What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

A Marklin SNCF BB9200 is on the way. Unboxed but it looked tidy enough and has an old 6080 decoder fitted, so it can run on digital.

As for other scales, I'm tinkering with Minitrix N again. Despite their reputation I have a dock tank, Class 26 and DB Br.110 which are not happy. I suspect the dock tank has a commutator segment which needs smoothing as it growls and one brush can be seen jiggling. The 26 needs a proper replacement brush spring to stop it overheating and stalling after 20mins or so, and the Br.110 needs a motor strip and flush with lighter fluid to clean the commutator followed by scraping out the slots between the segments. Interestingly all three are quite happy on Kato 150mm radius curves.

railsquid

A pair of Kuehn Dostos which popped up unexpectedly on Yahoo Auctions for a reasonable buy-it-now price, so I did.

46971705064_68b14a31fb_z.jpg

Kuehn "P-Wagen-Set" (DBmu) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Very nice models, only downside is they don't like being propelled through 280mm Tomix curves, though otherwise they're fine with my slightly tricky layout sections.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 6
Claude_Dreyfus
On 2/16/2019 at 3:47 PM, Suica said:

TopTrain Renfe AVE class 112

Also got me a Brawa DR BR 201 and some fitting Halberstädter Mitteleinstiegswagen

DzhvmOeWoAAPOl1.thumb.jpg.1176b8ececf50a72ccac42d81b5dceea.jpg

Very nice. I got hold of the H0 version of this a year or two ago, along with a set of Brawa orange and cream Halderstadts. Certainly proves a crowd pleaser at shows...

As an aside, I came across a real BR201 in new employment as a private engineering locomotive in a rather fetching green livery at Cologne last year.

• Like 1
kevsmiththai

Well I finally got round to getting the limited edition model of 68 001 Evolution. This is an exclusive model, limited to 350, and only available from Direct Rail services in the U.K. Produced by Dapol it is a superb model of the Vossloh class 68 locos that now work nearly all the Nuclear freight trains in the U.K and I'm in the fortunate position of usually having a few of the real ones outside my office window most days.

Two are seen topping and tailing a Heysham bound train at Park South in Cumbria

OTJ0qDm.jpg

68 030 is in the later, plainer livery

The only thing missing on the model are the prominent brake discs on the wheels and I've got some etched stainless steel ones on order

YVYSNcv.jpg

I've been rather indulgent as I've got one of the N scale ones as well! This is also a superb model 

DyQSZna.jpg

Now I'm mainly known as a z gauge modeller but I've got a young grandchild (Brooklyn) who is now pestering me to build a 00 layout so he can run the 68 and some FNA flask wagons alongside the Northern Railways Class 153 DMU I picked up for him at show. No idea where I'm going to find room for that!

Kev

• Like 4
kevsmiththai

Forgot to mention that I've ordered the sound decoder and the double reflex speaker  to give it the distinctive sound of these locos (Think, putting two army boots in the washing machine and putting it on spin!)

Kev

• Like 3

Two more Proto 73' Budd Baggage cars. Brings the count up to three. Removed the lettering on them so I can put my fictional road on. Planning to run two of them with my steam locomotives and turn the third into an HEP car.

0508191419.jpg

• Like 1
gavino200
On 5/6/2019 at 9:56 AM, Yavianice said:

KATO TGV V150 repaint from FMR Productions with correct pantograph assembly. 

Very nice! Is this a once off? Or is/was it in mass/limited production? I'm assuming you need to pay a pretty penny for this beautiful paint job. 

Yavianice
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Very nice! Is this a once off? Or is/was it in mass/limited production? I'm assuming you need to pay a pretty penny for this beautiful paint job. 

FMR Production does reliveries for TGV's and some other trains. V150's are his speciality,

• Like 1

While beeing anxious to have the April Hobby Search shipment lost I received something Italian stuff.

The dome railrar is way cool. I must have had this!

And the narrow gauge diesel railcars of Sicilian are so cute. Picked them because of a special discount (10%) on the already reduced price (50%).

And - yes - it is a virus 😉

Edit: I should remove the dust. The flash of my camera highlighted it.

IMGP4764.JPG

IMGP4765.JPG

Edited by al camino
noticed the dust on pictures 8-)
  • Like 2
marknewton
On 5/11/2019 at 2:24 AM, al camino said:

IMGP4765.JPG

The railcars are nice. So is the NSWGR 422 class on the flat wagon. I used to drive them when I was on the freight.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton

Been a slow month for Japanese purchases, but a slightly busy one for more local trains.  Traded in some used HO cars at the local train shop for a brand new kato smoothside lark set.  Motive power comes from kato daylight engines as the two trains had a shared power pool.

20190513_143207.thumb.jpg.313ec78966eec68a4db44662ddff1e8a.jpg

• Like 5

Also finally got the train I've wanted since middle school (back around 2005), the Broadway Limited Imports HO scale California Zephyr.  Now I just have to find some place to run the thing...

IMG_20190517_105623_446.thumb.jpg.cb9b883d3e5de0b0e879d1cf04989619.jpg

IMG_20190517_105625_034.thumb.jpg.23d1b7c9244141d4db0a0327d6d5d3ad.jpg

• Like 3
serotta1972

Finally caved in and got the FEF, what a beauty.  Got the re-release El Capitan and a pair of Gold Bonnets, they're the same road numbers but like the PA1 & PA1 combo.  And I love me my F40's and really like this livery.

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0151.jpeg

• Like 4
Martijn Meerts

Didn't know the El Capitan was already re-released.. I did see they announcement of it, but I thought it was for later this year. I really want the El Capitan (and Super Chief), but I really should limit spending a bit again. I spent well over 1000 euro the past weeks for the tools and materials needed for the H0j / H0e stuff, and that's without the import which I will very likely have to pay o.O 

Both el cap and super chief have been released now I believe.  Seems they all come at once when you don't have the money on hand! 

13 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Both el cap and super chief have been released now I believe.  Seems they all come at once when you don't have the money on hand! 

Oh yeah!

• Like 1
serotta1972

And all the motive power you need - F7 A’s and B’s and PA1 & PB1 Warbonnet schemes including the new Goldbonnet PA1. 

Martijn Meerts

Except, apparently the Super Chief and El Capitan never used PA1/PB1, or at least, not during the time it was in operation as a regular service ..

Trying to decide if I want the Goldbonnet unit or not. I don't have anywhere to run it and all but one train of mixed coaches in N is Japanese.

I could always pull the Nihonkai with it...

Martijn Meerts
55 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

They actually did use PA/PBs, just the Fs were more numerous and were the regular motive power for the train.  There are a few photos showing the PAs being used, including advertising shots done by ATSF.

https://www.american-rails.com/images/PASUPERCHIEFRRE.jpg

Interesting... The consist info I came across listed only F3 and F7 units, as well as some older ones from before the F3 and F7 were built, and some more modern diesels usually used for freight. Then again, I’ve also seen images of a variety of motive options like ABA, ABBA, ABBB, ABBBA... So I guess they weren’t all that picky 🙂

@Kiha66 laughing notwithstanding, I see 3 separate units between the end units, which I assume are the B units.  So is this not an ABBBA ?

As I don't do any N American rail stuff, I have not a real clue on all this nomenclature...