trip that I really started to gain a much bigger appreciation for Japan's public transit. These two are also heavily stylized. I can upload them as they were shot or, at least without all the heavy editing. Hope you enjoy.

1st photo is from a train in Otsu, leaving Minami-Shiga station going toward Kyoto. I actually want to try to rebuild a small diorama of that station. Fond memories :)

34683896726_358a0da8d7_k.jpgIMG_7907 by Adrian Keith, on Flickr

I can't recall where this 2nd photo is from but loved the art work.

34562262042_4ecdec40a1_k.jpgIMG_7918 by Adrian Keith, on Flickr

• Like 9
Das Steinkopf

Hello Adrian

You should check out this thread http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/9842-keihan-Ōtsu-lines-model-trains/ as a number of us here are big fans of the Keihan Otsusen, we all have a love of trains of the Ishiyama and Sakamoto Line and the Keihan Keishin and some of us model either one or both of those lines. I revisited Otsu in mid April this year and rode on both lines, I got to ride on 609-610 which you have photographed and must say it is the most stunning of the Keihan Ishiyama wrappings that I have ever seen, I have seen quite a few as I was there in 2015 as well, mind you I think Gordon Werner has seen a lot more as he has travelled the lines over a vast period including when the Keihan Keishin ran at street level from Yamashina to Sanjo.

34337380185_3c1b5b4eea_z_d.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 2
adrianKeith

Hello Adrian

You should check out this thread http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/9842-keihan-Ōtsu-lines-model-trains/ as a number of us here are big fans of the Keihan Otsusen, we all have a love of trains of the Ishiyama and Sakamoto Line and the Keihan Keishin and some of us model either one or both of those lines. I revisited Otsu in mid April this year and rode on both lines, I got to ride on 609-610 which you have photographed and must say it is the most stunning of the Keihan Ishiyama wrappings that I have ever seen, I have seen quite a few as I was there in 2015 as well, mind you I think Gordon Werner has seen a lot more as he has travelled the lines over a vast period including when the Keihan Keishin ran at street level from Yamashina to Sanjo.

34337380185_3c1b5b4eea_z_d.jpg

Thanks for sharing! That's a great photo! The colors really pop. I agree, this wrapping is done so well I was in awe.

I'll have to post in that thread you suggested as I'm trying to get as much info on everything I need to make a semi-accurate diorama of Minami-Shiga :)

Edited by adrianKeith
  • Like 1