What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

11 hours ago, jappomania said:

Hi Guy,

ehm... too short 😊

the second add-on set is just not present in the photo or still missing? 🤔

take a look because finding add-on sets when it will be all sold out become a nightmare like for japanese trains

(add-on for TGV PSE rulez...)

It arrived yesterday (746102), DM toys didnt have it in stock but Gaugemaster in the UK did 😊👍🏻

Edited by disturbman
1 hour ago, GCS said:

It arrived yesterday (746102), DM toys didnt have it in stock but Gaugemaster in the UK did 😊👍🏻

🥰  ottimo!  

(I think you understood that I hate the "half" trains, some are "hard to handle" like 20 cars Eurostar but that's my rule)

Ciao!

Massimo

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Should be very, very soon, the fancy SBB in new color will be the first to release.

This is like one of the worst model Arnold has ever made lol. Nobody should buy that train.

actually finding spare parts was not too difficult. The engine for the ICE-T was still readily available if you knew where to look. But now (ever since Fleischmann went belly-up a few years ago) it seems to have been much more difficult to get spare parts; I expect it to be really hard in the not so far future. However fortunately there are now 3rd party alternatives for stuff like engines (also for the ICE-T) which makes an exchange relatively easy and not too expensive (Micromotor, for example).

Fortunately for Guy the second add-on set is still available. I think many people are put off by the high price and prefer to stick with the older version for less money instead. BTW I noticed a strange phenomenon over the last few years that EU brands deliver a set in a very small quantity, and then do a second release half a year/a year later. Making it very confusing to get a straight answer whether the model is still available or completely sold out. Not so sure why this would happen; I thought model trains of the same model number are all ordered and produced in bulk rather than a first really small batch and then a larger batch? 

Hi Michel!

for me is enough to complete the old SBB fancy color 😋 , in the meantime 10 more Shinkansen has been released/announced 

I agree about spare parts, but it happened to me 10 years ago, it was unavailable and sincerely paying 80€ (spare + shipping ) for a train that I paid around 200€ was out of my limit.

today is much simple, not only Micromotor, but also a lot of Ebay auction or Aliexpress items from Cina (I remotorized a lot of my old Egger Bahn collection) gave  a good solution, but 5-10 years ago was another history (dozen of 12v DC motors from dismantled CD-ROM driver etc...),

about EU brands sincerly for me is  black hole, about release policy, about news catalog when 50% of the previous still missing, about release never released, about fake or incomplete trains etc... I buy only complete trains from 2002-2003, probably that's the reason because I have for now only 3 ICE but "enough" TGV/AVE/Eurostar-TMST

Ciao!

Massimo

49 minutes ago, jappomania said:

🥰  ottimo!  

(I think you understood that I hate the "half" trains, some are "hard to handle" like 20 cars Eurostar but that's my rule)

Ciao!

Massimo

I agree Massimo, If I can’t access a prototypical length model train generally I won’t get it lol.

Another tram for my collection. These were marketed by Model Power starting in 1981 as a Brill Trolley when they were in fact homebuilt Toronto Railway Company Class F cars with Curtis trucks.   The history of these cars along with photos and drawings appeared in Model Railroader in June 1972.

I will probably repower the set with a Kato tram drive and perhaps a Pocket Line trailer chassis.

IMG_9100 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_9103 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 7

Bill, as far as I know the prototype never ran as multi-car trains in Toronto. Maybe you could power them both, and patch the notches in the ends where the drawbar goes on the models.

Rich K.

• Like 1

Yes, never with trailers. Don't think they had enough power.  Two drives is an idea.  For that opening I am thinking adding a gate.  Many open platform cars had scissors gates across the far side opening.  Just part  of having fun!

Fresh off the DHL truck from AMZ.JP - the V11 was not new (used VG) and the V14 was new. Based on exchange rate at time of purchase, I paid just a bit under $178USD shipped after a modest AMZ points credit (total was ¥22989).  

Of any country that I’d expect an honest return, Japan is probably it. All parts are there aside from the manual. I think someone didn’t figure out how the easement curves went and gave up on it. 

DFF67111-0F3F-4BF7-BE27-4643686CB3E3.jpeg

Edited by phlydude
  • Like 5

Found a website for a shop in Canada that had some N.O.S. 2011 edition Kato UP E9A/B units for the City of Los Angeles set. I picked up the passenger cars on the cheap from another site that were “used” but definitely never used. 

DD21A83A-6EE3-48F1-883E-D1CBD4584314.jpeg

• Like 2
On 1/27/2023 at 6:11 AM, bill937ca said:

Another tram for my collection. These were marketed by Model Power starting in 1981 as a Brill Trolley when they were in fact homebuilt Toronto Railway Company Class F cars with Curtis trucks.   The history of these cars along with photos and drawings appeared in Model Railroader in June 1972.

I will probably repower the set with a Kato tram drive and perhaps a Pocket Line trailer chassis.

IMG_9100 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_9103 1024 x 768.jpg

Yes. I got a set of these free  a while back, as non runners. have fitted a kato chassis which requires some styrene supports, but runs well. ugly drawbar removed and might add my own style drawbar to run as a pair. I like the look of them running together even if not prototypical

ehm.. after 30-35 years it was strange to find it, but at the end I won 😍

5 time the original price, at the end around 2,5€ each, but obviously depend how many orange TGV's need it 😇

615575969_barreTGV.thumb.jpg.9b204d5ea2c98a8a1265a4a9723974d9.jpg

Ciao!

Massimo

• Like 2

@jappomania the coupler for the modern TGVs also work, are almost the same length and are less rigid so there is less worry of breaking the pillar the couplers attach to (which can happen on frequent coupling).

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

@jappomania the coupler for the modern TGVs also work, are almost the same length and are less rigid so there is less worry of breaking the pillar the couplers attach to (which can happen on frequent coupling).

Hi Michel!

I think you talk about the draw bar for the double traction, right?

619885799_drawbartgv.thumb.jpg.18a0399faf96608ce318a7330171d280.jpg

thanks lot for this tip! I never tried but for the others still without original coupling I try your solution 😊 (... and those with broken pillar will be demoted to TGV 001 donors, like you told, 40 years old ABS plastic don't like to be handle too)

ciao!

Massimo

Yup, that's the one @jappomania. Because the newer plastic is a bit thinner and more flexible rather than the superrigid and thick plastic of the original coupler, there is less risk of breaking the pillar. 

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile, back at the ED Depot, more packages keep turning up, because trains and I am weak. Seriously!

IMG_6799.thumb.JPG.cdc5dff639835210ec18e40dea5a21b6.JPG

The first arrival of the bunch, the Märklin 39491 Danish State Railways E class 4-6-2. This one came from Toottoot in Invercargill and suffice to say, I'm glad I got it - it's a beautiful model. This particular model, released to celebrate 175 years of Danish railways, depicts museum loco E 991 as it looked just under two decades ago, making it the second museum steam loco I have in my collection besides the CZD 499.1 class 4-8-2.

IMG_6801.thumb.JPG.5606609992fe4e09bd320dc3d3f05e3c.JPG

The most recent arrival from Toottoot, rolling stock wise, was this 47462 container wagon set. I fell in love with the four-axle container cars when they were released in 2015, starting with just one Belgian example and now I've got (quickly checks open Rolling Stock List) sixteen with plans for at least two more. This particular wagon set was a substitute for the larger 47461 three-car set, which Toottoot could not get due to inventory issues in Göppingen; when it arrived, I found that the container car not pictured had lost two buffers in transit. As Geoff packs his stock well, I can only guess that the box got biffed around a bit between Germany and New Zealand. Our postal staff aren't always careful with parcels! When I feel like it, I'll glue the buffers back on and put that wagon into service.

And then this was a lucky find!

IMG_6796.thumb.JPG.507702ca39898bd09141230da3e7441f.JPG

A fellow Märklinist in the North Island decided to have a clean out of some stock and emailed around various contacts with a list of stock he was selling. This Trix 23992 powdered coal silo wagon set was one of those items, being offered for $60.00. While I'm not sure of the age, I can tell by the box that it's post-Märklin takeover in 1997, so it's allowed in my collection (I don't buy non-Märklin trains in H0, so any Trix items pre-1997 are strictly forbidden). Well, actually, it's not a 23992 as the two-axle silo car is in fact a Märklin 46581 which had been swapped at some point for the Trix version. Not that it matters, same type and looks good.

Geoff also sent up some lamp parts for my BR50 2-10-0 which had been missing a lamp protector railing when I brought it, and will shortly be sending up a set of five freight cars... (checks Rolling Stock List again quickly) wait, 204 freight cars? Woah, that's a lot! Send heeeeeeeeelp!

Alastair

• Like 1

So the postman came today with something all the way from China. 

Thanks to @disturbman for the help, everything worked fine after all, despite my anxiety😅

20230308_174837~2.jpg

20230308_185955~2.jpg

20230308_175751~2.jpg

Edited by disturbman
Better cropped pictures
  • Like 4

Maybe, we will see. I'm more expecting to see Changming's preannounced CRH6, CR400AF and CR400BF finally be released. Kunter hasn't announced any new CRH models yet, except for the second add-on for their already released CRH380.

Edited by disturbman

The parts arrived to build a Glacier on Tour Ge 4/4 III. So I filmed the process:

Significantly less than half the price of buying the full train set (including delivery), and as explained I don't need another oval of R150 curves, another standard Kato controller, or two panoramic coaches which are identical to two I already have.

I think this may be a new motor, it seems significantly quieter than the older models and I know there was mention of same in the publicity for the re-release.

• Like 3
On 3/25/2023 at 10:23 AM, Welshbloke said:

The parts arrived to build a Glacier on Tour Ge 4/4 III. So I filmed the process:

Significantly less than half the price of buying the full train set (including delivery), and as explained I don't need another oval of R150 curves, another standard Kato controller, or two panoramic coaches which are identical to two I already have.

I think this may be a new motor, it seems significantly quieter than the older models and I know there was mention of same in the publicity for the re-release.

Nice video Matt. I did the same thing as you by buying the base set first, and then moving on to buy the 'Glacier on Tour' loco separately, though mine came complete and split from a set rather than assembled from a pile of bits. I have however done that with an Kato ED75-1000 though which remains one of my favourite locomotives. By the way, did you consider getting the Kato Z01-0513 short couplings instead of buying the 28-186 Glacier Express coupling set?

Following that reminder that I need to exercise my Kato RhB stock when next on leave at the end of this month, more Märklin rolling stock has turned up, because trains and I am (still) weak.

IMG_6885.thumb.JPG.7ae7084c23c2b1805f0ab5640d06c1ef.JPG

The first two arrivals were these: the 46077 lowside car with BR05 driving wheelset load, and a gondola with coal load from the 29820 Digital starter set from 2005/06. The first one came from a collection the Märklin Model Railway Club in Wellington was breaking up on behalf of its owner, while the gondola was brought from an online auction and will go on to expand my coal train which now stretches thirteen wagons long, and despite my best Fat Controller impression is set on getting larger and into even more trouble! It also has white-spotted wheels which sounded a bit crunchy to start with but so far it seems to be behaving, or just biding its time.

And then as part of today's Zenmarket package, this turned up. I've taken to calling it my 'Sammy truck' for reasons I'm sure @JR 500系 will appreciate:

IMG_6886.thumb.JPG.d77da108803c7e05af7c170c5c65872a.JPG

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! The 46940 lowside car was a one-time series for the theme 'Auto Plant' in 2007 and comes loaded with a Mercedes-Benz O.302 bus. Trix released another version with different road number and a different coloured O.302 under item no. 24400, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that one too.

Sammy, are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you don't wanna join us down the H0 rabbit hole? Come to the Dark Side... we have buses with even more details!🤣 Oh, and our trains are easier to pick up and handle too.

Alastair

Edited by ED75-775
  • Like 1

I didn't know Kato had the close couplings listed as a separate part. It wasn't really a problem as I already had a pair from buying a 28-186 pack to kit out my four extra GE panoramic coaches (split from a Unesco set, so different numbers to the standard ones).

The couplers intended for coaches will fit the MDS-Modellbahn bogie vans and also older Fleischmann models which use their 9521 style coupler. The latter might be useful information if you fancy trying to kitbash some RhB freight stock using anything Fleischmann as a base (or maybe try bashing the 8052/3 type coach into something resembling a BerninaBahn four wheeler...)

• Like 2