What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

serotta1972
On 7/22/2018 at 12:45 AM, Welshbloke said:

The BR.78 is one of Marklin's best IMO. I have the earlier Wurttemburg version which I bought "as seen" for £30 years ago. Turned out to have a 6090 digital decoder with load regulation fitted, and after a good clean and some fine tuning it runs superbly. Look up videos of one on Youtube running Niebull-Dagebull plandampf services.

Does anyone happen to know what the sign says on the front and why it has a diagonal line?  Yes, it's a very nice locomotive.

serotta1972

Just got a couple of Bachmann Chinese Diesel Locomotives, an H.DF 4B - Oranger and an H.DF 4D Cream & Burgundy.

IMG_4491.thumb.jpg.18520d30b60a089bb1021692980f439a.jpgIMG_4493.thumb.jpg.3a77c1c48d591c43dff26c9328811327.jpgIMG_4490.thumb.jpg.0eed6c0caa2d7038d9fd5690b7ee5360.jpgIMG_4492.thumb.jpg.321c631f1375b1821719586ea98b0c5a.jpg

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Just got a couple of Bachmann Chinese Diesel Locomotives, an H.DF 4B - Oranger and an H.DF 4D Cream & Burgundy.

Very nice! Where did you get the Chinese locos?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Does anyone happen to know what the sign says on the front and why it has a diagonal line?  Yes, it's a very nice locomotive.

It says "Ruhr Schnellverkehr". The Ruhr region is and industrial region on the Rhein. Schnellverkehr means 'fast traffic'. "Ruhr Schnellverkehr" per a google search was the name of a railway company in 1930s Germany in the Rhein/Ruhr region. See the link below + google translate.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhrschnellverkehr

I can only guess that the line through it is to tell railway workers that this train or loco is not part of the RSV system.

• Thanks 1
serotta1972
14 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Very nice! Where did you get the Chinese locos?

Got them through an Estate Sale - contact Railtunes here on the forum and he can give you some information on where to get them.  Usually Hong Kong based online retailers, there was one I was going to order some trains from but just read on another thread that he is shutting down his business.  Actually, Railtunes (Paul) will be forwarding me another name of a shop that he orders Chinese models from and when I get it I will forward them to you.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Got them through an Estate Sale - contact Railtunes here on the forum and he can give you some information on where to get them.  Usually Hong Kong based online retailers, there was one I was going to order some trains from but just read on another thread that he is shutting down his business.  Actually, Railtunes (Paul) will be forwarding me another name of a shop that he orders Chinese models from and when I get it I will forward them to you.

Thanks, I'll contact him. I've been thinking about a Chinese collection for quite a while. I started a thread about it about a year ago. I have a bit of a China obsession, and am planning to visit one of these years. 

serotta1972

Good person to contact, I plan on getting some N Scale Chinese trains - there's some really nice ones out now.  Paul has them so I've seen them and are on par with Kato and Tomix in terms of quality both in detail and mechanism.  Actually here's an online store and I believe this is the one shutting down but it'll give you an idea of what Chinese Models that are available.

https://www.eztranscom.com/english/index.html

• Thanks 1

Oh man, those look amazing!   I really like the orange diesel, I wonder how much the N scale version is going for.  Now I'm getting tempted to get into Chinese modeling too....

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Oh my!  Seems the HO ones are quite pricey, although it seems you can find them on ebay for closer to 200.  The N scale ones seem to go for about 100, which is much more affordable but the coaches seem to be hard to find.

1 minute ago, Kiha66 said:

Oh my!  Seems the HO ones are quite pricey, although it seems you can find them on ebay for closer to 200.  The N scale ones seem to go for about 100, which is much more affordable but the coaches seem to be hard to find.

It's expensive. But at least it exists. That's a start. I'd love to know where they're made. If they're made in mainland China then they can, no doubt, be acquired for much less. I have some friends in mainland who could help me with this. But I'd need to gather more information first. Manufacturers, models, etc.

1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

It's expensive. But at least it exists. That's a start. I'd love to know where they're made. If they're made in mainland China then they can, no doubt, be acquired for much less. I have some friends in mainland who could help me with this. But I'd need to gather more information first. Manufacturers, models, etc.

I know the N scale ones were made by CMR line, who also did some HO scale models as well.  HO wise bachann also made a few, the ones I'm hoping for is the chinese mainline steam locos in N scale at some point.

7 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

I know the N scale ones were made by CMR line, who also did some HO scale models as well.  HO wise bachann also made a few, the ones I'm hoping for is the chinese mainline steam locos in N scale at some point.

The trick will be to search in Mando from within China. I'll ask a friend who owes me a few favors to help me with this.

4 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Those are nice. I'll see what I can dig up on Kunter and CNR. I still bet this could be obtained for less if bought with rambos from within the guo.

Let me know what you find out, I may want to piggy back on a future order. 😁

1 minute ago, Kiha66 said:

Let me know what you find out, I may want to piggy back on a future order. 😁

I will. I'm going to try to find out all I can by myself first. 

• Thanks 1

And another new model just arrived. MBS-Sebnitz has a special discount going on, so I had to order a few things~

DR 173 001 diesel railcar by KRES

DjwQsQ-XsAAZMQw.thumb.jpg.6f8c300ccef91f60a2ad6fabb4d1249f.jpg

• Like 2
13 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I had a Marklin catalogue from the year this was released (think it was 2003ish). From what I remember the explanation was that the loco was used on intensive passenger services in the Rhine area. Marklin offered matching coaches which were all compartment non-gangwayed bogie stock in red and cream, a pack of three and a single one with a sound unit and tail lights IIRC.

• Thanks 1

Right, more details. The pack and single coach were 43108/9, and it's the Ruhr area (no idea why I typed Rhine). They probably will not be cheap, but if you like the look of them it may be worth tracking them down.

My T.18 technically needs the matching Wurttemburg coaches. I have two along with post and luggage vans. They are not exactly plentiful and prices follow this, hence only having the two which had to come from ebay.de! The vans were lucky finds on ebay UK.

19 hours ago, gavino200 said:

It says "Ruhr Schnellverkehr". The Ruhr region is and industrial region on the Rhein. Schnellverkehr means 'fast traffic'. "Ruhr Schnellverkehr" per a google search was the name of a railway company in 1930s Germany in the Rhein/Ruhr region. See the link below + google translate.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhrschnellverkehr

I can only guess that the line through it is to tell railway workers that this train or loco is not part of the RSV system.

Actually only those trains belonging to the system carried the crossed over text. It was more like the predecessor of the Rhein-Ruhr S-bahn and most of the initial rolling stock was standard DRG steam engines with these markings added and a few dedicated multiple units. These signs were very similar to the route indicator circles used in Great Britain but much less practical. After the war, the dedicated S-bahn trains got a special S-bahn paint (a beautiful orange on white). Other than being priority services and using dedicated platforms, these trains ran and still run on the normal local train network. (sadly the newest sets are painted in the standard colors for the operators for each subcontracted service)

• Like 1
scotspensioner
57 minutes ago, kvp said:

Actually only those trains belonging to the system carried the crossed over text. It was more like the predecessor of the Rhein-Ruhr S-bahn and most of the initial rolling stock was standard DRG steam engines with these markings added and a few dedicated multiple units. These signs were very similar to the route indicator circles used in Great Britain but much less practical. After the war, the dedicated S-bahn trains got a special S-bahn paint (a beautiful orange on white). Other than being priority services and using dedicated platforms, these trains ran and still run on the normal local train network. (sadly the newest sets are painted in the standard colors for the operators for each subcontracted service)

Actually the orange and white only came in about 1976 when a few class 420 EMUs were sent to the area.Later new coaches along with a specially painted fleet of class 111 electric locos appeared in the early 1980s.After reunification a number of ex DR 143 electrics were painted to match but the red DBAG livery was introduced shortly afterwards

This is based on personal observation

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, scotspensioner said:

Actually the orange and white only came in about 1976 when a few class 420 EMUs were sent to the area.Later new coaches along with a specially painted fleet of class 111 electric locos appeared in the early 1980s.After reunification a number of ex DR 143 electrics were painted to match but the red DBAG livery was introduced shortly afterwards

This is based on personal observation

The old steam locos were used until 1967 and got gradually replaced with modern rolling stock. The first electrics were standard color with stainless steel cars and a small round S logo on front, but soon (by 1970ies) the new sbahn color was in use, mostly with the new emus. The 111-s started arriving in 1979, already in sbahn color. This nice paint slowly disappeard with the end of the old Bundesbahn.

scotspensioner
1 hour ago, kvp said:

The old steam locos were used until 1967 and got gradually replaced with modern rolling stock. The first electrics were standard color with stainless steel cars and a small round S logo on front, but soon (by 1970ies) the new sbahn color was in use, mostly with the new emus. The 111-s started arriving in 1979, already in sbahn color. This nice paint slowly disappeard with the end of the old Bundesbahn.

I have colour slides of class 141s in green livery with the small round S on the front taken at Koln in September 1976 but the same day i photographed a class 420 at Duisburg HBF and while writing this remember seeing one at Bochum Dahlhausen in March 1976. Both were in Orange and white.

• Like 2

Huuuuuge thank you to gavino for putting up with my incessant bothering for his translating skills, thanks to him I should have two DF4B locomotives on their way sometime soon!  Fingers crossed they may even had DCC, at least thats what translating the description lead me to believe.
(one is for a friend at the local club, who I've also managed to infect with the foreign railway bug)
TB2k482nlyWBuNkSmFPXXXguVXa_!!65108014.jpg.5c4d1b4bee86d98502f316b1fe237f6d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1